ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB power H81M-HDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deezr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB power H81M-HDS
    Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 2:32am
My speakers are USB powered and have bright blue LEDs. I want them to turn off when i power down the system but USb power stays on. I cannot find the solution in the BIOS. Please help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 4:50am
To my knowledge there is no way to fully power down an ATX system other than to turn off the power to the power supply itself. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 2:23pm
Supplying power to the USB ports when the PC is shutdown is considered a feature, and is done by design.

You can try setting Deep Sleep to Disabled in the South Bridge Configuration but I cannot guarantee it will work.

Otherwise Xaltar is right.

You can get a USB hub with switches for each port and connect your USB speakers to the hub.
deezr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deezr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 2:13am
O.k. thanks. It seems there is no elegant way to get disable this feature. A simple bios on/off option would have been nice.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 2:40pm
Keeping USB ports powered up when the PC is shutdown is done for other features like turning on the PC with the keyboard and mouse.

Before keeping USB ports powered up became common, some boards had a jumper that would enable or disable the power to the USB ports. That would be an acceptable solution for many users IMO.

One persons great feature is another persons headache. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic