ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mounting AB350 Pro 4 into NZXT H500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounting AB350 Pro 4 into NZXT H500
    Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 9:05pm
Hi there!

I'm mounting the motherboard into the NZXT H500 case and noticed it's not the full atx size (falls short of last row of pegs)

The centre standoff sits snugly in a screw hole and the other 6 screws fit fine no issue, but I was reading somewhere that you can short the mobo if you dont mount properly and this is my first build in well over 5 years so I'm a little rusty! 

Anyway see the pics below 

zakman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 9:10pm
Furthermore, would just like to add when screwed in only 5 screws fit around the mobo as the 6th is just for a micro atx in this case, however when stood up the mobo feels solid. Should I remove the other standoffs that arent being used or should i leave them there?

Edited by zakman - 25 Aug 2018 at 9:15pm
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 10:01pm
That's what I'd do - get rid of all standoffs on the NZXT; mount the mobo with all possible screws; put plastic standoffs where NZXT has holes but mobo doesn't; enjoy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic