ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock 970M Pro 3. Best mATX for AM3+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:16pm
AMD Overdrive is not a very good stress test in the sense that it doesn't push your system very hard. Compared to Prime95, my CPU is running ~8C cooler (43C) and my socket is ~12C (56C) cooler when running all stability tests AMDOD has (as well as writing this post). And this is with all fans spinning at full rpm all the time, regardless of the temps. Based on your temps at stock speeds and stock voltages, I'd say your system is not 100% stable under heavy loads when using the OC settings you mentioned. But if AMDOD stable is good enough for your everyday use, then who am I to argue.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the temps, now it makes sense. It seemed a bit odd that your CPU would be at 52C when undervolting, so I wasn't sure if that statement really was connected to the undervolting or if it was a general statement concerning all of your testing. Regarding undervolting, the same comment applies as above: If you're using AMDOD for stability testing, then your system can still be unstable under heavy use. Whether or not that matters depends on what you do with your PC.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic