Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16387
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 9:38am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nahimic driver outdated
Posted By: LordyHun
Subject: Nahimic driver outdated
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 4:18pm
Since the last update to the Nahimic windows app (about 2 weeks ago), it doesn't work, because it needs at least v2.5 of NahimicService, and the latest available for motherboards (like my B550 Phantom Gaming 4) is v2.3.

All major MB manufacturers have since updated their driver packages, except ASRock, which still only has the v1.002 of their NahimicUtility package.

I kind of need the features which Nahimic has provided (also, I'm a bit furious that a few months old MB is not getting software updates). I've tried contacting customer support directly, but I've yet to receive a response from them.

Should I be expecting a driver update soon, or should I just buy a dedicated sound card or another motherboard instead?
(I don't need a DAC, so it seems to be a bit silly for me to buy a dedicated sound card, but ehh.)

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:52pm
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nahimic is a 3rd party feature that is basically just a software package. If
your board supports it then the latest version of it should just work. Download
it from it's official source (linked) and see if that resolves your issue.

I will pass along the issue to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they will update
the download pages (where applicable) soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:06pm
Dear Xaltar,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately the latest version which I can download for my board at https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/#Download

is version 1.002, which has version 2.3 of NahimicService bundled (check "Nahimic3 utility").

The Nahimic Windows APP (what you've linked) uses these services to provide its features, it's basically a frontend extension to the Nahimic software bundle. It's a Windows Store app, and the latest available version of it needs at least v2.5 of NahimicService to work. The Nahimic software bundle is provided by the motherboard manufacturer.

I have already reached out to Nahimic's support, and apparently they've sent the updated version of their software package to all MB manufacturers. Most have already made the new drivers available to their customers, based on what I could see on the Nahimic forums, only ASRock users like myself didn't get an update (it's not just my MB model, no MBs have received updates to their Nahimic-related utilities).

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:44pm
I see, none of my boards have it so I couldn't check. I suspect they are running
a little behind on updating the website. I know their web team is very small.
In the mean time, try one of the driver downloads for any of the boards you mentioned
that already have the update, I suspect if they use the same audio codec it should
work with your board even if it is from another brand/model, unless it is coded
to check for a BIOS string to verify the board model for licensing reasons.

-------------

Posted By: Mr_Hunter
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:02pm
Any news on this?
I have the same problem with an B550 Board from ASRock.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
Since I'm a SW developer with over a decade of experience AND I've lost patience and faith in an official reply, I've combined another manufacturer's drivers package with the one made by ASRock and stuff's been working for me since.

... and I'm pretty sure that based on this level of support, I'm not going to be a returning customer for ASRock boards. Literally all other manufacturers have updated their Nahimic drivers weeks ago.

Posted By: Mr_Hunter
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Yesterday i got a new Version from the ASRock Support with Email.

If you want to Test it PN me and you get the Link.

Posted By: MadScientist
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:53am
A big THANKSto Mr_Hunter for the link. Nahimic3 v.200925 is working with my B550 Phantom Gaming 4 MB and the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC

Posted By: saihtam
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 1:46am
Could someone send me the files also? I have ASRock B550M Pro4

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:00am
@saihtam Link sent.

You would think that the Asrock techs would get off their collective arses and update the Nahimic app download.

Posted By: Manp
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:36pm
Thanks to Mr_Hunter for the link. i can confirm the problem is fixed with the updated Nahimic package provided.

basically AsRock have one of their bullet point features completely non functional on a range of their products, but for whatever reason they only give the means to fix it to people who send them a request?

man...

Posted By: zeu
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 12:16am
I Have a B550M PRO4, can someone send me the link ?

Posted By: bphillips09
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 5:15am
Same here, please! I have the B550

Posted By: dariusz.c90
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 6:29am
please send me link also

Posted By: alfonso_nunez
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
Can someone send me the drivers? I have had the same problem with a B550M PRO4 motherboard. Actually, I installed Nahimic form the oficial site of ASRock and it was totally working but suddenly it showed me the sing that my PC was not able to run it.

Posted By: awan
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 5:38am
Please PM me the driver link also... i am unable to use it (it worked before)

Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:11pm
Dear LordyHun,
Thank you for posting.

For this case, we would suggest downloading the new version Nahimic from following link and install it to try.
Nahimic 1.4.14: https://drive.google.com/file/d/163YAekW7FhK58Wm5dhfIkfr7XFoygo02/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

Posted By: noelman8
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 7:17pm
guys

it seems ASRock did quietly posted the updated Nahimic utility package - v1.4.15 earlier this week - at least for the B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac motherboard:

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming%204ac/index.asp#Download

use this one for almost any ASRock board that supports Nahimic 3

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:43am
and there is an updated Realtek UAD Nahimic driver available - v9030 listed as a "beta" driver for certain boards like B550 Phantom Gaming 4

https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Realtek_Audio(v9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic).zip

ASRock posted this on Oct. 30 on the web site - better late than never I guess

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I will pass along the issue to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they will update

The Microsoft Store recently has version 1.5.1 of the Nahimic3 Utility app.

after updating the Nahimic3 app from 1.4.15 to 1.5.1 from MS store, reboot and check to see if this new version works with the Realtek 9030.1 UAD Nahimic driver.

otherwise, ASRock may have to ask Realtek for newer drivers (higher than 9030) to work with this new version of the Nahimic3 utility app

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by noelman8 noelman8 wrote:

The Microsoft Store recently has version 1.5.1 of the Nahimic3 Utility app.

after updating the Nahimic3 app from 1.4.15 to 1.5.1 from MS store, reboot and check to see if this new version works with the Realtek 9030.1 UAD Nahimic driver.

otherwise, ASRock may have to ask Realtek for newer drivers (higher than 9030) to work with this new version of the Nahimic3 utility app

not even one month after AsRock releases the driver it's already outdated. i can confirm the latest version from the MS Store doesn't work as it requires a new driver.

i'm not sure what is the point in integrating a function into your motherboard if you have no intetion of properly support it.

nice job AsRock, now we wait 6 more months for an update

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:09am
Nahimic Version: 1.5.1 works fine on my Phantom 4 Gaming MB with Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC, so why even mess around with the Realtek beta drivers.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by MadScientist MadScientist wrote:

Nahimic Version: 1.5.1 works fine on my Phantom 4 Gaming MB with Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC, so why even mess around with the Realtek beta drivers.

good question.

then why is the 9030.1 Realtek audio Nahimic driver listed TWICE for the B550 Taichi motherboard? (once at the top of the downloads page for B550 Taichi board dated 11/16/2020 and near the bottom dated 10/30/2020 as a "beta")

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Taichi/index.asp#Download

ASRock support should explain themselves why they did this

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:40am
All the Asrock B550 MBs, except the Taichi, have the 9030.1 listed ONCE as [Beta] Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic.
An Asrock screw up?
Beta drivers, as most of us are aware, are in the "testing" stage of development, and although finished and applicable, they may not be perfect.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:10am

good for you i guess... 1.5.1 doesn't work for me with any on the drivers listed for my MB... beta or not...
not that i think it matters... it's the Nahimic driver that's outdated

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:57pm

@Manp
As already posted by Xaltar, Nahimic is a software package, not a driver. I suggest, if you have not already tried, to uninstall from Settings, Apps, Nahimic; uninstall Realtek audio driver from Control Panel, Programs and Features, reboot.
Download and install Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC.
Download and install Nahimic 1.5.1 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab Reboot.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
@Manp
What motherboard do you have? Does it support Nahimic?

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:45pm
B550 Phantom Gaming ITX

btw the Nahimic package provided by AsRock (latest version available is 200925) does install a driver, it's the Nahimic APO Software Component Driver.

if i manually install the Nahimic App provided with the same package (file name fad502ab886441f88baa4a0b9afa3c09.appxbundle version 1.4.something) everything works.

but as soon as the MS Appstore auto update the app to 1.5.1 the app stops working saying that the driver is not up to date. i believe the app is referring to the Nahimic APO driver, not the Realtek one. even the latest beta version of the realtek driver provided by AsRock contain the exact same Nahimic package v.200925

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:02am
I opened up Device Manager and under Software Components I found A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component. The driver date is 9-2-2020, V3.0.0.0. It must have been installed when I installed Nahimic3 utility ver:1.4.15, aka, v200925.
Is this the driver you are referring to?

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:36am
Yeah mine looks exactly the same but Nahimic app 1.5.1 keep saying the driver is not updated. Previous version of the app works

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:25am
More updates, I just got a popup on my computer that Nahimic was updated to V1.5.2. It's working and the driver under Software Components in Device Manager has not changed.
What's new on Nahimic 1.5.2?

- Equalizer bugfix
- Compatibility issues fixed
- New supported models

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:18am
Thanks for the heads up, i?™ll check it out as soon as i can

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:16am
same exact problem with Nahimic App 1.5.2
keeps saying driver is outdated

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:34pm
ASRock recently released a 6.0.9066.1 Realtek audio driver for some boards like B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#Download

try the 9066 driver on your board, Manp

if no improvement, ASRock may have to release a newer version of the Nahimic3 utility package

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:37pm

ASRock recently released a 6.0.9066.1 Realtek audio driver for some boards like B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#Download

try the 9066 driver on your board, Manp

if no improvement, ASRock may have to release a newer version of the Nahimic3 utility package

will try those then. thanks!

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm
Except for the B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac MB, for all other MBs Asrock has moved the 9030.1 driver out of beta. https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Drivers
So I downloaded it and installed it, and Nahimic V1.5.2 got borked.

But then this popped up. WTH

Clicked on Update, got this and Nahimic is working, again.

So, yeah, Manp was right, with the latest Realtek driver updates you need the Nahimic driver update.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:05am
Oh thanks I?™ll try that later!

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:06am
What a mess btw

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Manp Manp wrote:

What a mess btw

yup. a mess indeed.

ASRock really needs to ask Nahimic support for newer "Extension" driver files like AVoluteNH3Ext.inf & NH3ProductSettings.cab as those files from the Nahimic3 v1.4.15 utility package are nearly 7 months old (dating back to 4/30/2020). Nahimic creator truly needs to package more ASRock specific presets files in NH3ProductSettings.cab for supported ASRock boards if they want them to work with newer Nahimic3 app versions like 1.5.1 or higher.

MSI, on the other hand, has recently updated their Realtek audio driver to 6.0.9049.1 on their web site and has Nahimic SWC driver 3.1.0.0 [slightly newer than what ASRock has] and newer MSI based preset files in their version of NH3ProductSettings.cab in the Nahimic extension driver.

gotta keep up, ASRock

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm
I think that "Nahimic companion" thing is from the Nahimic Mirroring component driver.

like I said before - ASRock needs to get in touch with Nahimic and obtain newer AVoluteNH3Ext.inf & NH3ProductSettings.cab files, especially AVoluteNH3Ext.inf and provide a newer Nahimic utility package that also includes the Nahimic mirroring driver.

the recent MSI versions of AVoluteNH3Ext.inf add the Nahimic Mirroring driver components but other OEM versions of AVoluteNH3Ext.inf from ASRock and Gigabyte do not add the Nahimic Mirroring driver.

I think that Nahimic Mirroring driver is needed (or required) for the Nahimic 1.5.x or higher app versions to work correctly.

MSI is already ahead in the game and few other manufacturers like ASRock and Gigabyte are falling behind in supporting newer versions of the Nahimic app.

a "mess"? more like a "train wreck"

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:52pm
I updated the realtek driver to 9066, the app to 1.5.2 and the swc driver to 3.1.0 and it still says the driver is outdated. I really don?™t know...

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 12:17am
Strange. It should have worked. I'm just throwing this out there, but have you updated your computer to the the latest Windows 10 version. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS Build 19042.630 that recently came out. You can download and install it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 12:33am
Windows is up to date

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:35am
@Manp

can you download & run the DriverStore Explorer (rapr.exe) tool from the following site:
https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases

and look at the "Extensions" section. need to know what version of the AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file you have installed.

I suspect that the Nahimic Extension INF file AVoluteNH3Ext.inf from ASRock is the problem. not with the Realtek audio drivers - yup it DOES NOT MATTER what Realtek driver version you use, it is the version of the Nahimic Extension INF file that counts.

I also read in a few other forums that the 1.5.x versions of the Nahimic3 app have some sort of secret "VendorName" or VendorID checks in them and only the recent versions of the AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file are supposed to created the PKEY_VendorName and VendorName registry entries. If those VendorName entries do not exist, then the 1.5.x versions of the Nahimic3 app will continue to show "not up to date" or "not compatible" messages.

I've said it at least THREE times in my previous post - ASRock needs to obtain new Nahimic Extension driver files like AVoluteNH3Ext.inf and NH3ProductSettings.cab and the newest AVoluteNH3Ext.inf files should include the "VendorName" entries.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:48am
Will do once i?™ll have some free time to spare

Posted By: mapleglass
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 4:40pm
I'm encountering this issue as well.

@noelman8: Running that tool, my version of avolutenh3ext.inf is 1.0.4.63373 (driver date 4/21/20).

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:50am
You can access your AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file by going to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRespository\avolutenh3extinf_amd64_c9c84936c277ff77
When I open AVoluteNH3Ext.inf in Notepad this is what I get:
[Version]
Signature   = "$WINDOWS NT$"
Class       = Extension
ClassGuid   = {e2f84ce7-8efa-411c-aa69-97454ca4cb57}
Provider    = %Provider%
ExtensionId = {ce86418f-53d0-b4e5-36b3-3d0907cfa3b4}
DriverVer = 04/21/2020,1.0.4.63373
CatalogFile = AVoluteNH3Ext.cat

[SourceDisksNames]
222 = %DiskId1%

[SourceDisksFiles]
NH3ProductSettings.cab=222

[DestinationDirs]
AVoluteProdSettings.CopyList = 11,\A-Volute\AGSConfigurator     ; Windows\System32\A-Volute\AGSConfigurator\

[AVoluteProdSettings.CopyList]
NH3ProductSettings.cab

[Manufacturer]
%Provider% = DeviceExtensions,NTamd64

[DeviceExtensions.NTamd64]
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_18491203
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492224
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_18491204
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492225
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492226
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492227
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18492228
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = DeviceExtension_Install,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1849888A

[DeviceExtension_Install]
CopyFiles = AVoluteProdSettings.CopyList
AddReg    = ProductId_AddReg

[ProductId_AddReg]
HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\EP\0,%PKEY_PRODUCTID%,,%PRODUCTID%

HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysRecCustomizedFx\EP\0,%PKEY_PRODUCTID%,,%PRODUCTID%

HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysRecVolCustomizedFx\EP\0,%PKEY_PRODUCTID%,,%PRODUCTID%

[DeviceExtension_Install.Components]
AddComponent = AVOLUTE_NH3APO,,APO_Install

[APO_Install]
ComponentIDs = VEN_AVOL&AID_0D00
Description = "A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component"

[Strings]
Provider                   = "A-Volute"
Device.ExtensionDesc      = "A-Volute APO Extension"
DiskId1                   = "A-Volute Extension Installation Disk"
PKEY_PRODUCTID               = "{F363DF17-A750-4AC3-B7B5-2BBEFFA9085F},11"
PRODUCTID                    = "A-Volute.Nahimic"

There is nothing referring to Asrock as the Vendor Name. https://github.com/shibajee/realtek-uad-nahimic-mod/issues/8

The driver version is 04/21/2020,1.0.4.63373 but when I right click on the file and under Properties it says it was modified on November 27,2020, the same date I downloaded and installed the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic, and Nahimic 1.5.2 updated itself by downloading and installing the Nahimic Companion Driver Version (SWC) 3.1.0. (see previous post).

Anyone having issues with Nahimic 3 V1.5.2 not working what I would do is start at the beginning, uninstall the Nahimic 3 app from Settings-Apps, uninstall the Realtek audio drivers, from Control Panel-Programs and Features uninstall any Asrock Nahimic software if still there, open up Device Manager and if it's there under Software Components uninstall the A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component.

Then from your MB's Asrock download page download and install the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic and Nahimic3 utility ver:1.4.15. It may or may not auto update itself to V1.5.2 from the Microsoft store and the Nahimic Companion Driver 3.1.0.

If not you can download V1.5.2 manually from the Microsoft store and install it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Why install Asrock's Nahimic3 utility ver:1.4.15 first and not go straight to installing Nahimic V1.5.2?? IMO, and I may be full of it, the Asrock version installs files that are needed for updated versions??

To sum this up, and my last post on this subject, this is what works for me:
Nahimic V1.5.2 + Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC + A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component V3.0.0 (now known as the Nahimic Companion)

Nahimic V1.5.2 + Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic + Nahimic Companion Driver V3.1.0

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:12am
Originally posted by mapleglass mapleglass wrote:

I'm encountering this issue as well.

@noelman8: Running that tool, my version of avolutenh3ext.inf is 1.0.4.63373 (driver date 4/21/20).

same exact thing here.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:13am

To sum this up, and my last post on this subject, this is what works for me:
Nahimic V1.5.2 + Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC + A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component V3.0.0 (now known as the Nahimic Companion)

Nahimic V1.5.2 + Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic + Nahimic Companion Driver V3.1.0

tried that already, no difference.

Posted By: garcon
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 6:01pm
I also couldn't run the Nahimic App with:
Nahimic v1.5.2 + Realtek driver v9066.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic + Nahimic Companion Driver v3.1.0.

But once I switched my audio output device from my bluetooth headphones to the wired headphones (connected to the audio jack on motherboard IO), the app works fine for me.

Now I switched the audio device back to the bluetooth headphones and unplugged the cable. The Nahimic app still works well.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by garcon garcon wrote:

I also couldn't run the Nahimic App with:
Nahimic v1.5.2 + Realtek driver v9066.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic + Nahimic Companion Driver v3.1.0.

But once I switched my audio output device from my bluetooth headphones to the wired headphones (connected to the audio jack on motherboard IO), the app works fine for me.

Now I switched the audio device back to the bluetooth headphones and unplugged the cable. The Nahimic app still works well.

me that actually worked. i had to connect a random pair of headphones to be able to change output device but once i did that the app started working.

thanks for sharing man!

Posted By: goldv2
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 3:13pm
I recently got a B550M PRO4 and I tried installing Nahimic, and I can't get it to work either. I have installed the Realtek drivers that are available on the support page, that comes with the Realtek Audio Console. My current Realtek driver version is 6.0.9030.1. I installed the latest Nahimic drivers with the Nahimic Companion v1.1.1. Inside the companion I can see that my Nahimic version is 1.5.2 and the Driver version (SWC) is 3.1.0. I find it interesting that the Nahimic app that was installed from the Windows Store says that it only supports MSI, GIGABYTE, and 8th gen Intel CPUS.

Could anyone help me getting this app to work properly?

-------------
Rafael Almeida

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:20pm
@Manp
Congrats at finally getting Nahimic to work, although I have found little difference in the sound quality of my 2.1 Logitech speakers when enabling it and changing its settings and/or its equalizer.
@goldv2
Try going to Settings-System-Sound and up on the right corner of the page click on Sound Control Panel and make sure that the default device is set to what you are using. Mine is set to Speakers.

Posted By: mapleglass
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 1:18am
Wow, that is wild! Yeah, I plugged a pair of headphones into the motherboard, selected them for audio output, restarted Nahimic, and it loads up.

Unplugged the headphones, and it's still all good. I am using audio over HDMI, so it's not a bluetooth-specific thing FYI.

Just wow.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:14am
So I have everything up to date and it should be working. I can also open the Nahimic WS app and it doesn't say that my drivers are outdated. However, none of the effects work, like bass boost, voice, treble, nor surround sound. Some effects do work on the microphone, but not all.

I hypothesized that that could have ben the problem, but I do have the default devices set to the ones I am using. I think I heard someone saying that if you change the defaults and then change back it should work again, so I will to reinstall Nahimic and do that.

-------------
Rafael Almeida

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:59am
@MadScientist
I got Nahimic to work with my monitor's speakers, and after uninstalling my speakers device and restarting my computer, it finally works on my headset. However, I can't notice a different whenever I turn on surround sound while listening to music and listening to the test provided inside of Nahimic. Nonetheless, I can use the equalizer now and sound equalization.

Something weird that is happening with me is that whenever I unplug my headset from the MB IO, it still shows up as available on my sound control panel. Not sure why that is.

-------------
Rafael Almeida

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:22am
Originally posted by goldv2 goldv2 wrote:

@MadScientist
I got Nahimic to work with my monitor's speakers, and after uninstalling my speakers device and restarting my computer, it finally works on my headset. However, I can't notice a different whenever I turn on surround sound while listening to music and listening to the test provided inside of Nahimic. Nonetheless, I can use the equalizer now and sound equalization.

Besides myself and others you are not the only one. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17422&title=nahimic-does-not-work-b550m-pro4
Several complaints on the reddit?Asrock forum about this.
MB companies should do away with this Nahimic crap and bring back the old Realtek Audio Console.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:46am

Originally posted by goldv2 goldv2 wrote:

@MadScientist

Besides myself and others you are not the only one. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17422&title=nahimic-does-not-work-b550m-pro4
Several complaints on the reddit?Asrock forum about this.
MB companies should do away with this Nahimic crap and bring back the old Realtek Audio Console.

I have the Realtek Audio Console, but it's not as rich in features like the Nahimic App. When I installed the Realtek drivers, the Realtek Audio Console installed by itself through the WS.

-------------
Rafael Almeida

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:30am
ASRock recently released this Nahimic 3 v1.5.2 utility package for certain ASRock B560 series boards & possibly for other recently released mobos

https://download.asrock.com/Utility/Nahimic/Nahimic3(v201125).zip

but it appears to be for next gen ASRock boards with recent chipsets like Z590/B560/H570 and uses Nahimic APO4 integration files instead of the Nahimic APO3 files and may not work for slightly older boards with Z490/H470/B550 chipsets. the Nahimic 3 v1.5.x app can use either the APO3 or APO4 set of integration files (but not both).

Posted By: Jeff_TH
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 6:57am
Mad Scientist, saw your posts on Anandtech forum, and here on ASRock forum re Nahimic driver issues. I'm a new ASRock user, having recently purchased the B550 Phantom Gaming 4. I'm waiting on a few additional items before I begin my install. Didn't think I'd run into audio driver issues, but after reading both forums I see there has been Nahimic issues.

If the current B550 Phantom 4 Gaming drivers have not cleared up the issues could you please send me the drivers w/ which you've had success.

TIA,

Jeff

-------------
Jeff Heyen

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Jeff_TH Jeff_TH wrote:

Mad Scientist, saw your posts on Anandtech forum, and here on ASRock forum re Nahimic driver issues. I'm a new ASRock user, having recently purchased the B550 Phantom Gaming 4. I'm waiting on a few additional items before I begin my install. Didn't think I'd run into audio driver issues, but after reading both forums I see there has been Nahimic issues.

If the current B550 Phantom 4 Gaming drivers have not cleared up the issues could you please send me the drivers w/ which you've had success.

TIA,

Jeff

I'm using the currently available from Asrock Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/index.asp#Download
They have updated Nahimic3 to V1.5.2 but the latest is now V1.5.7.
You can install V1.5.7 from the Microsoft store. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 4:29am
When Nahimic3 updated itself to V1.5.7 and a new companion driver it quit working. No matter what I tried it would not load. Enough, I decided to totally uninstall Nahimic. It buries itself deep when installed. It took me an hour to get it completely uninstalled, including stopping services, purging the registry of everything Nahimic and A-Volute, and deleting its folders from Windows/System32/DriverStore/FileRepository.

I re-installed the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic and the Realtek Audio Control Panel. Did Microsoft or Realtek update it because now it has all the functions the old one had.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:41am
the newest Realtek audio driver by ASRock is v6.0.9079.1 from this link (though listed for several Z590 & H570 boards but may work with some other ASRock boards):

https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Realtek_Audio(v9079.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic).zip

this version should also obtain v1.20.238.0 of the Realtek Audio Console App from the MS store.

--

it seems that the Nahimic 3 v1.5.7 app is for newer ASRock boards only (ones with Z590, B560 & H570 chipsets) and won't work for older boards

and recently looking at the latest Utilities download page:
https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Utilities
the older Nahimic 1.4.15 utility app has been released for older boards (and not the newer 1.5.2 version)

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:12am

the newest Realtek audio driver by ASRock is v6.0.9079.1 from this link (though listed for several Z590 & H570 boards but may work with some other ASRock boards):

https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Realtek_Audio(v9079.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic).zip

this version should also obtain v1.20.238.0 of the Realtek Audio Console App from the MS store.

--

it seems that the Nahimic 3 v1.5.7 app is for newer ASRock boards only (ones with Z590, B560 & H570 chipsets) and won't work for older boards

and recently looking at the latest Utilities download page:
https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Utilities
the older Nahimic 1.4.15 utility app has been released for older boards (and not the newer 1.5.2 version)

If you install Asrock's Nahimic V1.4.15, which is outdated, it will not work until it updates itself to V1.5.7 and its new companion driver. V1.5.7 is the only version available from the Microsoft store. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Somehow trying to get V1.5.7 to work and uninstalling and re-installing the Realtek audio drivers it also installed the full version of the Realtek Audio Console (see last post). Don't know how and probably can not do it again, so staying with what I have. I DO NOT need or want Nahimic. Thanks though for letting us know that v6.0.9079.1 is available.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:39am
I recently checked the Latest Utilities page from ASRock's web site and saw a "Nahimic3 utility ver:210913_APO3" download listed for the B550 Taichi motherboard dated 9/24/2021:
https://asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Utilities" rel="nofollow - https://asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Utilities

but when I go to the B550 Taichi motherboard downloads page:
https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Taichi/index.asp#Download" rel="nofollow - https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Taichi/index.asp#Download
it still lists the outdated Nahimic3 utility ver:1.4.15 download.

like WTF/WTH, ASRock? do they actually have ver. 210913_APO3 of the Nahimic 3 utility posted or not?

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 4:26am
I totally uninstalled Nahimic and A-Volute off of my system months ago. I had to dig deep to totally get rid of it. Asrock is terrible about keeping their MB drivers updated. I don't download any of my drivers from them.

I am currently using Realtek Audio driver 6.0.9219.1. You can download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

From Nahimic's website the current version from the Microsoft Store is 1.8.9.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:58pm
Realtek Audio driver 6.0.9225.1 is now available from Microsoft Update catalog.
[URL= ] https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9225.1%5b" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9225.1[ /URL]

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:42pm
Update 10/11, 6.0.9229.1 available.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9228.1" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9228.1

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:27pm
Update 11/14. From the MUC. https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9244.1" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9244.1 and Realtek Software Components 11.0.6000.968 https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.968%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.968%20

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:51pm
Update 12/14 From the MUC https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=9261" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=9261 and https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.980" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.980

I'm assuming that most know how to install drivers from a cab file. https://pureinfotech.com/install-cab-file-windows-10/" rel="nofollow - https://pureinfotech.com/install-cab-file-windows-10/ Same for Windows 11. I prefer just to extract them and update them from Device Manager.

Posted By: spacednow
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 6:16pm
I have a B550 and just recently finished fighting the audio problems. What I finally did was install realteck driver and then update. Still no sound. Then I reran Nahimic install and updated it to the latest version. Then FINALLY figured the thing out. I only have 1 set of speakers - but if you open enable 7.1 and then go to the speaker setup and run test - then the sound comes thru. I left it enabled AND disabled all the other speakers, leaving just the main enabled. It works now. I guessing it doesn't use jack sensing. Whatever, IDK - just glad I finally have sound. Did the same on win 10 and 11 and works on both now. Oddly it took very little effort to get the speaker working in windows 7.

-------------
The more you learn the less you know.

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by spacednow spacednow wrote:

I have a B550 and just recently finished fighting the audio problems. What I finally did was install realteck driver and then update. Still no sound. Then I reran Nahimic install and updated it to the latest version. Then FINALLY figured the thing out. I only have 1 set of speakers - but if you open enable 7.1 and then go to the speaker setup and run test - then the sound comes thru. I left it enabled AND disabled all the other speakers, leaving just the main enabled. It works now. I guessing it doesn't use jack sensing. Whatever, IDK - just glad I finally have sound. Did the same on win 10 and 11 and works on both now. Oddly it took very little effort to get the speaker working in windows 7.

I stopped messing with that Nahimic crap months ago on my Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 MB and run the latest Realtek audio and software component drivers on my 2.1 speakers. I have them set to stereo in the Realtek Audio Console. Sound is great.

Here are the links to the latest driver.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9268.1" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9268.1

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.986" rel="nofollow - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.986

And if you would like to try pal1000's Realtek drivers here's the link. You can also download and install the latest Realtek Audio Control Console 1.32.261 from there.
https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases/tag/6.0.9282.1" rel="nofollow - https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases/tag/6.0.9282.1

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:58pm

Forgot to add that I also have them set to Stereo in Control Panel-Sound-Spekers-Configure. You can also access this in Settings-System-Sound.

Posted By: spacednow
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:38am
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Still working as I had it on windows 11, but on 10 I had to roll back the driver. It worked but now win 10 won't shut down. It'll restart just fine but if you select shutdown the screen freaks out like a bad video driver. I messed with it and no change, but rolling back the audio everything works - except the sound.

-------------
The more you learn the less you know.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
Instead of me posting the most current Realtek audio drivers and software components here from MUC, for future reference, go here to get them: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/182081-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-3-a-40.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/182081-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-3-a-40.html

Posted By: Dalton2710
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 11:20am

Thanks a lot! I figured it out how to have sound back thanks to ur way.
I had some audio issue after the nahimic was updated. But now my audio works again

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 1:53am
from this reddit site

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nahimic/comments/umyrdj/how_to_fix_nahimic_application_has_failed_to/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/Nahimic/comments/umyrdj/how_to_fix_nahimic_application_has_failed_to/

there's a link to the ASRock APO3 file package (although it has APO3 SWC 3.5.0.0 driver, it also has v1.2.2.0 of the A-volute "Extension" driver that does have the necessary "Vendor ID" entries that should make it work for newer versions of the Nahimic UWP app) - get that ASRock-NahimicRestoreTool-APO3-SWCv3.5.0.0-EXTv1.2.2.0.exe file, save it, run it and reboot

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net