ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

1800x & x370 Taichi Freezing issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:55am
I have a beeper connected to my Taichi and it's working. Had to enable the option in boot menu to make it also beep during normal boot.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:54pm
I have the exact same issue.

What fixed it for me was reverting to an older BIOS (4.40) with an old AGESA 1.0.0.6b. However..

The problem now is that I am getting the 3700x, so I have to update... And I am getting the same problem all over again.

I bought this X370 just after the first Ryzen release, and there are probably some hardware issues on the earlier production models like mine.

I have tried everything mentioned above, in addition to different memory sticks and CPU's (both 1700X and 2700x).

If the MB is not the problem, it has to be my 960 PRO M.2 drive. I am not sure what to do, I bought Ryzen because of chipset support until 2020.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
I am not actually certain which AGESA BIOS 4.40 uses, but it works.
It is for the Taichi / Prof. Gaming.
Onox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Onox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 6:45pm
Hi. I still have the problem too, and the only thing that has solved it for me is the "Power Supply Idle Control" > "Typical Current Idle" option. However, this probably means that I can't upgrade past BIOS 5.10 since this is the last BIOS that has the option.

I also think that I have a defective board. I don't think it's the CPU because I already RMA'd it (segfault bug), but changing the Taichi would be too much of a hassle and I would have to pay for shipping it back, so if it works like this, I'm not sure it would be worth to replace it :/
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
What you can do on newer BIOS is disable C-states and disable Cool'n Quiet. I do not know what any of them do, but I am trying disabling them again now with 5.30.

I tried this back last time I had this problem, around 6 months ago, with no luck. I might have been using the 5.10 Bios at the time.

Thank you for the response Onox. It can take days until a crash for me, so I will post back if my system is stable.

EDIT: Do you think AsRock would allow an RMA? I am considering it too.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Zonked3 Zonked3 wrote:

EDIT: Do you think AsRock would allow an RMA? I am considering it too.

Solely depends on the country and the re-seller you are using but by all means you are free to try. My observations are that if you rant loud enough you can get their attention and get a RMA.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:06pm
No crashes so far, so at least quasi-stable (if that is the right word).

Strange, since I was certain I tried this previously, not on this Bios though.

So, Onox, disabling C-states and possibly Cool'n Quite could be enough if you wish to update.

Thanks!
Simonov-vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonov-vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 9:41pm
Thanks to all the people in this topic, I would not have found what the problem was myself, and was on the verge of buying a new 5900x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic