ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 loosing internet connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketonal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 loosing internet connection
    Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:34pm
Hi Guys

I want to ask you if you're also experiencing the issue I'm experiencing too often IMO.

So the issue is happening like 2-3 times a week and it's so irritating. Out of the sudden I'm loosing internet connection - the led becomes solid yellow (Modem detected but no internet connection according to FAQ). My router is connected to the provider gear (Cisco EPC3208) and after the connection is lost it's only needed to restart the G10 router and the internet is back again. I dont need to restart Cisco modem.

I'm loosing my patience over this issue.

Could someone from Asrock change the FW to not remove N last logs so maybe there will be some trace in there to solve the issue? Or at least enable SSH so people could take matters into their own hands? I have no clue what might be wrong there to solve it...

Regards
Pablo
thorehei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorehei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:45pm
same issue! just enabled self healing to see if it resolves the problem. 
ketonal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketonal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:28pm
FYI - self healing did not resolved my problem there - even if I set it to reboot every day at let's say 2AM - it occured that sometimes it lost connection anyway after few hours.

On the other hand - I did the factory reset few days ago and for the moment I got:
Operation Time6 day 16 hours 52 minutes 4 seconds
Maybe that was the issue - I did some config, then upgraded FW and it got mixed up or smth (I dont remember exactly if that was the order of things I did;)? Anyway - fingers crossed. I hope it helped permanently, and if so, Asrock guys should do better job keeping right settings between FW upgrades...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic