ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Please help] X399 TaiChi BIOS problem? Ryzen Mast
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Please help] X399 TaiChi BIOS problem? Ryzen Mast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiyeroleung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Please help] X399 TaiChi BIOS problem? Ryzen Mast
    Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
Hi all i recently change to Asrock x399 Taichi for my TR1900x but encounter some problems, spent a lot of time but no use, please help!

1.Wrong temp sensor lead to unnecessary CPU underclock?
I notice the cpu temp shown in BIOS is wrong, it say 7x-8x degree when I turn on my PC, but actually it is just around 3x - 40 C (shown in Ryzen master and HW Monitor.) 
During prime95, CPU will underclock and I guess this is due to the thermal protection because BIOS think cpu is over heat >100C (rmb even 3x degree BIOS though is 7x degree)
It leads to a problem that I cannot load heavy program at full speed.

2. Ryzen Master cannot control the voltage and clock rate
Becasue my water cooling AIO is not very good, I like to de-voltage the CPU at around 1.25V to run at base@3.8GHz to lower the temp. Everytime when I want to apply the setting, ryzen master request me to restart my PC, after restarting nothing is changed and if I apply the setting again Im requested to restart my PC, like a loop but nothing works.
(PS: I reset and flash the BIOS, ryzen works. But after a day it doesnt work again. I dont want to infinitely reflash bios every day.....)

Anyone have similar problem? how to solve it? thanks
so much
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic