ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Q] AMD AM4 Chipset driver question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkOrPn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Q] AMD AM4 Chipset driver question?
    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:15am
Hello again,

I see that a new bios is out 5.10, however it says to update your chipset drivers before installing. So when you download the linked v18.10.20 it then tries to downgrade you to v17.12.

Why does the so called latest drivers (and thus the asrock update page) try to downgrade you to almost 1 year old drivers? The latest drivers direct from AMD rev 18.10.0830 released on 9/4/2018 seems newer than 17.12. Are we supposed to select the 17.12 or ignore the offering? How do I force these so called 18.10.20 that I downloaded from asrock without being downgraded to 17.12?

Am I missing something? Is AMD's drivers released on 9/4/2018 the very latest already and I need to do nothing? If so, you should NOT name the download 18.10.20 because that makes people think they are newer (released today in fact), when they are NOT. Thank you.
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 1:31am
I ask myself the same question, a tip if it is not too late, do not update to bios 5.10 is broken, if you use SB Cinema 3 it does not work anymore, not even going back to the previous bios after updating to the last bios, regarding the driver is tremendous garbage I do not know where asrock had the head when I publish this driver, they go fatal with Raven, the chipset are the most recent except the GPIO is an older version, stay away from this new bios
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic