ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Boot Menu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Aurumvorax Aurumvorax wrote:

By the way: the whole process of finding a solution to this problem got my BIOS settings deleted multiple times. I used to have my CPU run at 3.7Ghz, but can't remember the tweaks aside from voltage. Anyone knows a good overclocking guide for the X370 Gaming K4?

I've found the BIOS screenshot feature a time saver when flashing a new BIOS. Just enter BIOS, plug a USB thumb drive in, walk through your settings and press F12 to screenshot each one you want to keep an image of.

As far as a guide goes, I generally start with known safe high voltages for CPU, SOC and RAM and work backwards step by step from there, testing each change with your choice of PC stressing tool and watching the temperatures with your choice of monitoring tool.

I currently have my 1700 running @ 3.8GHz with a P-State overclock, 1.225V (BIOS) and CPU LLC at Level 3.

I've also managed to get my RAM up to 3466 @ CL14 with my DRAM voltage at 1.375V (BIOS) and SOC voltage at 1.075V (BIOS) with SOC LLC at Level 3.

Aurumvorax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:55pm
Thank you all for you help.

The guide from Tech Yes City was excellent, though I think it is somewhat outdated.
The channel is interesting nevertheless, great host and easy to follow tech guides.

The settings you post make me envious. :-D
I got my 1700 now stable at 3.7GHz @ 1.29 Volt. Fixed voltage, both LLCs at Level 2.
Anything I miss? Or did I really not have had any luck at silicone lottery?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm

The guide from Tech Yes City was excellent, though I think it is somewhat outdated.
The channel is interesting nevertheless, great host and easy to follow tech guides.

I got my 1700 now stable at 3.7GHz @ 1.29 Volt. Fixed voltage, both LLCs at Level 2.

did you try 3.9 at 1.35 volts ?
it should hold that stable enough, then you can gently work the volts down, i tend to run the soc at 1.05 volts now just to help stabilise the entire system (at first we were advised to use 1.2 but it seems not needed so high)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

it should hold that stable enough, then you can gently work the volts down, i tend to run the soc at 1.05 volts now just to help stabilise the entire system (at first we were advised to use 1.2 but it seems not needed so high)

So raising the soc indeed seems helping to stabilize the system. Now I can raise the clock to 3.725GHz at the same voltage.
This seems to be the ceiling however. Tried 3.8Ghz at 1.9V, crashed. Raised the voltage step by step to 1.33V, still crashing at 3.8GHz.
Well ....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:36pm

So raising the soc indeed seems helping to stabilize the system. Now I can raise the clock to 3.725GHz at the same voltage.
This seems to be the ceiling however. Tried 3.8Ghz at 1.9V, crashed. Raised the voltage step by step to 1.33V, still crashing at 3.8GHz.
Well ....

Update:
Naa, can't get the 3.725GHs stable at 1.3V or below. Back to 3.7GHz.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 12:00am
i dont tend to start low and raise volts i tend to start high and then try LOWERING volts
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 12:57am

i dont tend to start low and raise volts i tend to start high and then try LOWERING volts

That's a legit approach. I want to keep my system as cool as possible and like to find a good performance/temps ratio. I will order a different CPU cooler soon, maybe then I'll try anew.
Charland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 5:27am
Thanks everyone, this solved my boot menu issue as well. I didn't even know I had one until trying to sort out a gpu problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic