ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blueray drive for VisionX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godawser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blueray drive for VisionX
    Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 2:50pm
Hello

I recently bought a ASROCK VisionX 421D - 8G128S1T88/B, which I am very pleased with. I discovered though that the internal drive is a DVD drive. I was hoping for a Bluray drive. None of my suppliers can supply me with an internal bluray drive. Can you you point me at a make and model that with fit internally ?

Thank you in advance

Michael.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 5:37pm
I would imagine you will need to find a slot loading SATA III laptop Bluray drive. So far as I am aware the specifications and dimensions are standardized so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. If in doubt you can always remove the DVD drive it came with and take it with you to a store for reference or compare the dimensions and connections online.
Godawser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godawser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 7:48pm
Thank you, I agree. I believe the challenge is the placement and nature of the eject button, which is why I am having a hard time to find a suitable drive.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic