ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bluetooth no function
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bluetooth no function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcM127qP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Bluetooth no function
    Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:11pm
Hello, my Bluetooth devices not working under win10. 
When using BT mouse and BT headsets at the same time, Headphones stop playing after a while. 
Also mouse start disconnect/reconnects loop.
So, what is the problem?

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 3:14pm
Dear fcM127qP,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

There are some suggestions for verifying:

1. Please refer to the user manual to clear CMOS. (page 28)

2. Please re-install the Bluetooth driver.

3. Please install the device to different USB ports to verify.

4. If possible, please change another Bluetooth device for verifying.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 6:25pm
i doubt clearing cmos will help, i use intel BT too (its on that small m.2 wifi card)
1) bluetooth has low bandwidth to begin with
2) its using 2.4GHz which can interfere with wifi if u live in crowded area with bunch of wifi hotspot around which will degrade it by alot
3)if u have enabled 2.4GHz wifi, your antena wont keep up, and having bigger antena wont really help you, because intel didnt design in to be used with high gain antennas (intel manuals)

i have 2.4GHz disabled, BT mouse is working fine, BT speaker are working fine (in pcm stereo/dts/dolby), but i cant use BT microphone (built in on headset), once i use it as default microphone, my mice gets in slowpoke mode

i also did try doing same on my android phone, same result :)
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 6:44pm
Quote The official Bluetooth specifications state seven is the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be connected at once. However, three to four devices is a practical limit, depending on the types of devices and profiles are used. Some devices require more Bluetooth data, so they are more demanding than other devices. Data-intensive devices may reduce the total number of devices that can be active at the same time. If a Bluetooth device becomes slow to connect or does not perform reliably, reduce the total number of connected devices.
Can you use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios simultaneously (can they coexist)?

Yes, it is possible to use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi simultaneously on Intel Wireless Adapters even they both operate on the same frequency band (2.4 GHz).

We recommend using 5 GHz for Wi-Fi when possible, even if you are not using Bluetooth. It prevents potential interference between your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections, and the 5 GHz band is typically less congested than the 2.4 GHz band for Wi-Fi.

sources apple/intel

anyway, if u really must have both mice and headset working properly (cheapest way possible):

connect your BT mouse with PC, connect your BT headset with mobile phone, connect your phone to your PC with USB cable. now just open google and search for "how to use phone as a speakers" so u can choose from some apps out there

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 6:53pm
you could try updating the drivers
the asrock drivers are very outdated
google intel driver assistant

it will scan and download latest driver for you
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
harleypan86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote harleypan86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:51am
Having the same issue here. Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac + Ryzen 7 1700x on Windows 10. Everything working fine for over a year, then suddenly Windows can't find Bluetooth and USB devices. Logitech USB Unifying receiver not working. Bluetooth doesn't show in Device Manager at all (WTH?)
Very very strange. Flushed CMOS. No luck. Uninstalled and installed Intel bluetooth and USB drivers, no luck.

Used Driver Booster to scan for newest drivers for everything and installed. no luck.

Used Driver Booster to uninstall AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller driver, BINGO! System suddenly activated Bluetooth and USB. Keyboard and mouse now works. Reboot the OS and then Bluetooth shows in Device Manager.

Took me 5 hours. shaking my head.
Esther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:46pm
Your instructions worked like a charm.
Uninstalled the AMD USB 3.1. Now Bluetooth is working!

Thank you.
albertosanchezm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertosanchezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 1:15am
Hi all!

having the same issue, but removing the AMD Extenstible USB 3.1 (Microsoft) does not works (also makes my keyboard stop working). Any other idea?

Thanks in advanced.
marsovac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marsovac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by harleypan86 harleypan86 wrote:

Used Driver Booster to uninstall AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller driver, BINGO! System suddenly activated Bluetooth and USB. Keyboard and mouse now works. Reboot the OS and then Bluetooth shows in Device Manager.

Took me 5 hours. shaking my head.

Originally posted by Esther Esther wrote:

Your instructions worked like a charm.
Uninstalled the AMD USB 3.1. Now Bluetooth is working!

Thank you.

This works because uninstalling the USB controller removes power to the Bluetooth adapter. And since windows reinstalls the UBS controller again it start working like you hard reset the Bluetooth.

Uninstalling Bluetooth drivers does not remove power to the Bluetooth since it is given by the USB controller.

Reset the PC does not work as well since it does not remove power to anything in the PC, just restarts the CPU.

A simpler fix was to turn off your computer and unplug it from the power source (since bluetooth has power even in standby).

Basically you simulated a way to remove power to the Bluetooth adapter without turning off the PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic