ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3 beeps without ram, no beeps and no post with ram
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 beeps without ram, no beeps and no post with ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erigert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 beeps without ram, no beeps and no post with ram
    Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 9:36pm
Hi everybody.
I have bought a new mobo (AsRock 970M Pro3).
After putting the parts together tried to turn it on but no beeps and no post at all.
Have removed everything (Left only the Cpu AMD FX8350 4.0GHz).
It beeps 3 times continuously. When I've putted the memory (Ram Ddr3 Patriot Viper 3 Red Venom 1x8Gb 1600 MHz) it wasn't beep at all and no post, no signal to the monitor. All the parts are in good condition have worked before (Ram too). I have tried another stick of Ram in all 4 slots but same thing.

My specs:
Mobo, AsRock 970M Pro3.
Cpu, AMD FX8350 @ 4.00GHz.
Ram, Patriot Viper 3 Red Venom 1600MHz 1x8Gb.
Gpu, ATI Radeon R9 280X Sapphire Dual-X 3.0Gb Oc Edition.
Psu, Chieftech 750Watt Bronze Edition.
1-st Drive, Ssd Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb.
2-nd Drive, WD EZEX Blue 1Tb.
3-rd Drive, Samsung KJ321 320Gb.

Please Help.

Edited by Erigert - 06 Oct 2015 at 10:25pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 11:45pm
Sorry but must check, do you have the 4 or 8 pin CPU power cable connected to the board? It is the 8PIN EPS (4+4) cable. The connector on the board is in the upper left corner of the board, near the connectors for the IO panel. That power cable must be connected or the CPU won't work.

If you do have that cable connected, please check that the cable is NOT a power cable for a video card. They look similar but the +12V and ground/earth connections are reversed, so won't work correctly.

There are very few 8GB models of memory that are compatible with your board. But it seems the memory may be compatible with your board.

When you move the memory to different slots, you must clear the CMOS/BIOS every time or the memory may not be detected correctly.

When using one stick of memory, it should be put in the B2 or A2 slots.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:08am
If you have got all the power connectors correctly hooked up then you may want to remove the CPU and check for bent pins. The memory controller is built in to the CPU so if 1 or more pins are bent it can easily result in the symptoms you describe. You stated that all the parts were known working prior to the new board which means the CPU came from another system/board? I have often found that AMD CPUs are irritatingly easy to bend pins on, especially when swapping them from one system to another. Usually with some patience and careful adjustment it is possible to straighten them. 

As you are getting the no memory beeps when you have no RAM in the system that rules out silly things like the clear CMOS jumper being in the wrong place or the reset header being shorted. Also be sure that you do not have anything under the motherboard that could be shorting out the circuits like misplaced standoffs or loose screws.
Erigert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erigert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:42am
I will try another cpu tomorrow. Hope to update the bios and try again the FX8350.
Erigert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erigert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 2:05am
The jumper was missing from mobo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic