Printed Date: 17 Sep 2024 at 3:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: No video output on w10 and amd card
Posted By: ghostmm
Subject: No video output on w10 and amd card
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:53pm
Hello,

I got an annoying problem. My configuration :
Asrock ab350 itx with latest firmware, ryzen 1700, sapphire nitro vega 56 replace by gigabyte rx 590...

I use the nitro card for a while with windows 10, without problem. One month ago i saw that my amd graphic driver is old, from september 2018 or older. So i decided to updated it, and during the installation, when the process is nearly 50% and windows switch to the new driver, my monitor just turn off and say their is no video output (i use hdmi). I try to reboot the computer,same thing, monitor say their is no video output when windows is starting.

I try to install again windows several time, i use the latest windows version, try differant amd graphic driver from December to the most recent, always the same problem. I thought it was a problem with my graphic card, so i try with a gigabyte rx 590, same problem.

Also i am using linux a lot, without any problem, i play some games without any issues.

Do you have any idea ?

Replies:
Posted By: xhue
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:40pm
So, do you see anything on your monitor during POST?

Can you see the BIOS screen?

Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:48am
Their is no problem at all during post, it's when windows is starting that the monitor go black and it says no video input. I can go to uefi without problem, grub and linux work fine.

When i start the computer i have the grub (but it's the same if i use windows boot manager directly). If i choose to boot windows i get the loading circle for one second, then monitor switch off and no video input...

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:13pm
Will it boot into Safe Mode?

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:08pm
Wardog is on point, you need to boot into safe mode (with networking) then download and install DDU (Display driver uninstaller) and run it. Clean out all your AMD display drivers then boot back into normal mode.

Safe mode should work if the issue is just the display driver. If not then you may need to do a fresh windows install to fix it. Either way the issue isn't with your hardware.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:03pm
Hello,

Yes i thought it was my sapphire nitro gpu that was the problem, even if it works fine for several month without problem, but as the problem is the same with the rx 590, it's not a problem with the graphic card itself.

I ask here because i suspect a problem between the asrock ad350 firmware (i updated to 5.60 recently), windows 10 et amd graphics driver. It is strange i am alone to have this issue.

I also own an asrock x370 itx, i just install it with a 2400g, and the driver install fine on windows without problem. Either this problem is limited to the ab350 or either the use of external amd graphic card.

Posted By: xhue
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:18pm
You may also drop a line to AMD support.

They will investigate further, and there is a better chance they will work together with ASRock to provide a fix.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:34pm
https://community.amd.com/message/2910694

It seems no one care in the amd support... i try again with an april iso of windows 10, also try to load uefi default in case... always the same.

It seems however that windows is not crash when it happens, looks like the card is trying to use a resolution higher than what my monitor is capable.

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:19am
Have you used DDU to remove ALL graphic drivers, reboot and install the latest RADEON driver for your RX-590???

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:09pm
I don't see the point of using ddu as i make a fresh install every time. I must have reinstall windows 6-7 time now, trying different things but always with the same result.

I will change my monitor soon and use displayport instead of hdmi, who knows maybe it will work...

Posted By: Goildzy
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 4:07pm
Go safe mode. Hardware devices. Find gpu in list right click delete drivers + delete from pc restart pc. Its obv a driver thing. Anyway goodluck

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:43am
I tried again with an old driver from early november 2018, still the same problem... It really piss me off.

During the installation of the driver, when my screen turn off, i ear windows still making sound sound, like if i connect an usb key. I guess windows isn't crash, so is it possible this is possible resolution problem ? The driver try to put higher resolution than the monitor can handle so it turn off and say no signal ?

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:44pm
It is very normal for a driver install that your screen goes off amd on and does weird stuff (its installing the the driver). The sounds you hear (usb connect sound) is the sound of yout new drivet+screen being connected and so windows notices that ans you hear the connected device sound.

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:52pm
I read all you post and see that you reinstalled windows alot. To me it sounds like a driver problem atm. Its weird that you can use the same card in a different set up. Have you tried a different pcie slot (ik it gonna be less performance but just to isolate the problem). However if you van boot to windows using windows basic gfx drivers than the card imo should be fine. And i dont see why the mobo wouldnt. When yiu install your card....does yout bios maybe change it to integrated graphics after it try to boot? Did you try old drivers? Um does all stuff on that board work on your other board? Might it be your psu? I dont really see a mobo quit of a sudden.

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:59pm
It sounds like everything is working. And this is a driver problem. You know yo mess around in your windows when that screen is off.... You van download TeamViewer and link your pc to your account and get on your windows when you are online with a different device like your phone or other pc. This way you could directly reverse the driver back through device manager without needing a physical screen attached.

Important!!!!!! Did you flash your bios to a newer one? Did with that you also downloaded and installed the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL? As the latest agesa needs that!

Date Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:47am
Hello

Just to say that the problem is solve... i use displayport instead of hdmi and it works... thx amd

Now i have to find a workaround for both the unwanted reboot and the freeze on linux. ASROCK was kind enough to remove the option to get "typical current idle" in the AB350 itx bios that remove the freezing problem, but still present in the X370 itx bios...

Date Posted: 18 May 2019 at 3:35pm
Weird solving lol. Glad you found a solution. Can't help you linux wise. Goodluck ;}

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net