ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not saving values

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not saving values
    Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:13am
So first,,board is a Fatlity 990fx/killer,have it paired up with a FXx6,,, 8 gigs Gskill,7970...W7 64bit
In windows performance index it says I have 8GB but 3.91GB available....um weres my 8GB of ram???
They are there in bios.
Second,in bios its not saving any O/Cing at all,no matter if I change FSB,mutli,auto O/C.
It saves in bios,but when i check it using software,and CPUz,its not O/Cing,it stays stock @3.3
I have has this up too 4.4 on another brands board'
Bios Vr 1.30 and 1.50
Other than that board runs smooth,,,but...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Rabiddog Rabiddog wrote:

So first,,board is a Fatlity 990fx/killer,have it paired up with a FXx6,,, 8 gigs Gskill,7970...W7 64bit
In windows performance index it says I have 8GB but 3.91GB available....um weres my 8GB of ram???
They are there in bios.
Second,in bios its not saving any O/Cing at all,no matter if I change FSB,mutli,auto O/C.
It saves in bios,but when i check it using software,and CPUz,its not O/Cing,it stays stock @3.3
Bios Vr 1.30 and 1.50

First, we really need to know what model of CPU you are using, a "FXx6" does not tell me much.

The memory missing issue appears to be a 32bit Windows situation, that can only use 4GB of memory. But you say you are using Win 7 64bit.

If you start Resource Monitor, from Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and click the Memory tab, you should see a display like this:

That might explain where the missing memory is.

Next your OC, which does not appear with CPU-Z, but the OC settings in the BIOS are saved in the BIOS although you said they were not saved in the thread title and in your post. Is that really correct?

Are you using the F-Stream utility for your board? Is it installed and possibly set to auto-run? If so, that may be resetting your OC in Windows when F-Stream runs when the PC boots.
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

They are there in bios.
Bios Vr 1.30 and 1.50

First, we really need to know what model of CPU you are using, a "FXx6" does not tell me much.

The memory missing issue appears to be a 32bit Windows situation, that can only use 4GB of memory. But you say you are using Win 7 64bit.

If you start Resource Monitor, from Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and click the Memory tab, you should see a display like this:

That might explain where the missing memory is.

Next your OC, which does not appear with CPU-Z, but the OC settings in the BIOS are saved in the BIOS although you said they were not saved in the thread title and in your post. Is that really correct?

Are you using the F-Stream utility for your board? Is it installed and possibly set to auto-run? If so, that may be resetting your OC in Windows when F-Stream runs when the PC boots.
Ok well a FXx6 is just that,they are all the same cept CPU speeds and watts..
Its a 6100@ 3.3 stock,but that dont matter at all,cause thats not the problem.
Memory says its 4205 hardware reserved???? 1GB in use 1.5 standby,1.2 free,,this is a first for me in 15 years building AMD gaming computers.
Fstream crashes too often..
Yes the values in BIOS saves,but takes no effect in windows,or prepost were it says FX 6100 @ 3.3[stock],and CPUz,I load a game and watch it,it dont go above the stock speeds.

Edited by Rabiddog - 14 Sep 2015 at 10:01pm
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:48am
I just did a full reinstall of W7 64 and fully updated all.
All latest drivers,newest bios 1.50.
Nothing has changed.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:25pm

Memory says its 4205 hardware reserved???? 1GB in use 1.5 standby,1.2 free,,this is a first for me in 15 years building AMD gaming computers.
Yes the values in BIOS saves,but takes no effect in windows,or prepost were it says FX 6100 @ 3.3[stock],and CPUz,I load a game and watch it,it dont go above the stock speeds.

I asked about the CPU to check the Watts, that is the main reason.

IMO, CPU-Z is wrong. Is that a new version? You need another opinion on your CPU speed besides CPU-Z. Such as HWiNFO, HWMonitor, anything besides CPU-Z.

If CPU-Z is the only thing you're going by to check your OC, I would try something else to confirm it.

If in the BIOS, on the Main and OC Tweaker screens, the CPU speed should be shown at the top of the screen. If it matches your OC, then it should be the same in Windows.

Unless you have some weird settings in the Windows Power Plan.

Do you have the memory in the black memory slots? You have 8GB, is that two 4GB sticks or one 8GB stick?
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I asked about the CPU to check the Watts, that is the main reason.

IMO, CPU-Z is wrong. Is that a new version? You need another opinion on your CPU speed besides CPU-Z. Such as HWiNFO, HWMonitor, anything besides CPU-Z.

If CPU-Z is the only thing you're going by to check your OC, I would try something else to confirm it.

If in the BIOS, on the Main and OC Tweaker screens, the CPU speed should be shown at the top of the screen. If it matches your OC, then it should be the same in Windows.

Unless you have some weird settings in the Windows Power Plan.

Do you have the memory in the black memory slots? You have 8GB, is that two 4GB sticks or one 8GB stick?
Well as of now,the board is dead.It just stopped posting,nothing,Fires up fans real good,but thats it..RMAd 4 a new 1 will be here Monday...
Watts are what the should have been.
Even in the main screen were it shows speeds,they stayed stock.
Ram 4 2 gig sticks,all seen by mobo,all on approved ram list Gskill.
This is my first Asrock board,15 years building,I thought I was missing something as all boards are the same but not.
Sooo we shall see in  3 days time if the same problem persists.
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 3:24am
So after waitng  for the dam board,It came today.
Installed all,flipped the switch,got the same results,minus the O/C values this time they saved,all good..
But usable changed to a higher value,too 6k reserved,,after playing with my ram, in diifernt slots,these 2 here,those 2 there,..I got it all too see duel channel 8 gigs,106mb reserve,7.89 usable..
So im not sure what went on with the other board.but all good now..
Ty 4 the time.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic