Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11845
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 12:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Upgrade to Ryzen 3600 on Fatal1ty AB350 gone wrong
Posted By: edlebert
Subject: Upgrade to Ryzen 3600 on Fatal1ty AB350 gone wrong
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:34pm
I have the Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with the old Ryzen 2200G, AMD RX 580, and Cruical MX500 NVMe SSD for the past year. Everything has been awesome.

Yesterday I attempted to upgrade my CPU to the new Ryzen 3600
1. Updated bios to 5.3.0 (required for bios 5.7.0)
2. Updated bios to 5.7.0
3. Ran some benchmarks. System seems stable with new bios and 2200G CPU.
4. Shut computer down and installed new 3600
5. System posts fine, but Crucial MX500 NVMe M.2 SSD not showing up. Can't boot into windows because there's no boot device.
6. Okay, put the old 2200G CPU in to try and isolate the problem.
7. System no longer POSTs with old CPU at all
8. Inspected 2200G pins and reseated it. Still no POST.
9. Put new 3600 CPU back in, it posts fine but still no NVMe.

I have tried reseating the NVMe multiple times, no luck.
I have tried scouring the bios for anything related to PCI/NVMe settings that would disable it, but no luck.
I have tried turning off the power, unplugging it, and resetting the CMOS. No luck.

Now I'm sad. If anyone out there has some advice for me, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:47am
Try clearing CMOS before you power up with the 2200g. That should get you back up and running with your original CPU.

That isn't the goal however, we want to see you up and running with your 3600. I would pick up a dirt cheap SATA SSD and install an OS on that. Once you can get into an OS it will be easier to see what's going on (diagnostic tools).

In the interim, check for bent pins on the 3600, if pins are bent or missing you could be losing PCIe lanes, lanes needed for the M.2 slot. Missing pins would be obvious, a gold pad without a pin that has a dot/stub where a pin should be.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:25am
I was finally able to boot the old 2200G by clearing the CMOS before boot. Thanks! Also, my NVMe SSD was also visible again with the old CPU. So then I tried again with the new 3600, clearing the CMOS again, and it's still not visible. I physically inspected the CPU pins again and they're all present and straight.

So, ultimately, my ASRock B350 motherboard with a Ryzen 3600 is not able to see/use my NVMe SSD. My guess is that this is firmware related, and possibly related to the new PCIe 4.0 on the new CPUs. I should probably return the CPU and hope that ASRock releases a new bios, but I'm not too hopeful.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:08am
Scratch that. The Crucial MX500 is m.2, but it's SATA not NVMe. So I don't think the PCI express has anything to do with it.

Posted By: blaww
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:13am
I'd just like to say that I'm also having this problem on the X360 Gaming ITX. I've been running BIOS 5.70 for a few days without issues but after upgrading from Ryzen 5 1600 to 3600 my SATA M.2 drive is no longer detected.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:21am
Ah, it feels good to know you're not the only one!

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
I'm going to go out today and get a NVMe drive to see if the problem is restricted only to m.2 SATA.

I also wish I could edit the original post and/or title to update it to say m.2 SATA.

Posted By: dillon
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:07am
I decided to post here just to give ASRock some feedback. I've been working up a number of systems with the 3600X and I have several B350 Gaming-itx/ac mobos. I am having serious trouble just getting the BIOS to post with the 3600X.

I upgraded one to BIOS 5.70 and it booted fine with the 2400G that was in there before. However, when I plugged in the 3600X the system got really unhappy.

* It takes around 15-20 tries before the BIOS will POST, often requiring a hard power cycle with the power switch on the PSU. I will describe the difficulty down below.

* I have an old Radeon 6450 GPU plugged in (to get a display). I also tried plugging in a far more modern RX580, but the behavior is similar (it might successfully post a little more often, but it still fails most of the time).

* When the BIOS does post, however, the system appears to come up fine.

* I tried many configurations. I tried the stock configuration, I tried undervolting, I tried turning on overclocking but setting the frequency low (3.8 GHz). I tried running the memory at various speeds including 2133. I tried changing the memory out. I tried a different PSU. I tried a more modern GPU (an RX580)... none of this messing around changes the POST behavior by much. Possibly changing out the GPU helps it post a little more often but the behavior is basically the same.

The BIOS post behavior is as follows:

* Power button. System powers on, CPU fan starts at low speed, system fan does not. GPU fan does not. No display (obviously). System is burning around 35W. The system always starts this way and will then proceed to behave in three different ways:

(1) The BIOS will power cycle the machine itself every 10-15 seconds or so. I observe the CPU fan turning off, then on again. The watt meter shows that the system power cycled itself. This will repeat many times (several minutes sometimes) until either the system posts or the system locks up.

(2) When the system posts, the CPU fan will cycle to full power and the case and GPU fans will also turn on. The system posts a few seconds later and works normally.

(3) Sometimes the CPU fan will cycle to full power and the case and GPU fans will turn on, but the system will fail to post (no display, no beep codes, nothing).   In this situation the power button no longer works... neither hitting the power button OR holding it down will power the machine down. I wind up having to switch the PSU off, wait a few seconds, then switch it on again.

(4) Sometimes the CPU fan remains at low speed and stops power cycling. Again the system has locked up. The power button does not work either momentary or held-down, requiring the PSU to be switched off and then on again.

Note that when the system does post, it seems to operate perfectly.

Note that this behavior is definitely BIOS / POST related. It occurs whether I have any storage connected up or not. That is, it has nothing to do with the operating system.

Note also that when this BIOS does post, it doesn't seem to recognize its own ethernet adapter so I can't (for example) pxeboot the box. USB recognition seems to be spotty too. SATA recognition appears to be reliable.

Finally, note that similar configurations on the B450 mobo with the latest BIOS for that mobo work perfectly. Its the B350 mobo that is having all the issues.

Hopefully this helps!

-Matt

Posted By: Apizz
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:43am
Originally posted by edlebert edlebert wrote:

I have the Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with the old Ryzen 2200G, AMD RX 580, and Cruical MX500 NVMe SSD for the past year. Everything has been awesome

Yap happened same to me so my temporary solution is using m.2 ssd adapter to sata cause im using ssd m.2 not nvme so the speed of data transfer is pretty the same hope asrock release the the fix bios

Posted By: Teyn
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:22am
Originally posted by dillon dillon wrote:

I decided to post here just to give ASRock some feedback. I've been working up a number of systems with the 3600X and I have several B350 Gaming-itx/ac mobos. I am having serious trouble just getting the BIOS to post with the 3600X.

I upgraded one to BIOS 5.70 and it booted fine with the 2400G that was in there before. However, when I plugged in the 3600X the system got really unhappy.

* It takes around 15-20 tries before the BIOS will POST, often requiring a hard power cycle with the power switch on the PSU. I will describe the difficulty down below.

* I have an old Radeon 6450 GPU plugged in (to get a display). I also tried plugging in a far more modern RX580, but the behavior is similar (it might successfully post a little more often, but it still fails most of the time).

* I tried many configurations. I tried the stock configuration, I tried undervolting, I tried turning on overclocking but setting the frequency low (3.8 GHz). I tried running the memory at various speeds including 2133. I tried changing the memory out. I tried a different PSU. I tried a more modern GPU (an RX580)... none of this messing around changes the POST behavior by much. Possibly changing out the GPU helps it post a little more often but the behavior is basically the same.

* Power button. System powers on, CPU fan starts at low speed, system fan does not. GPU fan does not. No display (obviously). System is burning around 35W. The system always starts this way and will then proceed to behave in three different ways:

(1) The BIOS will power cycle the machine itself every 10-15 seconds or so. I observe the CPU fan turning off, then on again. The watt meter shows that the system power cycled itself. This will repeat many times (several minutes sometimes) until either the system posts or the system locks up.

(2) When the system posts, the CPU fan will cycle to full power and the case and GPU fans will also turn on. The system posts a few seconds later and works normally.

(3) Sometimes the CPU fan will cycle to full power and the case and GPU fans will turn on, but the system will fail to post (no display, no beep codes, nothing).   In this situation the power button no longer works... neither hitting the power button OR holding it down will power the machine down. I wind up having to switch the PSU off, wait a few seconds, then switch it on again.

(4) Sometimes the CPU fan remains at low speed and stops power cycling. Again the system has locked up. The power button does not work either momentary or held-down, requiring the PSU to be switched off and then on again.

Note that this behavior is definitely BIOS / POST related. It occurs whether I have any storage connected up or not. That is, it has nothing to do with the operating system.

Note also that when this BIOS does post, it doesn't seem to recognize its own ethernet adapter so I can't (for example) pxeboot the box. USB recognition seems to be spotty too. SATA recognition appears to be reliable.

Finally, note that similar configurations on the B450 mobo with the latest BIOS for that mobo work perfectly. Its the B350 mobo that is having all the issues.

Hopefully this helps!

-Matt

Hey Matt,

strange, I'm experiencing all the same discribed issues with a B450 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac and my new Ryzen 5 3600. Exactly the same. I contacted the German support but there only guess is a defectice CPU. My guess is, that AGESA 1.0.0.1 is unstable in various configurations and I'm waiting for a new BIOS. MSI draw back all BIOS Versions they released with AGESA 1.0.0.1 caus of instability.

Nils

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:26am
The problem seems isolated to m.2 SATA. I purchased an m.2 NVMe and it detected it just fine.

But after installing windows I was plagued with frequent stutters, freezes, and restarts.   I guess it *could* be a bad CPU, but I doubt it. I think I'm returning the CPU and waiting for ASRock to release a stable bios for Zen 2, if ever.

Posted By: Johnnyfive
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:50am
I have the same ryzen 3600/B450 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac configuration and I'm experiencing the exact same issues. Unfortunately I bought everything new and had a repair shop flash the bios so I couldn't troubleshoot with an older processor. My windows install fails on reboot so I have a very expensive paper weight but I'm kind of relieved to know that I'm not be alone.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:55am
Yeah, the ASRock bioses are a dumpster fire for zen 2. They are the only manufacturer still on AMD 1.0.0.1.

I have heard that it has problems on 3200-14. I?™m going to try dropping my RAM down to 3000 this weekend.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:17am
I've seen a couple people on Gigabyte boards reporting the same issue as well, though a Gigabyte rep said they're working on a fix. No idea if it's caught ASRock's attention yet.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by blaww blaww wrote:

I've seen a couple people on Gigabyte boards reporting the same issue as well, though a Gigabyte rep said they're working on a fix. No idea if it's caught ASRock's attention yet.

Which issue? The m.2 recognition problem? The post/boot problem? Or the general instability?

Posted By: unsungloser
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:35pm
Same issue with x370 gaming itx/ac. 3900x in my case. Doesn't recognize my WD SATA SSD. Re-seated SSD. Re-flashed. Re-seated memory. Nothing works. I seated my 2700x back in the MB and voila everything works again. There is something very wrong with the 3000 series bios for x370 and x470.

And I have noticed some lag in the PC turning on as well. The fan ramp up when I turn on the computer initially and then it takes a good while for POST. Everything works just fine after that. Except for not detecting my SSD lol.

Anyone from ASRock going to chime in? We need help yo! I got a 500$ processor to play on it. Now i can't cuz I can't boot into my goddamn windows install! LOL! FIX IT!!!

Posted By: cerror
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:42pm
Same bootloop issues with a B450 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac and a 3700X.
I've read on reddit that some other people that had the issue got a reply from asrock that the cpu must be defective. Absolute bullsh*t.

Fix the damn bios asrock, stop blaming others.

Is there a beta bios floating around anywhere with the newer agesa?

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
Addendum: Updated the bios to 3.30 according to the instructions with a 2700X and the board works fine with the 2700X.

As soon as I put the 3700X in, it bootloops without the casefans spinning.
Graphics card fan and aio do work.

Posted By: Daveydguk
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:43pm
Having same issues with b450 itx rx580 and 3600 cpu. Memory running at 3000. Booting from SSD.

Installed latest firmware 3.30.

Going to try and clear CMOS later to see if it improves boot

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:45pm
I've tried disconnecting the battery and I've tried to short the jumpers, but still loops.

Let me know if it helped with yours.

Posted By: Teyn
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by cerror cerror wrote:

I've read on reddit that some other people that had the issue got a reply from asrock that the cpu must be defective. Absolute bullsh*t.

That is, what the the support also told me, but a defective CPU out of the box is extremely rare.

There is a ram bug/restriction in AGESA 1.0.0.1 which prevents using higher voltages than 1.2V for it at cold boot. Most DDR4 RAM on the market with clockspeed above 2666MHz is OC-Ram with 1.35V. That can be one reason.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:44pm
Clearing the CMOS made no change. Asrock can you please sort this out.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Teyn Teyn wrote:

That is, what the the support also told me, but a defective CPU out of the box is extremely rare.

There is a ram bug/restriction in AGESA 1.0.0.1 which prevents using higher voltages than 1.2V for it at cold boot. Most DDR4 RAM on the market with clockspeed above 2666MHz is OC-Ram with 1.35V. That can be one reason.

My ram (without xmp) is 1.2v. And it still wont boot. :'(

Posted By: Sirko
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:48pm
My Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X with gskill F4-3200C14D-16GFX (3200mhz) only boots properly if I set memory clock speed to 3066 MHz or lower with 1.35v. Maybe that helps.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:50pm
I set the ram to 2133 (stock) at 1.20v but still nothing.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:41pm
When my b450 itx boots eventually it resets ram to 2133. I reset to 3000 profile and boot again. Asrock. Pull your finger out of please and sort this out.

Posted By: Jakob84
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:09pm
x470 taichi and 3700x = a sh*tfest as well... nothing works beside lowest ram spd. mobo cant use my second gpu properly...

boar worked flawless with ryzen 1600 and after upgrade to 3700x everything is sh*t :/

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:22am
The next time I buy a motherboard it won't be Asrock.

Sad day when they can't provide a stable platform.

They need to get the house in order for the long time supportive customers.

Not a good business model.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:14am
Asrock. Please post on the forum more. It's key element to keeping your customers.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Daveydguk Daveydguk wrote:

Asrock. Please post on the forum more. It's key element to keeping your customers.

Never gonna happen

Posted By: Eugeny44
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Upgrade from 2700 to 3600x
X470 fata1ty itx AC
Boot cycle the time. manage to get to bios one time put correct settings for ram and never able to see system started again. Tried clear cmos no luck

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:55pm
Exact same problem as me.
Kinda nice to hear it's not my fault or anything.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 5:46am
For those who can?™t POST, definitely go back to your old CPU and wait for a new BIOS. Make sure to clear CMOS before you do, otherwise even your old CPU won?™t post.

For me, I was able to obtain stability by dropping my 3200 RAM to 3000. Even the strange default of 2133 was unstable on account of the reduced voltage at that speed.

Posted By: PeterCxy
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:10am

For those who can?�t POST, definitely go back to your old CPU and wait for a new BIOS. Make sure to clear CMOS before you do, otherwise even your old CPU won?�t post.

For me, I was able to obtain stability by dropping my 3200 RAM to 3000. Even the strange default of 2133 was unstable on account of the reduced voltage at that speed.

In my case anything beyond 2133MHz causes instability. My memory runs at 2400MHz out-of-box without XMP and it causes a whole bunch of POST failures. Dropping it down to 2133MHz at least made it POST consistently. Maybe everyone that has POST issues should try dropping their DRAM frequency down to 2133 first.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:50am
Okay, but make sure you have proper voltage. Sometimes dropping the frequency also drops the voltage. I was unstable at 2133 because voltage was 1.2

Posted By: najip
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by dillon dillon wrote:

Hopefully this helps!

-Matt

I facing all of these problems as well. My mobo is B450 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX/ac with Ryzen 5 3600X I just bought today.

My M2 SSD aren't detected as well.

Posted By: Wick0
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:36am
I have the same problem with AB350 ITX Fatality AC and 3600x, but i was sold today my 2600. Please asrock fix this problem.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:19am
i Have tihis ram HyperX 16 GB KIT DDR4 2933 MHz CL17 Fury Black Series AMD Optimized they run default at 1,2V 2933 Mhz

- when the pc post and boot works well, but ryzen master not work, cpu is unsupported, then I give the system restart and go black screeen. Than the procedure power on power off, PSU OFF and tadaa it works. When shut down the pc , and turn it ON will not post.

My VGA is GTX1070Ti EVGA FTW2 and my disks 2,5 SATA Crucial MX500 500GB and MX300 1050GB and Corsair H60 2018 hydro cooling,

I thnik to sold AB350 itx ac for 80 euro and go to buy a ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING for 200 euro.

it was never problem with asrock when using intel CPU, my first AB350 itx AC Fatality has one faulty RAM slot. RMA after 30day they got my new mobo and I wass happy. But now im really unhappy and angry

Posted By: Diizzel
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:26am
I also have this exact problem! Most of the time pc just won?™t post at all but when it does it takes something like 5-10 power cycles and when it gets to windows it works flawlessly although memory has to be only 2933 instead of its rated 3200.

I even tried different memory settings to fix posting problem but nothing helped. Now I don?™t know what to do anymore. Should I return the processor and keep using 1600 or could I wait when I don?™t even know if there are going to be any fix? This really sucks and it?™s just amazing how ASRock can just release something like this for consumer markets.

Posted By: P-Nut
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:25am

I was finally able to boot the old 2200G by clearing the CMOS before boot. Thanks! Also, my NVMe SSD was also visible again with the old CPU. So then I tried again with the new 3600, clearing the CMOS again, and it's still not visible. I physically inspected the CPU pins again and they're all present and straight.

So, ultimately, my ASRock B350 motherboard with a Ryzen 3600 is not able to see/use my NVMe SSD. My guess is that this is firmware related, and possibly related to the new PCIe 4.0 on the new CPUs. I should probably return the CPU and hope that ASRock releases a new bios, but I'm not too hopeful.

Het dude, thanks for all the work you've put in so far, I just went through the same hell.. asrock b350 upgraded from 1600 to 3600.

Now I'm stuck in a bios' 'loop' as my motherboard doesn't recognise the m.2 drive. thinking I broke it .

Just made an account to let you aren't the only one. I'm so pissed and annoyed. I wonder if the beta drivers 4.51D run new gen ryzens and also recognise the m.2 drive.

Posted By: Tyesov
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:16pm
Asrock b450 miniITX board and ryzen 3600 - can't POST the system, 20 seconds bootloop. Same problem here.

Posted By: Apizz
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:07pm
New problem after SSD sata pcie slot not detected my system' now i cant post to BIOS suddenly after a few week normaly fine , no cpu overclock just default setting , memory ram just increase to 3200mhz with xmp profile its totally fine before its happened
Clear CMOS not going post ,back to old cpu ryzen 5 2400g its back to normal again
My sytem currently r5 3600, ASRock b350 itx ,GTX 1080,team Vulcan 16gb 3000mhz
Did i should buy new x570 motherboard ? Ah c'mon

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:14pm
In my experience with this motherboard, you currencly cannot run the RAM faster than 3000 while using a new Zen 2 Ryzen. If you're using an XMP profile for 3200, it will not POST or it will be unstable..

I have achieved relative stability with the latest stock bios (AGESA 1.0.0.1) by simply running my RAM at 3000. I also manually set the infinity fabric frequency to 1500 (to sync with the RAM), but I'm not sure that was necessary. Before I did this, I would experience frequent lockups and restarts while in Windows.

Posted By: ramax
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:16am
Strangely enough, I experienced similar difficulties regarding the NVMe being unbootable after BIOS update on a K4. In my case, though, I was able to POST normally and didn't switch the CPU, but kept my 1700. I wanted to upgrade to the AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1 before buying a new 3700X and got this issue way sooner, with PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.6. I just got my NVMe bootable again after flashing Bridge (PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.0 ??).

Pinnacle AGESA too is presenting issues of the sort so I think it's somehow related.

-------------
AB350 K4
R7 1700 Stock
Crucial 2x8 2133 CL14
XFX RX 580 8GB GTS XXX

Posted By: morricone
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:10am
I have the Asrock b450 miniITX board with ryzen 3600 just update to the 3.4 bios. Still the same boot loop. 1600x works fine.

Posted By: P-Nut
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:15am
How long does the bootloop gone on for. I heard it often takes a long time for the first time post. Also try clearing cmos. Properly. So also remove the entire system of power before placing the jumper

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:30am
>How long does the bootloop gone on for. I heard it often takes a long time for the first time post. Also try clearing cmos. Properly. So also remove the entire system of power before placing the jumper

Did proper CMOS reset (remove from power, wait 30s, let jump on there for 10s).

It's now rebooting for the 20th time in a row. Taking about 1 min between powercycles.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:52am
I have the same config(b450 itx/3600) and similar issues with the new bios. With 3.30 was was able to boot from an ssd with a functioning windows 10 install 1 out of 20 tries. Now the computer does a hard reboot when I try to boot from that ssd. Very frustrating. Computer functioned perfectly once loaded into windows with the old bios.

Posted By: Bol
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:22am
Exactly the same issues here with B450 gaming itx and r5 3600. Updated bios to 3.3 and m2 sata drive not showing. Updated to 3.4 and bootloop with no display at all. Finally posts anr d revert to 3.4 just so I can view the boot screen. Mobo boots into Windows fine with 2200g fitted. 3600 is currently a £180 paperweight.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 1:42pm
Same bootloop issues with the B450 Fatal1ty gaming itx/ac and a 3700X.
Please fix this asrock.

I saw somewhere that somebody with those issues on a msi board disconnected the reset switch from the motherboard got it stop looping.

Might try that after work.

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 2:33pm
Ryzen 3000 series thread here:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11976&PN=7&title=ryzen-3000-series-support

There is already a lot of good info there. These issues are far reaching (all manufacturers) so I made a sticky to keep things all in one place.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Wick0 Wick0 wrote:

i Have tihis ram HyperX 16 GB KIT DDR4 2933 MHz CL17 Fury Black Series AMD Optimized they run default at 1,2V 2933 Mhz

- when the pc post and boot works well, but ryzen master not work, cpu is unsupported, then I give the system restart and go black screeen. Than the procedure power on power off, PSU OFF and tadaa it works. When shut down the pc , and turn it ON will not post.

My VGA is GTX1070Ti EVGA FTW2 and my disks 2,5 SATA Crucial MX500 500GB and MX300 1050GB and Corsair H60 2018 hydro cooling,

I thnik to sold AB350 itx ac for 80 euro and go to buy a ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING for 200 euro.

it was never problem with asrock when using intel CPU, my first AB350 itx AC Fatality has one faulty RAM slot. RMA after 30day they got my new mobo and I wass happy. But now im really unhappy and angry

I sold AB350 itx ac and buy ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING and the asus works fantastic with ryzen 3600X and i can run 4,4Ghz on all cores :-) what a beast

Posted By: blaze2k
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 12:57am
Same trash with my fatality X370 ITX and 3600X. Cold boot issues even with the ram at 2133. Asrock do somethibg about it fast!!!!

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 5:38am
Frankly I'm tired of the lack of official communication from Asrock. I have the Fatality b450 mitx board/3600 and with the previous 3.30 bios I could get into windows 1 out of 20 times. After updating to 3.40 I can make it to the bios at the same rate but the system does a hard reboot when i make a selection. I've had this system for almost a month and it's useless. I regret buying this motherboard and especially regret giving asrock the benefit of the doubt that these issues would be resolved. I initiated a return through Newegg today but I'm sure they'll find a way to screw me as well.

Posted By: kkandy
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:28pm
Asrock sucks. I have waited for a long period of time for a new bios bases on the AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3. I had even sent a support request form to Asrock. But it did not give any response. I am planning to buy another mobo from MSI and will NEVER buy anything from Asrock again. F this Fking company that is ignoring its royal customers.

Posted By: Ray62
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:53am
Asrock either has problems fitting AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3AB into the little 16MBit flash for the first gen boards or they skip it because of the new 1.0.0.3ABB or both...

But anyway, all vendors have problems this time.

-------------
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:01pm
BIOS 5.90 (1.0.0.3 ABB) released today for the X370 Gaming ITX solved both my SATA M.2 detection issue as well as the boot loop with the R5 3600.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:12am
Originally posted by kkandy kkandy wrote:

Asrock sucks. I have waited for a long period of time for a new bios bases on the AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3. I had even sent a support request form to Asrock. But it did not give any response. I am planning to buy another mobo from MSI and will NEVER buy anything from Asrock again. F this Fking company that is ignoring its royal customers.

The current ranking of the vendors with fastest AGESA updates today:
1. Gigabyte
2. Asrock
3. Biostar
4. MSI
5. Asus

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/ultimative-am4-uefi-bios-agesa-ubersicht-06-08-19-a-1228903.html

-------------
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:35am
If the bios works.
B450 fatal1ty gaming itx/ac with bios 3.50 and still the bootloop issues.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:07am

If the bios works.

Your RAM G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-32GISB with SK-Hynix chips is not in the QVL(Pinnacle Ridge, no QVL for Matisse this time)

You maby will wait forever for a bios which runs this RAM with 3000MHz out of the box just by selecting XMS profile and frequency.

Try lower frequencies and/or get more familar with configuring RAM.
The DRAM Calculator and it's guide are a good start.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-6-0-3-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-8-dram-bench.html

-------------
Under test:

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:26am
Flashed my Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac to 3.50. Was able to boot once with my 3600 ... bootloop otherwise at so the score card looks like this:

3.30 1 successful boot
3.40 0 successful boots
4.50 1 successful boot

Posted By: WinWiz
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:52am
BIOS 6.0 with AGESA 1.0.0.3 is out!

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:33am
I have the same board/cpu and when I hit f2 to enter the bios the system hangs. I'm very frustrated. I bought this board specifically for this build and I waited too long to return it. With 3.30 I was able to get into windows but it's gotten progressively worse. The system worked like a champ so I guess I dont have a hardware issue...?

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

If the bios works.

Your RAM G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-32GISB with SK-Hynix chips is not in the QVL(Pinnacle Ridge, no QVL for Matisse this time)

You maby will wait forever for a bios which runs this RAM with 3000MHz out of the box just by selecting XMS profile and frequency.

Try lower frequencies and/or get more familar with configuring RAM.
The DRAM Calculator and it's guide are a good start.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-6-0-3-overclocking-dram-am4-membench-0-8-dram-bench.html

I've got another kit now (swap): Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30BESB.
Also not in the qvl, but ryzen ready according to crucial.
Still the same.

And the bootloop issues happen before any bios screen btw.
So I can't set it to default.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 12:44pm
If you have not already, check here for a more recent beta update:
https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

-------------

Posted By: PeterCxy
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
Tried new BIOS 3.50 on my B450 ITX/ac with 3900X. Still no luck. Bootloops all over the place.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:18am
The new 6.0 bios for the AB350 Fatal1ty ITX board is working great for me. No issues found so far. No more weird boot issues. Full RAM speed.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:59am
I gave up on waiting for asrock to fix the janky b450 itx bios so I bought a x570. I should have just saved myself the grief from the start. Everything works like a charm in the new board. I have corsair non-qvl 3200 mhz ram, 3600 and an rtx2060. I waited a month for Asrock to resolve the boot loop issue but they're just blaming it on the cpu/ram which is obviously not the case.

Posted By: Bol
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by PeterCxy PeterCxy wrote:

Tried new BIOS 3.50 on my B450 ITX/ac with 3900X. Still no luck. Bootloops all over the place.

Any resolution to this yet? Thanks

Posted By: dbHRGdb
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:37pm
hi There all,

I'd like to report, if still relative to anyone, that I did get my new R5-3600x running nice and normal using bios 5.81 on my Asrock b350 Fata1ity itx/ac FINALLY after days of tinkering with Corsair and Ballistics kits. To no avail even though with 1st gen Ryzen 1600, 1700 and 2400G had no probs with any reasonable setting or over clocks. Then I got a 16G kit of G-Skills 3200C16D-16GSXKB-16-18-18-38 from a friend in exchange for my Ballisticts kit. Soon after I managed to get into the bios after days of tinkering between my R5-1600 and bios' 4.70, 5.30, 5.70, and 6.0 which none of let me enter the bios with my usual AMD fore mentioned 3000 Corsair and 3200 Ballistics. Then I tried the G-Skills and got into bios 5.70 more often during boot cycles which I had let run over and over till it stopped cycling w/ just fans were full throttle and try again changing bios setting until i got less and less cycles between successful bios screens. what I realized is, Gen 1 boards or Gen 3 Ryzen 5 or the combo needs 1.4v on memory, memory set to 3000mhz because max Infinity Fabric on Gen 1 boards is 1500 max and it defaulted here setting different mem and voltage though all my attempts at successful boots. Also I cant restart the board, must be fully shut down to enable a stable boot that is and has been stable through all my test. Sometimes, i still get a boot cycle but only 1-3 times max and retain all setting as default in bios 5.81 (the ONLY bios that works for me WITH THESE G-SKILLS) Also, it improved further when after enabling XMP and setting mem down to 3000 with 1.4v, I then tightened timings from the stock 16-18-18-38 down to 14-16-16-36 and now my system is pretty consistent in all my benches and games, peppier and higher scores. eg. Cinebench before tightening was 1075 score :( to 1635 :) So, I hope this is helpful for someone out there. My games no longer experience the stuttering they once were with my R5-1600 being bottle necked. Now a Happy Camper here and new life out of my 1080ti and work bench!

-------------
B350Fata1ity-itx/ac R5-3600X-4.247ghz 16G-G.SKILLS-SNIPER-3200@3000MHZ NV-1080ti SS-SFX-700wGold

Posted By: lemons
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 5:49am
Even after upgrading to bios 6.00, I am unable to post using a Ryzen 7 3700x in AB350-Mini-ITX board. When I use my old Ryzen 5 2400g, everything works under bios 6.00.

Any pointers?

Posted By: lemons
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 6:07am
Nevermind! I forgot to plug the HDMI into the graphics card instead of using the integrated graphics on the MOBO. 3700x has no integrated graphics. Spent wayyyy too long on this. Everything working perfectly!

Posted By: Jungstar
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 4:10pm
I'm considering to buy that mobo (itx b450) but there is no list for Matisse approved ram and I like to run min 3200 cl 14...

Is it still all over the place with bios?

Posted By: Jungstar
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 4:11pm

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 3:04pm
@Junstar: Just use the Memory QVL (Pinnacle Ridge)
Matisse at least supports the RAM from the former CPU generation.

-------------
Under test:

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net