ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Pro3, Pro4 PCIE2 port doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYUUHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 11:05am
Tried cleaning the contacts and pre-installing the driver. still nothing.

As you know, then the PC is turned on, there is not signal. However, I know it is still loading to windows because i can hear it starting up through the speakers.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 11:26am
I'm sorry but that was the last suggestion I had. With no way to test if the 280x is actually functional we can't know for sure where the problem is coming from.

If no GPU was working in the system I would suggest reseating the CPU as the PCIE lanes are built into it but the 570 works so....
GYUUHH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYUUHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:27pm
So I was able to try it on an older system but it still did not work. Fans spun but no video. It also did not have onboard video so I couldnt check if it was being detected.

Again the PC was rather old and it probably needed a BIOS update but I did not want to compromise the stability of someone elses PC just to test this.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:16am
At this point I would say the 280x is probably a dud Cry

I hope you are able to return it.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:00pm
Dear all, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We have read all the replys, and decide to do the test for this issue.
We tested using i5-2500(Sandy Bridge) and R9-270X(Gen3 card) with BIOS P1.80. 
The graphic card can run properly with above config, please refer the picture as below:

Noted that the card is running at x16 speed, which mean it is installed in PCIE2 slot. 
Therefore, it seems like not a compatible issue between this board and the graphics card.

For users who meet this issue, we provide some suggestions for try:
1. Since the PCIE resource is from CPU, please reinstall the CPU then check whether there?�s any bent or broken pins in CPU socket.
2. Unplug the power cable to do the clear CMOS settings.
3. If possible, please use another CPU or Gen3-graphics card to verify. 
4. If the problem still, please replace the motherboard or the graphics card to verify.  

Thank you for your patience.

Kindest Regards,

ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 01 Jul 2015 at 10:42am
Steiner06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steiner06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 5:10pm
I tested and checked everything to get my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  working on the Z77 Pro4 but no chance. The card is only detected on PCIE3 but not in the proper PCIE2 X16 Slot.. 

I wrote an email to the support center from asrock but the answer was exact the same as here.

Is it possible that you guys can check this combination to?

My CPU: i5-2500k
PSU: Corsair CX750M
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (newest VBIOS)
MB: Asrock z77 Pro 4 (1.80)
GYUUHH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYUUHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 2:59am
Card was RMA's and replaced with a brand new R9 390x.  Installed and booted up without a hitch. All is well!

I'll take that trade any day =)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:25am
That's great news GYUUHH, enjoy your new GPU Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic