ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock Z370 Taichi -A-Tuning-Utility dangerous bug
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z370 Taichi -A-Tuning-Utility dangerous bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bug1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z370 Taichi -A-Tuning-Utility dangerous bug
    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:02pm
Helllo,

i used the A-Tuning-Utility (newest version 3.0.184) and set some voltages, than i klicked apply.

I have seen several times wrong values set, which i have never set.

For example:

VCCSA 1,56 V => I set it maximum to 1,15 V

or DMI 1,859 V => I never touched this parameter

If this tool reallly applied this values the cpu could be already damaged. It works, but you cant look inside the die what happened there.

I dont understand why Asrock is offering such a buggy and dangerous tool, i dont know if this values has been ever applied by the motherboard. I've deinstalled the tool and wont use it again.

But if it is the case, that this harmful values has been apllied,  they are playing with your pretty expensive cpus.

There are no warnings, if the tool is using damaging values, as you know from other vendors.

You need to scroll down every time check the whole chart, to verify that the tool hasn't set some wrong, dangerous  and damaging values by itself.

Best regards

bug1234

Edited by bug1234 - 22 Feb 2018 at 11:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic