ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't POST, 5 beeps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Erasmus_Tycho Erasmus_Tycho wrote:

PCIe slots are backwards compatible, you can even change this in BIOS too.  Have you by chance plugged your monitor into the card?  Or are you still trying to run it through the HDMI/display port on the board?

Was about to ask the same thing myself about the monitor cable. Thumbs Up

@OP, you mentioned you tried using a single stick of RAM but got no beeps and no POST, try putting all your RAM back in with the GPU installed and the monitor cable plugged into the GPU.

Edited by TooQik - 16 Feb 2018 at 11:39am
copenworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Erasmus_Tycho Erasmus_Tycho wrote:

PCIe slots are backwards compatible, you can even change this in BIOS too.  Have you by chance plugged your monitor into the card?  Or are you still trying to run it through the HDMI/display port on the board?

yes definitely plugged cable into the card. The card works as I then put it back in my AM3 PC and worked no problem. I even tried the DVI cable used by my AM3 PC and on a different screen and still got no signal. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:09pm
ITX board so only the one PCIe x16 slot to try.... 

Make sure the card is fully seated, especially if the board uses a steel reinforced PCIe slot, these are great but do make for a slightly more snug fit. 

The 5 beeps is a good sign, it means the system is working but not detecting a GPU (as per your OP).

If the GPU has an additional power connector make sure you have the correct power (PCIe) cable hooked up to it. 

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:07am
to add to this
also confirm your system ram is really fully seated (these newer slots require much more force than anyone would like to use )
check both ram and gpu are fully inserted and the contact pins are all level/inserted same amount

(ask me how i know ?..ive got one card here thats manufactured with slightly less amount of room than most cases need from the base of motherboard to the bent tab of metal bracket where you screw it in....resulting in the card not fully seating in motherboard if you use the securing screws)

also try when your sure and happy everythings plugged in ,to reset the cmos ,remove the button battery,remover power lead from wall,press and hold the case power button and wait 10 mins
and then refit battery and power lead and try to boot with 1 ram stick in a2......this first boot after cmos clear can take upto 5 mins
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

no probs mate

it has indeed been a while since the boards had graphics on them

if your not building pc's regular its an easy mistake

hopefully, the above options should be ok depending on your usage and needs

Its working now! Not sure of the exact thing I did but could have been having all the RAM in or CMOS clearing.

Anyway, how do I change boot priority to use USB stick?  I only have the option of the harddrive and UEFI.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:53am
copenworld,  while booting, tap F11 to get the Boot Device Menu, then select the device you wish to boot.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

copenworld,  while booting, tap F11 to get the Boot Device Menu, then select the device you wish to boot.  Enjoy, John.

I tried that but had same options only.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:01am
copenworld, please post a screenshot of the F11 menu.  The UEFI is probably your USB stick.  Hit F12 to get a screenshot onto a FAT formatted USB stick plugged.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic