ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

HDCP 2.2 broken by BIOS update to 2.50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duggyhow6010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HDCP 2.2 broken by BIOS update to 2.50
    Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 7:08am
[URL=][/URL]Hi, after doing a BIOS update to 2.50, HDCP 2.2 is broken and I can?�t play a 4K Blu-ray anymore. The only reason I updated the Bios is cause SGX was messed up from a Windows update. So, in efforts to fix this I upgraded the Bios causing SGX to not be available.   So, I downgraded the Windows build to the 1709 and then SGX and ME started working again with Power DVD Cyberlink Advisor. I am using an Asrock Z220 Fatal1ty gaming itx/ac board. Please help. Asrock has said that their BIOS doesn?�t have this problem anymore, but I read about someone else having the same problem after a Bios update and then asrock released a more recent update and it fixed it for him. I updated the Intel display drivers to the latest and I also did the HDCP 2.2 key on the asrock site for my board. Gonna try updating ME drivers to the latest next and see. Hmmm..
Update: I was able to fix this issue by downgrading the BIOS and resetting the CMOS. Hope this helps someone. God bless.

Edited by Duggyhow6010 - 01 Sep 2018 at 12:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic