ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A75M-HD+ 8 beeps error code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionutard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A75M-HD+ 8 beeps error code
    Posted: 04 May 2015 at 11:08pm
Hello,

I hope I'm posting in the right place.
So when I try to start my computer i hear 4 short beeps, short break then another 4 short beeps. Can anyone tell me what is this error? I am using a motherboard FM2A75M-HD+ with processor AMD A10-5800K. So i hear those beeps, the fans are working, but nothing is displayed on the monitor, not even the bios. If I try this 20-30 times, it eventually starts, but I would like to know what is wrong so I can sent the defective part back since they are all still in guarantee.
If anyone knows this code please let me know(4 short beeps, short break then another 4 short beeps).

Thank you,
Ionut
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:47am
The code is four beeps, that is repeated after a pause, so the code is just four beeps.

The technical explanation for that code is:

The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory

Since the PC eventually starts, I doubt the timer IC is the problem. What is the full model number of the memory you are using?

Did you try clearing the CMOS/BIOS, which might clear up this error?
ionutard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionutard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:51am
Hello,

Thank you very much for your help. The memory I am using has this code: KHX1600C9D3B1/4G
I have reset bios as you said, and i've updated it to the latest version and now the problem is gone. Do you know if the memory might be the problem?

Thank you again for your help,
Ionut

Edited by ionutard - 06 May 2015 at 2:30am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:07pm
If the CMOS/BIOS clear worked, and the problem has not returned, then everything should be fine.

I wanted to check your memory model for compatibility with the processor and board, but that was not the issue.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by ionutard ionutard wrote:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help. The memory I am using has this code: KHX1600C9D3B1/4G
I have reset bios as you said, and i've updated it to the latest version and now the problem is gone. Do you know if the memory might be the problem?

Thank you again for your help,
Ionut

The memory was likely what was causing the error code, given that a BIOS reset and update resolved it my guess is that it was set up incorrectly in the bios, likely something to do with the voltage or timings. You should be fine now Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic