Forum Description: OC enthusiast's tech talk
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1561
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Skylade Non-K overclock issue
Posted By: borg79
Subject: Skylade Non-K overclock issue
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:08am
Would there be any SKY OC options in the bios for B150M and H110M motherboard ?  

What will be the good of having a DDR4 in phrase non-K OC  feature enabled BUT WITHOUT the SKY OC option ?  How to do BCLK overlock without the SKY OC setting ?

Replies:
Posted By: Neuron collider
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:58am
Originally posted by borg79 borg79 wrote:

Would there be any SKY OC options in the bios for B150M and H110M motherboard ?  

as far as i know, there should be an update.  It looks like you know it too.  We are alle waiting for it I guess.  I asked the question in the news section.

What will be the good of having a DDR4 in phrase non-K OC  feature enabled BUT WITHOUT the SKY OC option ?

I don't understand your question.  I can say i can run my -not suported- cruicial balistix sports at 2400 mhz, on auto-settings. this is great.

How to do BCLK overlock without the SKY OC setting ?

I can't find it neither.  I thought this was possible on haswell.

my question is:

Will overclocking my i5-6400 make the gpu to artifact?
somehow i don't really care, because its a crapy gpu.  But on the other side it's an option you can keep open.

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 2:27pm
Sky OC will disable the iGPU, CPU temperature monitoring and more, it is documented in many places.
There is no indication that non-Z or "Sky OC" will be added to non-Z platforms at this time.

Posted By: borg79
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 11:17am
My question is : "Without the Sky OC option, how do I overclock ?"

Even I flash the beta bios, get the DDR4 non-Z feature and set to "Sport+" option, will the memory  self adjust its  profile to perform memory overclock as the official video demostrated ( for 5% increase in performance) ?

I finally gave up on my H110M-HDV board and get the Z170M/ITX, it overlock my i5 6400 to 4G rock stable. (in SKY OC,  I just adjust the bclk from 100 to 150 mhz only , others default value)

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Neuron collider Neuron collider wrote:

[QUOTE=borg79]Would there be any SKY OC options in the bios for B150M and H110M motherboard ?  

as far as i know, there should be an updateIt looks like you know it too.  We are alle waiting for it I guess.  I asked the question in the news section.

[/QUOTE

Please add links to the information about the Sky OC option eventually being available with a BIOS update on B150 and H110 boards.

ASRock has NOT specifically stated that any other 100 series boards will get the Sky OC option via a BIOS update.

How can you know something when the information about it does not exist?

The problem I have with this is you are telling people that something will exist, when there is no definitive information available that it will in the future, or does exist at this time.

I see other false information in this thread that is related to misinformation people picked up somewhere. Such as Haswell processors being able to OC with the BCLK. That is false.

I just can't allow false or potentially false information to exist in this forum without it being corroborated or corrected. I suppose that is a dream... Wacko

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:14pm
There is no indication that there is now or will ever be a magic update that will add BCLK overclocking to any existing H110/H170 or B150 boards. I know a lot of people are hoping for this and that some are choosing to interpret ASRock's statement,
Quote While ASRock SKY OC breathes life into IntelĀ® non K series CPUs, currently it is still exclusive to motherboards with Intel's Z170 chipset. But have faith in ASRock's skillful engineers, sooner or later more Christmas gifts from ASRock are going to be delivered.
as meaning this will be the case but I cannot stress enough that this comment is not a confirmation from ASRock that non-Z boards will be receiving updates to enable Sky-OC. 

While Parsec and I have no issues with people posting what they would like to see we cannot tolerate dubious statements of fact that cite no factual references. There are numerous forum members and guests that may take such statements as fact and this could lead to all kinds of misunderstanding so please keep the comments speculative and make sure it is clear that you are posting theories not facts. If there were facts available to prove or disprove any of this Parsec and I would be aware of them.

All that said, enjoy the discussion and please continue sharing your thoughts and hopes regarding this feature. I think it is safe to say we are all excited about what SKY-OC means and what we can potentially do with it.

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 3:05am

My question is : "Without the Sky OC option, how do I overclock ?"

Even I flash the beta bios, get the DDR4 non-Z feature and set to "Sport+" option, will the memory  self adjust its  profile to perform memory overclock as the official video demostrated ( for 5% increase in performance) ?

I finally gave up on my H110M-HDV board and get the Z170M/ITX, it overlock my i5 6400 to 4G rock stable. (in SKY OC,  I just adjust the bclk from 100 to 150 mhz only , others default value)

You cannot OC on any non-Z board, without Sky OC.

The memory should OC using that feature, but you have a new board now so it doesn't matter anymore.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: tkcltoh
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 8:08pm
Hi,

I managed to overclock my i5-6400 with reference to the below overclocking.guide. However, my system refuse to bootup with error code: 00 after system shutdown. I had tested with clicking restart button from Windows 10 and did not encounter such problem.

I have tested using even 120 for bclk and it still does not work. The only way to recover the system is to reset the BIOS. Below is my system configuration and please advise any possible resolution?

http://overclocking.guide/overclocking-non-k-intel-skylake-cpus-performance-tests/

Thanks

i5-6400 
Z170 Extreme4
Cosair LPX 2x8G RAM
Sandisk Extreme 240G 
Sapphire R9280 Graphics card
TT Toughpower 750W PSU

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:48pm
Are you using BIOS version 2.43 from the "beta zone" section of your http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170%20Extreme4/?cat=Beta" rel="nofollow - product page ?

You need that BIOS to enable Sky OC.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 12:36am
Yes. I am using 2.43 and is able to overclock to 4.2 GHz. However, once I power down the system and power up again, the board will show 00 error code

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:56am
That is odd, are you using the UEFI to set the overclock or XTU?

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 2:00am
00? Lower your OC a step at a time and post what happens and when.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 8:00am
Yes. I am using UEFI to do overclocking

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 8:04am
Hi,

I have tried even with bclk set to 120 which is even lower than default 3.3GHz when turbo boast. For the first time after changing the setting in UEFI, there is no issue to boot into windows 10 and use it. When I perform restart from Windows 10 power button, there is also no issue. However, once I power down the system and power up again, I will end up with error code 00 and had to perform BIOS reset.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 1:55am
After flashing to ver 2.6, i managed to overclock with bclk set 145, RAM frequency 2172 and vcolt at 1.35V.

However, I will get code 04 and I need to press the reset button then the system will be able to boot into the system.... 

It seems like 145 is the maximum I can reach at this point of time. 

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 2:24am
That is at least an improvement. You have to understand that non-K overclocking is a very new feature and not one officially supported by intel so there are bound to be some issues with it. Many of these will likely be fixed but likely not all. 

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 3:15am
with the latest ver2.70, it seems to fix some of the stability issue. Now, I am able to OC to 4320 MHz with bclk set to 160 with no error code issue.
however, wins 10 crash when bclk set to 167.

Shall monitor for a while before further tuning.  

Posted By: peroni
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 3:49am
Your CPU has a 33x multiplier
With a BLCK of 160 you would get over 5 GHz.
Are you using the non turbo multiplier of 27x?

UEFI does not allow you to force the 33x multiplier but you can get around that by using Asrock A-Tuning tool in windows.

You could lower BCLK to 130 with 33x and still get ~ 4300MHz

-------------
Z170 PRO4
i5 6600
2x8GB Corsair DDR3000
SSD 950 Pro (OS) 850 Evo (data)
GTX 960 4GB
2x LCD

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:03am
Yea. It's a teeter-totter effect.

BCLK or RAM MHz

Somewhere between the two in there is ideal.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 4:21pm
My multiplier has set at 27x when i choose non-turbo

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net