ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Dual HDMI capability
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Dual HDMI capability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozgul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Dual HDMI capability
    Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:01pm
Hi,

I'm considering the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac for my HTPC build.

It will be a 4K build utilizing the on-board graphics of the i5/i7, Intel HD graphics 530. I do own a 4K TV with HDMI 2.0 input, but no my AVR is only 1080p, with HDMI 1.4 input (so, no 4K capabilities).

My plan is to use extended or clone desktops, and send desktop1 tru HDMI 2.0 output of the MB in 4K to the TV, and send desktop2 tru HDMI 1.4 output of th MB to the AVR.

With this setup, I have some questions:
- will this work on sending two different screens to both of the HDMI outputs at the same time, with different resolutions?
- will it enable bitstreaming tru HDMI 1.4, like DTS HD-MA or Dolby TrueHD?
- will I be able to watch 3D movies on my TV (both the TV and the AVR are 3D capable)?
- any potential issues that I should consider?

I asked these directly to Asrock customer support but no answer so far for a week. I'll appreciate a lot if you can provide some answers.

Thank you!
brucie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 7:35pm
I registered just to say I was looking at the exact same combo for a (near) future proof HTPC system with 4K video and ability to play games too.

Shame no-one has responded to your original question. Did you go ahead with the parts and how did you get on?

Cheers!
ozgul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozgul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:32pm
Hi,

No, with no reply from ASRock support, I went ahead and bought Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 motherboard. I'm happy so far. I'm using a passive display port to HDMI converter to connect the display port to my HDMI 1.4a receiver and using extended/clone desktop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic