ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 110/310 + Noctua L9i ==> bendability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforumuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 110/310 + Noctua L9i ==> bendability
    Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:26pm
I am a very happy owner of a DeskMini 110. I run it maxed out with a i7-7700T, Noctua L9i, 32GB Ram and 1TB M2 SSD. It is completely silent, powerful and simply awesome. I was waiting for the update, the 310, however early incoming reports are mixed.

For example, this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDnXeeHtM-E reports (at about minute 3:40+) that the new 310 still has the same problem as the 110 had with the Noctua cooler, if you tighten the cooler too much you destroy the mainboard.

I can confirm this from my own 110 experience, the Noctua L9i is THE alternative to the Intel stock cooler if one wants a silent system, however tightening the cooler screws the mainboard is dangerously bent.

:-(

I wanted another 310 as soon as its available, that I can carry around in my backpack, but if this mainboard bending problem still exists I'm obviously hesitant, because the mechanical carrying around stress on the 310 in a backpack will sooner or later break it.

Dear Asrock, will you do something about this? The model is just starting to enter the market, the time to fix things is now. Perhaps you and Noctua can work together to make the Noctua L9i an official recommended option and one of you provides a solution for improved stiffness?
This would be awesome....

Thank you!

PS: And looking forward to an AMD based model, too :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic