ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RealTekAudio Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaylanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RealTekAudio Issue
    Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 8:22pm
I have an X99 Extreme 6 running Windows 8.1 Pro which is a new install upgrade from Win7HP.

I notice in event viewer that I am getting audit failure message and the device effected seems to be my audio because the file involved is RtkAPO64.dll. I notice that the driver version that is installed is 6.01.7.95 from June 2014.

My question is this...Realtek has audio drivers dated June 2015 for Win7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 at their website and Asrock's drivers are a bit older. Any harm in trying the newer driver for my mobo? Thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 9:33pm
It should be fine, though fairly often motherboard manufacturers make tweaks to the drivers for their particular configuration. Bare in mind that all Realtek provides is the audio chip, all the circuits and caps etc are designed buy the manufacturer. 

The driver should work but any additional functionality added by ASRock (if any) will likely not be present.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic