ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(X370 Taichi) Front panel jack always on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (X370 Taichi) Front panel jack always on
    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:26pm
Hello guys, can someone with x370 taichi board please help me to test this.

1. unplug any audio device from front panel jack
2. Open realtek manager and see if the front panel green jack greyed out when that audio device is unplugged

In my case, it always shows me that the green front jack is being used even if I unplug my headphone. I'm not sure if it suppose to be like that or there is some problem with my board or my front jack.

Edited by JohnGilbert - 28 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 1:23am
Works as I'd expect for me.

The Green front panel output greys out / less colour saturation when I unplug it.

Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8125

I'd like to have independent front and rear jacks, and treat them as separate devices, but I dunno if this board/audio h/w allows that.  It's not what you are asking, so I'll not thread crap.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 1:54am
Originally posted by VUMeter VUMeter wrote:

Works as I'd expect for me.

The Green front panel output greys out / less colour saturation when I unplug it.

Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8125

I'd like to have independent front and rear jacks, and treat them as separate devices, but I dunno if this board/audio h/w allows that.? It's not what you are asking, so I'll not thread crap.

Alright. It seems the problem is on my front panel audio jack. Crap

EDIT: I managed to fix it with stapler pin, cheers

Yeah it's suck that realtek manager treat the headphone also as a speaker. But if you want to separate your headphone and speaker, you can do it by uninstall the realtek and use Microsoft default audio driver.
By the way, does the realtek impedance sensing also work from your front panel jack? Mine only sensing from rear jack, but I read in the official page, it should have front impedance sensing. Weird

Edited by JohnGilbert - 01 Mar 2018 at 2:52am
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 2:36am
I don't really know about the impedance sensing as I have no headphones.  I just used it as a Line out for testing.

I'm using a Fractal R5 case, the sockets are tights and the metal pushes into the platic quite a bit when I am inserting a jack.  It strings back though, must just be some soft plastic there or not the most robust clips.  This isn't a tank-like case, but adequate.

Interesting idea, I might give the MS audio drive a go...then again how much would I need to use them independently?  Doubtful.  I intend to buy either an Audient ID22 or RME BabyFace Pro USB audio interface at some point anyway, so they would handle any studio grade headphones.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:12am
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by VUMeter VUMeter wrote:

[URL=][/URL]I don't really know about the impedance sensing as I have no headphones.? I just used it as a Line out for testing.

I'm using a Fractal R5 case, the sockets are tights and the metal pushes into the platic quite a bit when I am inserting a jack.? It strings back though, must just be some soft plastic there or not the most robust clips.? This isn't a tank-like case, but adequate.

Interesting idea, I might give the MS audio drive a go...then again how much would I need to use them independently?? Doubtful.? I intend to buy either an Audient ID22 or RME BabyFace Pro USB audio interface at some point anyway, so they would handle any studio grade headphones.

You can also use your speaker jack, just plug in into front panel and see if your realtek manager showing impedance. If you're now plugged your audio into rear panel, there should be impedance slider in realtek.

Well, the onboard audio is supporting up to 600 ohm impedance. If the devices that you have mentioned not having xlr output (balanced) then it's not worth to buy it in my opinion.

Edited by JohnGilbert - 02 Mar 2018 at 6:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic