ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 gaming K4 - BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSpooks13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 gaming K4 - BIOS
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:55pm
I currently have the BIOS Version 1.3 and I'm trying to update it. It says I need to update to the Version 3.0 in DOS mode and I have formatted my thumb drive and loaded the BIOS onto it. But, when I try do step 4 it has me looking in the C: drive (my SSD and only other drive) when I need to be in the E: drive (my thumb drive). So I type E: in the directory and it tells me that it is an invalid drive. If anyone has any idea why it says my thumb drive is invalid and how to fix it please comment.

This is the guide I am following -
http://asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=DOS8
DrSpooks13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSpooks13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:59pm
Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum section
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:44pm
The files available are for use from Windows or Instant Flash you don't need to make the USB stick bootable just make sure it is formatted to FAT file system.

Step by step:

Place BIOS 3.4 on the USB stick along with BIOS 4.7.
Restart, enter the BIOS (referred to as the UEFI now)
Find the option for Instant Flash in the UEFI and enter it
Select your USB drive and select the 3.4 firmware file (you MUST flash this firmware first!!)
Once the update is complete the system will restart automatically
Now enter the UEFI again and head back to Instant Flash, select firmware 4.7
After the update and restart you are done
ErmaHuitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErmaHuitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:21pm
Gaming and al fund are placed for the turns for the sorts. The option of the best law essay writing service is invoked for the suggestions. The path is fit for the reforms for the approval of the trials. The gaming is fit for the trials for all issues for humans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic