ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 990FX Fatal1ty/killer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigdogmean1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Rabiddog Rabiddog wrote:

Originally posted by bigdogmean1 bigdogmean1 wrote:

nice rig dude. will it support the latest 8 core cpu ? I am also a gamer and have had problems with intel stuff myself. I do run with amd now and am very happy with there products, let me know what you think...
TY
The newest no.The newest CPUs, FX 8core are 220watts.
But,,it does support the 8370 and 8350 which are 8core,they are 125 watts,and will run any game just fine,paired up with the right gear and run @ 4.0ghz,with I bet plenty of head room for a O/C.
Start with this board here, in my mind, a perfect start to a great rig.
I bought the board off of newegg and paired it up with 8370 and 16 gig of ram with a R9380 graphics card . now I'm just waiting for it to show up. I was reading about heat issues about this. Did you have any of these problems too ?
Mr "T"
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Rabiddog Rabiddog wrote:

nice rig dude. will it support the latest 8 core cpu ? I am also a gamer and have had problems with intel stuff myself. I do run with amd now and am very happy with there products, let me know what you think...
TY
The newest no.The newest CPUs, FX 8core are 220watts.
But,,it does support the 8370 and 8350 which are 8core,they are 125 watts,and will run any game just fine,paired up with the right gear and run @ 4.0ghz,with I bet plenty of head room for a O/C.
Start with this board here, in my mind, a perfect start to a great rig.
I bought the board off of newegg and paired it up with 8370 and 16 gig of ram with a R9380 graphics card . now I'm just waiting for it to show up. I was reading about heat issues about this. Did you have any of these problems too ?
Love newegg..Looks like your going to have a good time..thats a nice gaming rig..Wish I could afford a new,well anything,but I so want a FX8 core and a better card,had this Xfx 7950 since new 3 years ago this Board the newest piece and thats over a year old..but it is what it is.
HEAT issues, I read such reviews on heat also,people saying the South bridge is melting the board,and is burning fingers..And as you read on,they have 0 fans.
Any board is going to get hot,if you game,its going to get real hot.My case has 4 fans,1 in the front[HDS],1 on the side[mobo ,graphics,ram, SB],2 on top,yea it gets warm after a good game session you can feel the heat,but if you have a good case,with a couple of fans in the right spots,you will have no problems.
You will be pleased.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic