ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 2 is here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 2 is here!
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:14pm

Steve the benchmark junkie on point as always Big smile

It looks like there will be reason enough to upgrade to a 400 series board for those pushing for higher RAM clocks. True to my suspicions it would seem that at least some of the issues with the 300 series boards may have come from the chipsets themselves, not bad design or mistakes so much as being a fledgling platform to be learned from. It is great to see AMD have taken notes and made some rather impressive improvements to the X470 chipset over the X370.  

Things are getting interesting again, with a stable Ryzen platform and now 5 - 10% faster Gen .... 1.5? CPUs available we are seeing very similar advancement to intel's usual offerings and on a very promising platform. Let the competition commence! Clap

Things will only get better from here.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:25pm
Solid work from AMD (and Steve). As could be expected, it's not enough to justify upgrading from similar 1st gen Ryzens, but it's great news for those that were waiting for Zen+ or for those that would like to upgrade to a higher core count Ryzen CPU. I'm just hoping motherboard manufacturers do not get lazy with their new mATX boards, as there's clearly more room for improvement than with the X370 flagships (which apparently have been improved upon).

Btw, Steve published a review on the 2600 an hour ago. I guess I know how I'll spend the next 20 minutes. :D
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:44pm
Yeah, I love Steve's videos. He does a great job with the benchmarks and doesn't come off as a know it all. Probably my favorite tech channel, HUB and Tech YES City. Funny how they are both Ausies, but that isn't why I like the channels though. 

We seem to be getting some conflicting info still with Ryzen+ but hopefully it will all become clear soon. Some reviews are claiming the better RAM speeds are coming from the IMC on Ryzen+ while others, like Steve believe it is the more mature 400 series platform and UEFI. I am still digging :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic