ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS 4.70 update and video card display issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealAntithesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS 4.70 update and video card display issue
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:06am
I have 2 video cards - one in the topmost x16 slot closest to the CPU, and the other connected to the bottom x16 slot (but from an external enclosure connected to a x1 riser card - there was no space to fit another double-slot card here).

Since I updated the BIOS to 4.70 from 3.40, my video card in the topmost slot doesn't display anything on the monitor until Windows loads up (i.e. misses the BIOS screen completely and remains blank even when entering the BIOS after pressing DEL). Instead, it only displays from the video card in the bottom slot, which I don't want to connect to a monitor (because the x1 riser card reduces performance significantly, and also, as it turns out, increases DPC Latency significantly too).

Can we get the motherboard to recognise the video card which is connected to a monitor at boot regardless of which slot it is in? Is this a recognised issue? The behaviour seems to have changed in the later BIOS revisions.

Specs:
Ryzen 1700X, ASRock AM4 B350M Pro4, 2x16GB DDR4, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti (I know SLI isn't supported - the 2nd card was for another purpose), Windows 10.

Edited by RealAntithesis - 14 Apr 2018 at 11:08am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:57pm
Disconnect the second card, clear CMOS and boot the system with only the GPU you want display on. Once that is done, power off then connect the second GPU again. The primary GPU should remain active. 

Edited by Xaltar - 14 Apr 2018 at 5:57pm
numlock66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numlock66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:21am
I am having the same issue, radeon rx480, when under display port black screen until windows, when i use hdmi boots ok. fix this please!

x370 taichi, bios 4.40.

Edited by numlock66 - 15 May 2018 at 9:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic