ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory problem AB350B gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0romis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory problem AB350B gaming K4
    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:59pm
Yesterday I updated the bios of my  AB350B  Fatal1ty  gaming K4 in the hope my ram would finally run at 3200Mhz, since it was added to the supported raven ridge list  QVL list. Just to be disappointed by boot loops and instant BSOD.  Do you have any tips mabye tweak some voltages?

My system runs on a ryzen 1700 with corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

thanks,
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:53pm
Clear CMOS and see if you still get BSODs and boot loops. Do not change any settings from defaults before booting. If the issues persist post back here, if not, redo your settings one at a time starting with XMP and see if any one particular setting is causing your problems.

Let us know how it goes.
Moba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:54am
Originally posted by 0romis 0romis wrote:

Yesterday I updated the bios of my  AB350B  Fatal1ty  gaming K4 in the hope my ram would finally run at 3200Mhz, since it was added to the supported raven ridge list  QVL list. Just to be disappointed by boot loops and instant BSOD.  Do you have any tips mabye tweak some voltages?

thanks,

There's two versions of this kit with the same SKU (one is Samsung, the other is Hynix). If you have a Hynix set, you might have to use 3066 or lower at default timings. My Hynix set runs fine at 3066 CL16 with the 1700. CL15 boots but will BSOD in Windows, while 3200 CL16 XMP refuses to boot until RAM training lowers the clock to default.

As I posted in another thread, I'm using an older BIOS based on AGESA 1.0.0.6b. If you don't have a new processor, there's no need to update beyond that.

Edited by Moba - 22 Mar 2018 at 2:07am
0romis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0romis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Clear CMOS and see if you still get BSODs and boot loops. Do not change any settings from defaults before booting. If the issues persist post back here, if not, redo your settings one at a time starting with XMP and see if any one particular setting is causing your problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Yesteday I cleared my CMOS and enabled XMP after but it just gave me a BSOD again.

Originally posted by Moba Moba wrote:

Originally posted by 0romis 0romis wrote:

thanks,

There's two versions of this kit with the same SKU (one is Samsung, the other is Hynix). If you have a Hynix set, you might have to use 3066 or lower at default timings. My Hynix set runs fine at 3066 CL16 with the 1700. CL15 boots but will BSOD in Windows, while 3200 CL16 XMP refuses to boot until RAM training lowers the clock to default.

As I posted in another thread, I'm using an older BIOS based on AGESA 1.0.0.6b. If you don't have a new processor, there's no need to update beyond that.

I think this is the problem  I guess I also have a Hynix set. Is there someway to check this?

Edited by 0romis - 28 Mar 2018 at 4:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic