ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - XMP Profile causes M.2 SSD to not be in boot list
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

XMP Profile causes M.2 SSD to not be in boot list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmade94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XMP Profile causes M.2 SSD to not be in boot list
    Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 2:40am
Every time I try to set XMP profile to bring my RAM to its rated 2666 MHz speed it causes my M.2 SSD to leave the boot list. The SSD is still visible under under Storage Configuration. I have to reset CMOS to get my system to boot again because it won't boot even after setting to default. When i set it to default after trying XMP the SSD does show up in boot list, but still won't boot. I have double checked the timings XMP is setting but I'm not 100% sure I am checking the right things.

Motherboard: X370 Killer SLI/AC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Graphics: XFX Radeon RX 580 Black Edition GTS 8GB GDDR5
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB 2666MHz 16-18-18-35
SSD: Plextor 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Edited by mattmade94 - 01 Jul 2018 at 3:11am
mattmade94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmade94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:07am
I have solved this myself. I set the XMP profile and system did not boot as normal. Then I unplugged the SSD, rebooted the system, and re-plugged in the SSD. The system booted to windows after that. It seems to be stable, because I have run several benchmarks and Cinebench without any problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic