ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My motherboard is not booting up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curi1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My motherboard is not booting up
    Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 9:21pm
My motherboard was turn off during the bios update and now is not booting up.. my motherboard is FM2A75 Pro4-M..
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 10:53pm
If the system lost power and was unable to complete the BIOS update then unfortunately the BIOS is unrecoverable and by extension the board is unusable. Fortunately all is not lost, you can order a new BIOS chip from ASRock directly and replace the damaged one.

The info you need can be found here. The BIOS chip is $5 US + shipping. 

With a new BIOS chip your board should be good as it was before the failed update Thumbs Up

Good luck and welcome to the forums Smile
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:39pm
What method were you using for the BIOS update?

If you were using Instant Flash, some ASRock boards can recover from a loss of power during an Instant Flash BIOS update.

Just put the USB flash drive with the Instant Flash BIOS update file (in a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel) and start the PC. If you are lucky the BIOS update will start again on its own and hopefully complete.

ASRock in the past stated this would work on some of their boards, maybe you will be lucky.
curi1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curi1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 10:23pm
I used the regular way the the usb bios update.. but, Do you know if i  try to do this in this motherboard.
curi1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curi1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by curi1999 curi1999 wrote:

I used the regular way.The usb bios update Method.. but, Do you know if i  try to do this in this motherboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic