Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11530
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Polychrome sync and trident z rgb not working
Posted By: XmanSE
Subject: Polychrome sync and trident z rgb not working
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Hi, i bought a new amd optimized kit, the gskill trident z rgb for amd, the exact model is F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX. Before it installed i cleared the cmos and replaced the old ram, enable the xmp profile and everything it´s seem to be ok. System booted and worked fine.

The problem is when i try to change the color of the rgb, the asrock polychrome sync don't detect the ram, it didn´t show in the software, and my ram always stay in rainbow color.

I can change the other lights in my system, motherboard lights, aio fans lights, but the ram never appear in the software.

I tried uninstalled, reinstalled the software a couple of times and didn´t work, i changed the ram slots, i tried A1 B1, A2 B2, and always it the same, polychrome rgb never show the ram.

I have a X470 Taichi, Bios 3.20 and a ryzen 7 2700X, i use ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:1.0.38.

Thanks for the help

-------------
X470 Taichi | Ryzen 9 3900X | 8x2 GSkill Trident Z RGB | Asus Strix RTX 2080ti | Samsung 970 Evo+ | EVGA 750 GQ

Replies:
Posted By: gizmic
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:46pm
i dont have that problem but you want to install the gskill rgb software as the ram will go back to rainbow after restart even if you can set it in asrock's app

install the gskill software set the colour and never open either again unless for changing colour

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

i don't have that problem but you want to install the gskill rgb software as the ram will go back to rainbow after restart even if you can set it in asrock's app

install the gskill software set the colour and never open either again unless for changing colour

ok i will try that, but i read a lot of problems that installing two or more rgb control software may corrupted the spd of the ram.

So if i do that could be happened, or this don´t be happened now?.

I don't want to damage my new ram

-------------
X470 Taichi | Ryzen 9 3900X | 8x2 GSkill Trident Z RGB | Asus Strix RTX 2080ti | Samsung 970 Evo+ | EVGA 750 GQ

Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:12pm
well thats my own solution to keeping the colour fixed after restarts

but if you insist on only using asrock's i suggest you to try to flash the asrock app a quick search on RGB problems should bring you to that thread

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:53pm
Ok, thanks for the help. I have a question. Do you have both softwares installed, it mean if you have asrock polychrome and trident Z rgb controller installed, but you never use it at the same time?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 2:51pm
i have asrock uninstalled after settings the colours

then installed gskill to set the ram i dont uninstall gskill because there are times it turns back to rainbow default so i'll just open gskill

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:43am
I did that, and it works, i used the trident z royal software to set the colour, in the royal software the ram appear without issues and i can set the colours.

Uninstalled and installed the all rgb software each time to i want to change the colors in not the ideal option but is better than nothing and spd corruption.

I will continue looking for a better solution, and thanks for the help

-------------

Posted By: chrismarshall3
Date Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:49am
Its a terrible system Asrock have created. They dont offer support or even read their forums. They dont reply to emails.

So I will help -

Download version 1.0.15 of polychrome, it is on the internet somewhere.
I did this and I had control again. My T Force ram wont show up in 1.038 but does in 1.0.15. The annoying thing is, the settings dont seem to save.

So now I am using BLITZ tforce program as well as the asrock one at the same time. Pain in the ass.

I wont be buying asrock in the future.

Date Posted: 25 May 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by chrismarshall3 chrismarshall3 wrote:

Its a terrible system Asrock have created. They dont offer support or even read their forums. They dont reply to emails.

So I will help -

Download version 1.0.15 of polychrome, it is on the internet somewhere.
I did this and I had control again. My T Force ram wont show up in 1.038 but does in 1.0.15. The annoying thing is, the settings dont seem to save.

So now I am using BLITZ tforce program as well as the asrock one at the same time. Pain in the ass.

I wont be buying asrock in the future.

Do you have both software installed and running at the same time?

Another problem with polychrome was the tap of razer chroma completes disappear, before the uninstall and reinstall it i had the tab. Now is complete gone.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:41am
Finally i was able to use polychrome sync, i just followed the tutorial of the gskill forums - Clean Uninstall Guide (for v1.06.68). Deleted all the files, and reinstall the polychrome sync, and finally the component tab was appear and i could set the colours of the ram.

And yes the color was reset to default (the rainbow), when i shut down the pc, but not in restart, so i have to open the software each time when i turn on the pc and automatically the setted colours back.

-------------

Posted By: chrismarshall3
Date Posted: 27 May 2019 at 6:56pm
That sounds annoying.
Setting your colour everytime you start your pc.

I have a similar unresolved problem with my Team Force.
The RAM tab has dissapeared from Polychrome. It works fine in the older versions but is just gone from the new ones. The old versions unfortunately dont let me do much.

It is a useless program.

I am sending my board back for another brand at this point.

Date Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:42am
Yes that sound annoying, but the latest version of polychrome has the option to autorun when windows start, so now is not a big deal and the colours set correctly when the program starts.

You should try the gskill tutorial to clean all installations, i know is a Team Force, but could work, it worked for me, after did this the component tab appear again.

-------------

Posted By: raGNAgel
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by XmanSE XmanSE wrote:

Finally i was able to use polychrome sync, i just followed the tutorial of the gskill forums - Clean Uninstall Guide (for v1.06.68). Deleted all the files, and reinstall the polychrome sync, and finally the component tab was appear and i could set the colours of the ram.

And yes the color was reset to default (the rainbow), when i shut down the pc, but not in restart, so i have to open the software each time when i turn on the pc and automatically the setted colours back.

i have this problem too that my RAM XPG won't detect by polychrome in any of version, should i follow your method on g.skill that must deep clean software of rgb ram??

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:28am
Originally posted by raGNAgel raGNAgel wrote:

Originally posted by XmanSE XmanSE wrote:

i have this problem too that my RAM XPG won't detect by polychrome in any of version, should i follow your method on g.skill that must deep clean software of rgb ram??

Yes, but trie the new one method, [Trident Z Lighting Control] Driver Conflict / Clean Uninstall Guide], there is a batch file that clean all the rgbs in the system.

Then install the last version of polychrome, and it should work.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net