Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11511
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: B360M 1B-R1 Motherboard
Posted By: papawana1
Subject: B360M 1B-R1 Motherboard
Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:00am
I bought an IBUYPOWER computer from Best Buy. The box said it contained a manual and driver cd. It did not have a cd/dvd so I bought a usb cd/dvd. When I got home the box contained no manual and no cd. The motherboard is the B360M 1B-R1 which is not listed on their website or anywhere on the web. When I called ASRock tech support they told me to use the specs for the B360M ITX-OC, which upon inspection is a completely different board. The bios is different. I also bought 4 sticks of memory to replace to one that it came with. I cannot take the computer back as I threw the box out before I found any of this out. I am stumped!!! Any suggestion?

Replies:
Posted By: badbri
Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:31am
Is it like the B360M Pro4 ?
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.asp

If it is then you can use the manual and drivers for that board
BUT the BIOS will be from IbuyPower and not an official Asrock BIOS
and NO you cannot flash it with an Official Asrock BIOS.

-------------
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:53am
Similar but different. I called Ibuypower techsupport...complete waste of time. Together we could not find a version number of my bios. He said the board is not a retail version and is not listed by asrock, nor are any bios updates by ibuypower expected. This board is not one of the 4 B360M boards listed on the ASRock site. The 4 there have items that mine does not: 2.0 usb ports, PS/2 ports for the mouse & keyboard. 2 of them have 4 memory slots, 2 have 2 memory slots, 2 have 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot and 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots, 1 has 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot, and 1 has 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot and 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots. Tech Support from ASRock and Ibuypower was worthless!!!

Posted By: RLGL
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:55pm
Take it back to BB, not a complete unit or make the store personnel come up with the missing items.

-------------
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Date Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:25am
It has an OEM board not a retail board therefore the "missing" board features (compared to retail) are not actually missing as it was designed and sold to IbuyPower that way. They are the ones responsible to help him. BestBuy is just the retailer and is not responsible for it having an OEM board instead of a retail board.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:24pm
I am not upset with Best Buy. Ibuypower says they cannot help as they got the board from ASRock (but have no response about the contents of the box versus the labeling of the outside of the box). ASRock says they cannot help as the board is not a retail board and they do not have any diagrams or information on the B360M IB-R1 board inside of my BB961 Ibuypower computer.

Date Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:55am
Other than only 8Gb of ram it looks like you got a good deal assuming you paid about $800-$900 for the computer. The 6GB GTX1660 is a great card!
The BB specs say 2 mem slots, 1-16x pcie, 1-1x pcie, 4-ubs3, 2-usb2 plus one PS2. That makes it a micro board like the B360M-ITX/ac or b360m-hdv. If you could take a picture of the back panel and top view of the board and link it here maybe we might be able to help with more info.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:59am
It has 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots, 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots, I put 4 8gb Corsair Vengence dimms in, another 120mmfan on top
to help the cooling, a Sound Blaster card, and added a Dell external cd/dvd drive. With no help from ASRock it has been impossible
to choose a better heat sink and fan for the 1151 socket CPU. The fan-tastic tuning program is worthless. I am not a gamer. With
temps over C it bothers me. I have the case fans set on performance and the CPU on full. I took pics of the rear and of the board
but the site I used to use to share pics with is no longer up.

Date Posted: 29 May 2019 at 8:37am
With 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe 1x and 4 mem slots your OEM board is based on the Pro 4. The BestBuy website for BB961 lists 1 of each PCIe and only 2 ram slots (click Specs half way down the page):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-1tb-hard-drive-120gb-solid-state-drive-black/6337465.p?skuId=6337465
That is why there is so much confusion with tech support. The drivers for the Asrock B360M Pro4 will work for your board BUT the Asrock BIOS will not as they cannot be flashed over an OEM BIOS.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:37am
I saw that. That's what makes my BB961 so strange. With no manual I am lost. Right now my biggest concern is the cooling. It ran at 41C, and I am not a gamer or run any power grabbing programs. Fan-tastic tuning is worthless. To bring it down to 37C I have all fans set at full and have the side cover off. I am still searching for a better heat sink and fan for the cpu for the 1151 socket. Because of the space limitations I have not been successful so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated!!!

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:06am
Are you running Windows in High Performance mode or Balanced (power mode)?
How many fans are blowing air out of the case, how many blowing air in ?
You always need more "out" air than "in" air, PSU fans do not count as they now just cool the psu and don't add much to case ventilation.
I am using an Intel BXTS15A heatsink fan, have 3 out blow fans and two in blow. My CPU (8700k) and motherboard (z370 pro4) run 4C to 6C above room temp on average after being on a few hours.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
Thank you for your response. I have always built my computers in the past, basing the build on the motherboard and the case. I made a big
mistake this time. This motherboard had 1 pin for a case fan open which I added as an out. So the motherboard controls 2 case fans and the
and the cpu fan. I have ordered 2 more 120mm fans and power conneconnectors to hook them to 4 pin power. So I will end up with 2 outs on top, 2 ins in the front, and and out in the rear (I have no idea where this plugs in). I will have no way of adjusting the rpm of the 2 fans I am adding as they will not be plugged into the motherboard. I searched the web for reviews on your suggested cooler/fan to responses. I can take the back panel of the case off easily so I will not have to take the motherboard out to change cooler/fan. Being a mini board and small case, there is not much room. I may just see what the results are after adding the fans and putting the side panel back on. I will post what the results are. Thank you again.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:02am
I finally got the 2 molex power cables. So no I have 3 fans out and 2 fans in. I put the clear tempered glass side panel back on. Checked the temps. CPU is 40C/104F and MB is 33C/91F. I still have the stock cpu & cooler that I want to replace. I hope I never have problems as tech support with this board will be non-existent.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:01am
After finally getting an RMA from Ibuypower, and tons of "it does not exist" from everyone, including Ibuypower, I received a user manual and a driver cd for my B360M lB-R1 motherboard!!! How could that be? I could care less...I HAVE IT.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:14am
Glad you finally got it all squared away. IbuyPower should have helped you right away IMHO since they built the box that you paid for.

-------------

Posted By: Jamco
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:06am
I could really use a copy of that................. anyway you could help me out?

Hello everyone hope you're having better day than me....

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:44am
I could email you a copy of the user manual if I knew your address. The cd is too large to email.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:30am
That would be awesome PapaWala.............I'll send you my email address....

You made my day ................Thx

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 5:48am

Well I'm going through the same S@*T myself right now!I've been on hold for 30 minutes waiting for Ibuypower to answer my call! I've been next in the Que for 30 minutes now !!!!

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:10am
I don't know what it's worrth but the guy at asrock told me it was the same as the B360m-pro4......?

Anyone know for sure.......?

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:12am
Hee's the link

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.us.asp#CPU

Posted By: Jerm
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:32am
Hey, just got my son the SnowBlind PC and would love a copy of the manual if you wouldn't mind emailing it to me.      jermfoley@yahoo.com

Thanks so much.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 7:11am
It is NOT the same motherboard

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by papawana1 papawana1 wrote:

It is NOT the same motherboard

Hey Papawana1 that's what tech told me? I sent you my email addy I'll send it again hopefully you could send me a copy.......?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:15am
Hey Papa sent you another pm i think my email public so if this helps here it is jomce@yahoo.com

Maybe the admin of this board / forum could help us out with ASRock....

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:51am
I upped the B360M_IB-R1 manual to NitroFlare, it is a free download and should be ok for 3 or 4 months.
http://nitroflare.com/view/629151BED56E7BB/B360M_IB-R1.pdf

Thanks papawana1 for the pdf. After doing some research I do believe your board is a modified retail B360M with added wifi card, added RGB led headers but some backpanel items removed. Comparing the board layouts they are exact except for the above items (the retail board has traces to put the RGB led headers but they are not included).

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:55pm
Thanks for the help Badbri

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by badbri badbri wrote:

I upped the B360M_IB-R1 manual to NitroFlare, it is a free download and should be ok for 3 or 4 months.
http://nitroflare.com/view/629151BED56E7BB/B360M_IB-R1.pdf

Thanks papawana1 for the pdf. After doing some research I do believe your board is a modified retail B360M with added wifi card, added RGB led headers but some backpanel items removed. Comparing the board layouts they are exact except for the above items (the retail board has traces to put the RGB led headers but they are not included).

That don't look like my board............... haha

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Jamco Jamco wrote:

That don't look like my board............... haha

Look for a model number on your board, maybe we can narrow down the retail equivalent...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 9:29am
The only thing I can find is ASRock B360M IB-R1.......

I called Ibuypower and spoke to Micheal Montgomery he asked for the serial number on the back of my unit and told me it a B360 Pro4. There s are some very small numbers on on some very small stickers if they would be any help..... I could use the some. Thx

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm
Hi badbri I took some pictures the closest thing I could find that looks like mine is the 360 Pro4. Can I email you the pics? I don't seem to be able to upload them to the site.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:46am
Anyone able to tell me where I could find the Bios / disk for this MB?

Thanks for the manual................

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:06pm
You are welcome. They also sent me ASRock IICFL-16 driver DVD. It contains the following drivers: INF, ME, Intel Bluetooth, Intel WLan, Intel Lan, Rapid Storage Tech Storage & Utility, and HD Audio Driver & Application. Utility's are Restart to UEFI and ASRock Polychrome RGB. No mention of BIOS.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:13pm
Hey Papawana

Who sent you the disk .....?

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:42pm
As I stated earlier in this thread, I filed an RMA with Ibuypower claiming I did not get the advertised manual and dvd. They sent me both.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:06am
thanks Papa I'll give them a call again

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:13am
I could really use some help please.

When I initially received this PC I couldn't have been happier withthe exception of not receiving the manual or disc.

Overall benchmark was in the 79 Percentile

Benchmark ran 103% in gaming mode 89% Desktop & 72% Workstation
Intel I5-9400F bench @ 95.4% 100% 125 Pts single core 110% 484 Pts Quad core 104% 697 Pts Multi core Preforming in the 89th percentile.

Windows update installed and the system would only boot after going through several cycles, same results on the benchmark so I didn't turn off the system for at least a week.

After finally shutting down System failed to reboot and was prompted to recover / reinstall windows.

Experienced similar issues at least two more time, remove and or reinstall windows updates etc

Current benchmark now in the 59th Percentile

Benchmark in gaming mode is 85% Desktop 78% Workstation 54%

Intel I5-9400F bench @ 82%% 175 Pts Normal 68% 514 Pts Heavy 38% 563 Pts Extreme, Preforming in the 17th percentile!

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:15am
I have no Idea wat to do! Windows automatically updated and then this thing wouldn?™t boot. Multiple calls to Ibuypowers technical support did nothing! Waiting on hold for 30 minutes or opting for a call back never to get one! Windows will finally boot but I?™ve lost 20% of it?™s previous performance! Device manager shows issues with Display adapter / Nvidia RTX 2060, Software components / Creative Audio Effects component & Sound blaster connect also Storage controllers / Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium controller & Microsoft storage spaces controller! I?™m past the return date I never received the software disc I called Best Buy Geek squad and they said they could repair it in 2-3 days, when I went to the store it became 2-3 weeks! I?™m so upset I?™ve been trying to repair this myself, but it seems useless without that software disk. I know you managed to get one Papa I?™d be willing to send you some cash if you could burn me a copy or set up a FTP. Without that disc this will just happen over an over again, I?™m sure Ibuypower and Best buy know that. Hoping you can help me out?¦â€¦â€¦â€?forumCodes=True

