ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Processor/Memory OC Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Processor/Memory OC Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberterrific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Processor/Memory OC Question
    Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:08am
I have a I-5 2500k Intel Processor in a Asrock  Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard running WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit.  I have stable OC running at 4.2mhz.  In Bios Version 2.09, should I choose OC b "per core" or "all cores"??  My PC shows that not all cores are at 4.2mhz.....  Is there anything in the bios I should definitely turn off??  I also bought 2/8gb Corsair Evtreme Pro DDR3-2400 RAM Memory for my Asrock Extreme 4 MB.  The manual says it can use up to DDR3 2800.  The bios however only gives me the option for up to 2133.  Any Ideas???
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:48am
Use the All Cores option, which has one core multiplier setting. Set that to 42.

If you use the Per Core option, you must set each core multiplier to 42 manually.

You must have Turbo enabled for any OC to work. Nothing needs to be disabled.

About your memory, did you try to enable the XMP option?

Does your BIOS have a DRAM Reference Clock option? Setting that to 100MHz or Auto should give you more frequency choices.

I assume you are using BIOS 2.90, not 2.09, right? Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic