Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10549
Printed Date: 06 Oct 2024 at 5:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Enable onboard graphics in B450M Pro4
Posted By: dimfrag
Subject: Enable onboard graphics in B450M Pro4
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:02pm
I want to install my new rx570 but the system wont do anything. So i want to enable the onboard graphics and then download the drivers to see what happens. How can I enable the onboard graphics with the 1.60 bios?

Replies:
Posted By: garych
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:39pm
what's your pc hardware specs?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 9:42pm
Ryzen 5 2600
Hd 7870 (rx570 if i manage to make it work ;) )
B450M pro4
G.Skill aegis 8gb c16
Rm1000

Posted By: akirabbq
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:18pm
2600 does not have an APU.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:21pm
yep, no onboard graphics with your specs

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:22pm
I am not talking about an apu or an igpu. I just want to enable the onboard graphics in the motherboard so i can just boot into windows and install the driver.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:27pm
motherboard won't give you any graphics if you don't have hardware to run it, ie cpu with integrated gpu

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:31pm
Sometimes people install their discrete gpu and connect display cable to the motherboard graphics output instead of gpu thinking it'll work, I hope that's not the case.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:37pm
I have done that mistake in the past but thats not the case. A technician had come to my house to fix that problem a while back when i had my fx8320.It has no graphics but because my mobo had onboard graphics he has able to open windows from those onboard graphics (ofc way lower resolution) to download the driver. I know that the r5 2600 has no igpu (like the fx8320), i am just trying to find how i can enable the onboard graphics like he did

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:49pm
Some older AM3 motherboards had integrated graphics on them, that's why you could run your fx8320 without gpu. I don't see anything in specs of b450m pro4 that would indicate that it has its own integrated graphics.
Does it even POST with your rx570?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:53pm
I couldnt find it in the specs either but from a major site here in greece it says it has. I hope thats the case. It usually just gives me a black screen from the beginning, the card is alright it was tested by msi.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:24am
"Integrated AMD Radeon??Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*" , so it requires Ryzen APU.
That's the only integrated graphics you'll get here.
Your local website probably misled you into thinking that it has something else.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:28am
Do you have any idea how i could make that gpu work?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:40am
What have you tried so far?

Do you have CSM disabled by any chance? Try enabling it back using your old GPU and see if the new GPU works after that.

You might wanna try to install both of your GPUs if you have enough power connectors, space in the case and time, to see what's wrong in windows.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:00am
When i first tried it i basically updated to the latest available bios and tried a few stuff that people suggested. One of those was csm which didnt help me either (it didnt work or there wasnt in my bios cant really remember). I cant use both gpus because i dont have so many connectors. If i find some and i can physically install them (one card may block 2 slots) what should i do next? How can i know from which one the system triea to work?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:12am
have you tried clearing CMOS?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:13am
yes i have cleared it many times

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:19am
So you're saying that pc with your rx570 will just not boot? Or does it start with black screen?

It might be that you bought a faulty gpu.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:24am
The gpu is not faulty. I have seen it work in a different computer and it was also confirmed by msi that it works. The pc just starts with a black screen. I dont even have the opportunity to go to bios

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:27am
what about cables, are you using the same one that you used with your older gpu?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:33am
Both gpus were tested with 2 different psus (both with their own cables). The result was the same, i could make the 7870 work but not the rx570

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:36am
sorry, by cables I meant video cables to monitor

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 1:43am
Yes i tested both gpus with the same cable but only the older one worked

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:15am
Have you tried a different output in gpu, or even different connection?
Which connection did it work with on another computer?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:22am
I yse dvi. I have nothing else in my monitor. It worked with hdmi in the other computer but if they checked the card and said its fine i think that they must have also checked the other outputs too

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:31am
Are you sure about that? Because "it works" and "it works with every port" is not the same thing, they might've just tested with HDMI and be done with it.
Do you have a way to check if it gets to windows while booting? Maybe you can get some sounds by changing volume with keyboard hotkeys.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:22am
Yes you are correct its not the same thing but i have managed to see the bios screen a few times so that indicates that this is not a completely bad port (if at all). I guess that i will have to try with screens that use a different port although that might be difficult as i dont really have spare screens lying around

Posted By: chilli1327
Date Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:29pm
This board does not have it's own graphics. One way to tell is that there is no graphics chip on board. Don't mistake the southbridge chip for a graphics chip. I know that the term is misleading, but it is correct. It is saying it supports APUs, specifically the AMD ryzen Apu's...."Integrated AMD Radeon Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*" So notice it says IN ryzen series APU...This is saying it is supporting apu processors, specifically the ryzen series apu. My old asrock micro atx board(960GM/U3S3 FX) DOES have onboard graphics and I chose it specifically for this reason. If I need to trouble shoot graphics issues, than I can.

So, I recently purchased this MOBO(B450M Pro4) with the ryzen 5 3400G and a separate card(SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 550) so, again, I can do the same thing. I'm not a big gamer, just casual, and I don't want or need anything more.

-------------
Play safe!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net