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:34am
go to the ibuypower customer support site. File for an RMA stating that you did not receive the manual or driver disk. I hope you saved your receipt. Windows 10 is not on the disk. You made a copy of your initial installation for emergencies. If all else fails I could burn the disk. Hurricane is about to hit so I probably will be without power for a while.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 12:38am
ASRock IICFL-16 driver DVD contains the following drivers: INF, ME, Intel Bluetooth, Intel WLan, Intel Lan, Rapid Storage Tech Storage & Utility, and HD Audio Driver & Application. Utility's are Restart to UEFI and ASRock Polychrome RGB.

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:25am
stay safe Papa thanks for the reply I'll try Ibuypower once more then return to Best buy for repair / replacement then refund.
Stay safe

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:51pm
if you want to set up an ftp I will transfer the disk to you or I will burn the disk and send it to you

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:01am
Wow you're a lifesaver I have filezilla............

Posted By: GerryT
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:20pm
Would you be able to send me the disk also? I can setup a onedrive folder for you. Thank you in advance.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 3:47pm
just give me your email address and I will send it that way

Posted By: diGGy^
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:11am
any way either of you could send those two things over to blatantgamerz@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate it.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Jamco Jamco wrote:

I don't know what it's worrth but the guy at asrock told me it was the same as the B360m-pro4......?

Anyone know for sure.......?

It is NOT!!!

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:48am
Originally posted by diGGy^ diGGy^ wrote:

any way either of you could send those two things over to blatantgamerz@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate it.

manual sent...I have no idea what the OTHER thing is

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:57am
Originally posted by GerryT GerryT wrote:

Would you be able to send me the disk also? I can setup a onedrive folder for you. Thank you in advance.

the driver disk is available though Ibuypower...simply contact their customer support and file an RMA for not receiving your disk...that's how I got mine.

Posted By: frankthetank220
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 1:33am
apologies if this was asked already. So I just purchased this computer, and immediately updated the ram to vengeance rgb 16g 3000mhz. When updating the bios the only option is 2666mhz. When checking it, its easy to see that its obvious that the computer is running at 2666. My question is are there any updates to this motherboard to allow me to run at full capacity? or do I have to change the motherboard? From what I can tell this computer was built relatively recently its the ibuypower i5 9400k with GTX 1660 from best buy. pls help, I tried a ticket on the ibuypower forum but they are super slow to respond

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 4:07am
The manual says:
Memory ??Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
??4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
??Supports DDR4 2666/2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered
memory
??Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-
ECC mode)
??Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB
??Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
??15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots

I am running 4 16gb 2666mhz memory sticks...computer runs great...you put in 3000mhz sticks...so the bios can only read up to its limit...their has not been a bios update that MIGHT raise the limit to 3000mhz.

Posted By: Venmis
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 12:17am
hey, may I have a copy of the manual my Gmail is ken.monster819@gmail.com

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Venmis Venmis wrote:

hey, may I have a copy of the manual my Gmail is ken.monster819@gmail.com

manual sent

Posted By: OldManFoo
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:12am
Could you please email me a copy of the manual?

KAllard54@gmail.com

Ty in advance

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:23am
Originally posted by OldManFoo OldManFoo wrote:

Could you please email me a copy of the manual?

KAllard54@gmail.com

Ty in advance

manual sent

Posted By: guillermo.gomez27
Date Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:44am
Hi, Did any one get the BIOS updates for this AsRock Motherboard? Kindly can you send me the manual too? guillermo.gomez27@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Date Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by guillermo.gomez27 guillermo.gomez27 wrote:

Hi, Did any one get the BIOS updates for this AsRock Motherboard? Kindly can you send me the manual too? guillermo.gomez27@yahoo.com

Thanks!

manual sent

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net