ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My ASrock 990fx extreme 4 set up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tag75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My ASrock 990fx extreme 4 set up
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:27pm
hi new to this but I will give it a go (hope to win lol) anyway I got the asrock extreme 4 990fx ebuyer could not wait to get it but when I did it did not fit in my zalaman case as the heat sink on the mother board for the V8 + 2 Power Phase was pretty big so I had to cut the case up to fit it in around the water cooler as the water cooler could not fit anywhere else on the case but I broke my case so I had to buy a bigger case the nzxt h440 which it fitted it in but getting back to the MB its great ,The innovative features include the ASRock signature XFast USB , good feature . loads of fan pin headers (can never have enough) good over clocking , great bios settings 2 x usb 3 , 4 x usb 2 at the back , great for crossfire and nice lights on the on off MB switch (on/off and reset buttons) .this board features Premium Gold Caps, advanced V8 + 2 Power Phase Design and multi-GPU options. ASRock AMD 9 series mainboards also allow users to easily unleash their system's hidden USB performance with ASRock's innovative XFast USB Technology. Designed for the next generation computing, this board supports AM3+ socket and is compatible of 8-Core series processors . Do you desire to make SLI technology running on AMD motherboard l, ASRock 990FX Extreme4 allows users to take advantages of both CrossFireX and SLI technologies , 3 pci express slots cater for multi-GPU settings, manageable smart switches and Dr. Debug, offering flexible options which will appeal to DIY users. Beside its onboard equipments, this board also features superior software tools such as mouse-controllable Graphical UEFI over all a great MB .

MOST IMPORTENT THING I LEFT OUT
-----------------------------------------
MY heat sink on the mother board broke I got in contact with asrock and they sent me  a new one for free

CPU = FX8350
RAM = 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GPU = R9 290 CF
MB = ASROCK EXTREME 4
SSD = 1xOCZ 120 GB
HD = 2x500GB WD
HD = 1x1TG WD

Edited by tag75 - 16 Oct 2015 at 3:05am
treat people the way you want to be treated
Phenomiinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Phenomiinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:01pm
Nice tidy looking build you have there, good luck with the competition :)
ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:49pm
I used to own this board - love it!

Nice setup for the Witcher 3. Wink
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
tag75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tag75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Phenomiinal Phenomiinal wrote:

Nice tidy looking build you have there, good luck with the competition :)

thanks mate , the case is good 4 hiding bits
tag75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tag75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by ASRock Expert ASRock Expert wrote:

I used to own this board - love it!

Nice setup for the Witcher 3. Wink
thanks as well and yep witcher 3 runs good , good game Smile
Piddeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piddeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 9:57pm
Nice PC! 

What kind of PSU are you using to feed your GPU's? 

Really kind of Asrock to send you a new heatsink for free :)
My PC. http://i.imgur.com/x6wZmmz.png
tag75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tag75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:24am
asrock are good for sending me that and I am using corsair rm series 850 watt gold, and thanks mate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic