ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97 Extreme9 Raid issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thymeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:26pm
The NTFS signature problem seems to be caused by the Windows Hibernation file. 

The Windows ssd couldn't be mounted either because of that file.  I'm not a huge fan of hibernation for my PC uses anyway so deleting the file and turning off hibernation aren't an issue for me.  Just turning off hibernation in the Control panel doesn't remove the file. 

http://tekeye.biz/2014/hiberfil-sys-windows-8-1-delete  gives instructions on how to do this.  In linux, I no longer have the NTFS signature error, but my mounting of the raid is still problematic.  still more to do. 

thymeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thymeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:09am
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/what%27s-the-problem-of-linux-mint-installation-on-raid1-4175540930/#post5354427  casts some doubt on my being successful.   A dedicated hardware RAID card might be a better solution at this time. 
thymeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thymeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:24am
Linux is aware of the raid, dmraid sees it. It is listed in /dev/mapper/.  But mounting  can't see it to mount it. There are various sites discussing similar issues and I've tried a number of suggestions without success. Some distributions are alleged to be better at this than others but those tend to be the more minimalist distros like Knoppix which  is not well suited to my purposes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic