ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No sound from onboard card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesy281 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No sound from onboard card
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:54pm
Hi There,

I have a system with an fm2a88x extreme4+ board with no sound available on either the onboard ports or the front ports connected to the HDAUDIO header. I am running the Windows 10 pro with all the latest drivers. I can see the ports within windows and it reports when a device is plugged in or not. I confirmed to make sure all the channels were at full volume but when I connect speakers or head phones there is no audio. I tried removing the HD audio cable and made sure it was seated properly.  one odd thing I noticed when viewing the speakers in playback devices is when I plug in headphones or a speaker to the front channel the device constantly appears to go off and online.

Is there a diag toll I can run to ensure the audio chip on the board is working OK? or perhaps some known issue with this model I am missing?

Cheers,
Jamesy
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
I would start by completely removing the HD audio driver and starting with just the basic Microsoft driver, if that works download the latest HD audio drivers (I'm going to assume its a Realtek solution) directly from Realteks site here; CLICKY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic