URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19201
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 5:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: H510 PRO BTC+
Posted By: supraadam
Subject: H510 PRO BTC+
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 4:30am
I am having issues with my H510 PRO BTC+

If I install more than one gpu into the motherboard the second gpu will get an error code 12 in device manager saying this device cannot find enough recources.

I have gone through the bios and cannnot find any setting to fix this. I have increased the virtual memory.

I just find it hard to believe that a motherboard that is designed for crypto mining and designed to support multiple gpus cant actually run more than one.

Replies:
Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 5:51pm
Hi Supraadam,

Thank you for your post.

Could you provide more information (like CPU, GPU...)?

We need more information to help you more.

All the best
ASRock TSD

Posted By: usafmike76
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:31am
I've currently got 3 running with 2 power supplies. trying to add a couple more. I have a RX 5700 and 5700 xt to install. neither worked. the red devil XT had lights on but kept locking up my system after booting. I'm going to try a couple things later on it.

the other 5700 I'm not sure yet. still need to investigate.

The first 3 worked pretty well. waiting on a 3070 as well to come in.

1 - rtx 3080
2- rx 6800

Posted By: iandiz
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:40am
same here... only 2 of 6 cards are detected ?¥²

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 8:34am
I?™ve got my 3080, 2 6800?™s & now 2 3070?™s running. I moved the 5700 xts to a different board.

How are you powering the pcie molex connection on the board?

I?™m not sure what the correct way to do that is. I?™m using the molex on the SATA cables.

Posted By: Wiamp3
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:39am
"error code 12 in device manager saying this device cannot find enough recources."
Same here , over and over again.
Bios update, windows settings, bios settings. I tried everything - for hours. Pci Slots all Gen1 to Gen2 to Gen3 .. ich played with every settings in the 1.10 Bios.
I changed windows settings + registry = no effect.

More : The H510 Pro BTC+ ist incompatible with almost all M2. Key SSDs.
One that is working is a Kingston A400 B+M Key.

I am dissapointed with this board. Poor compatibility.
Nothing but trouble.

Dear ASROCK , did you ever tried multiGPU on a H510-Pro BTC+ `
HELP HELP.

Posted By: amalik
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 1:42pm
Did anyone find a solution for this? I am running into similar issue. Only my GPU0 is mining at the moment and GPU1 is powered on, but not mining.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 7:12pm
I?™m running a samsung m2 just fine. Built most of it on newegg builder.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by amalik amalik wrote:

Did anyone find a solution for this? I am running into similar issue. Only my GPU0 is mining at the moment and GPU1 is powered on, but not mining.
does the board beep at all? What?™s your power supply and gpu0?

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 7:14pm
I should say I?™m not running windows on it. Hiveos

Posted By: milesCadence
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 10:02pm
H510 owner here, I was never able to boot my machine into HiveOS. I would love to hear your process.

Now, forced to a windows build to get up and running, but every time I install my GPU, the system no longer boots and gives me the 5 beep error. The system boots with no issues without a GPU installed.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:52am
Originally posted by milesCadence milesCadence wrote:

H510 owner here, I was never able to boot my machine into HiveOS. I would love to hear your process.

Now, forced to a windows build to get up and running, but every time I install my GPU, the system no longer boots and gives me the 5 beep error. The system boots with no issues without a GPU installed.
I would and still get that beep sometimes. It seems after its been off for awhile. Usually a reset or repower and it goes away. the beep is the graphics card issue. I installed my HiveOs on the M2 drive. but you can run it from a usb just fine.

if i reboot from Hive it comes back just fine without any issues. Maybe try swapping GPU's in that first slot. I run a 3080 in that one. the 6800 ran fine there.

I'd say try the reset or hold the power button and then restart. if it's beeping it's a seating issue. if it's booting in windows it should be fine in Hive. seems to work for me.

Posted By: tmt101
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 4:25am

-------------
TMT

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:23am
What are you guys mounting this thing on? I may get another but my biggest issue is how to Mount the dang thing. Nothing goes to it.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by tmt101 tmt101 wrote:

just 1 gpu? Or are you trying to fo multiple at start?   Update the bios & try 1 at a time. Maybe you have an issue with the power or the pcie slot itself. Those 5 beeps are gpu or cpu issues.

What gpu are you using. Power supply. Cpu. Memory. Basically what is your build exactly?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by usafmike76 usafmike76 wrote:

just 1 gpu? Or are you trying to fo multiple at start?   Update the bios & try 1 at a time. Maybe you have an issue with the power or the pcie slot itself. Those 5 beeps are gpu or cpu issues.

What gpu are you using. Power supply. Cpu. Memory. Basically what is your build exactly?
also memory. What do you have and if you have 2 mem cards are they in the right dlots on the board. Should be a dlot between them.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:11am

Hey did you try to adjust the C.A.M. (clever access memory) in the BIOS, Advanced, Chipset Configuratio?

I updated my BIOS to the current one and when I booted into Hive i was only seeing 1 GPU. I changed some of the PCIE settings but nothing worked. So i put them back in Auto and changed the C.A.M.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 4:16pm
Hi All,

We released BIOS 1.30 for H510 Pro BTC+ to optimize the NVIDIA 3000 series graphics card.

Please try to update it by instant flash and we expected it should solve your problem.

BIOS 1.30: https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/1200/H510%20Pro%20BTC%2b%281.30%29ROM.zip" rel="nofollow - https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/1200/H510%20Pro%20BTC%2b(1.30)ROM.zip
Instant flash: https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS9" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS9

All the best
ASRock TSD

Posted By: flamez
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:32am
I was having problems for days spent so many hours now trouble shooting, with installing more than 1 gpu I was getting system resource error and red slots on left on slots 456, so I updated to v1.30 and now I can't use any gpus at all it gives 5 beeps only on-board graphics works now, I have purchased more than 1 board as well

Posted By: flamez
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 4:48pm
ok so back at it today, the 5 beeps is because you must connect a hdmi to gpu after the update to boot, before I could boot with on-board,

Posted By: Rankl
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 2:18am
i don´t get it to run at all.

CPU and RAM are from the compability list, but i dont get into the BIOS.

Any advice what could be wrong?

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 4:03am
What happens when you power on? Did you try to run without an OS and see if you can get to bios?

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 4:58am
The CPU fan is running and also the gpu is lighting up and the fan running.
Thats all.
No clue. Did un/re plug all components

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 5:00am
I don´t have an os installed. The issue is from the beginning. Still didnt get it to run

Posted By: Talkwrench
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 9:23pm
Well after many days of trying everything. I finally got this working! I can't believe how stupid I was lol. Once I put power on the PCIE power headers on the motherboard it worked. It seems the MB can run 2 cards without any additional power on the PCIE sockets. Anyway, I hope that helps someone.

Posted By: Monty
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 8:00am
Thanks for the tips. I am just setting my board up.
2060 super in slot 1 works fine.
3060 in slot 2 is not recognised.

If I want to add gpu in slots 3 to 6 unclear about what cable to use from psu to motherboard pci connection.

The motherboard has molex connectors which it says to connect to pcie power. Corsair psu s come with 4 pin molex connectors which plug into the 6 pin serial/sata ports on the power supply. Is that where you connect the molex ones to ? Or what cable does one need ? As I don't know of a cable with 4 pin molex at one end and 8 pin pcie at psu end ??

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 5:34pm
Hi All,

The following shows how we config a mining rig with H510 Pro BTC+, for your reference.

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=503" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=503

All the best
ASRock TSD

Posted By: Fullcount
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
Hey all.

I've build a wooden stand with 2 power supplies to fit this board. I've had it running after some troubles and installed windows. After some idling the pc shutdown on its own and will not start whatsoever anymore. Both my power supplies make a clicking noise but not in sync. I'm suspecting that the power supplies aren't being controlled in sync and that may have caused problems or even damage, since the motherboard doesn't turn on anymore. Anyone run into the same kind of problems?

Posted By: society
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 4:31am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Hi All,

The following shows how we config a mining rig with H510 Pro BTC+, for your reference.

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=503" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=503

All the best
ASRock TSD

Thank you, but to be more specific....

Your image says power (PSU1) from USB riser cards? Do you mean that we cannot use the PCIE slots for GPUS in PCIE1 & PCIE2 ? We must use riser cards for slot 1 & 2 if we use more than one PSU?

Thank you.

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Posted By: Justin_R
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:50pm
I read that diagram as saying that if you are running a card from the Mining Port, that would be on a riser and powered by PSU1.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Justin_R Justin_R wrote:

I read that diagram as saying that if you are running a card from the Mining Port, that would be on a riser and powered by PSU1.

mining port is number 15 - it does not show that as connected.

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:00pm
Thank you, but to be more specific....

Your image says power (PSU1) from USB riser cards? Do you mean that we cannot use the PCIE slots for GPUS in PCIE1 & PCIE2 ? We must use riser cards for slot 1 & 2 if we use more than one PSU?

Thank you.

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Posted By: maggoten
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 10:36pm
I also have an ASRock H510 Pro BTC+

Having trouble with 5 short beeps (CPU trouble?)

MB: ASRock H510 Pro BTC+
CPU: Intel i5-11400 12MB
RAM: Corsair DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3080 ti SUPERRIM
PSU: Fractal ION+ 760P

Tried rebuilding everything multiple times, right now I don't have another CPU to try with.

Tried with out the GPU to see if was related to something with to low power.

Do anyone have a clue on how I should continue to troubleshoot?

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:35am
Originally posted by maggoten maggoten wrote:

Tried rebuilding everything multiple times, right now I don't have another CPU to try with.

It is solved, I did it in this order.

Changed RAM (beep would stop, but system just rebooted all the time)
Removed the BIOS battery and waited for like 5 minutes.
Then it Booted to BIOS.

Posted By: AndresRGC
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:46am
Does not detect keyboard, what can i do

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by AndresRGC AndresRGC wrote:

Does not detect keyboard, what can i do
i have no power in usb ports

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 8:23pm
Try use an keyboard with PS/2 port?

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 1:36am
I didnt work either and also the board is beeping 3 times

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 6:34am
03 short - Main memory read / write test error.

I would try to:
Refit the ram
Test a new ram
Reset bio = Shut off PSU, Remove the BISO battery for like 5-30min and replace it.

Start system

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 6:51am

It is solved, I did it in this order.

Changed RAM (beep would stop, but system just rebooted all the time)
Removed the BIOS battery and waited for like 5 minutes.
Then it Booted to BIOS.

I got it working with 1 GPU, but I have 2 and it seems like one of the GPUs don't want to start. I can see it in hiveos and it is green in bios when I start it.

I'm running hiveos and I see a red x at the side of my graficard, and this error code. Looks like this: https://ibb.co/ggm19dD" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/ggm19dD

I will use my two PSUs and set it up like this: https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg

But I don't really understand the text "GPU PCIE Power (Connected by USB riser kits)"? I thought I didn't need risers for this MB.

I have connected everything else as the picture says.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:49am
They mentioned that you need to supply power to each GPU in a specific way. Look at p25 on the installation guide. I saw somewhere else that you may need to use a dedicated cable to each GPU - not daisy chain them. Maybe try that?

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:50am
For anyone wondering how to boot from a USB prior to BIOS - its F1. There is no mention of boot keys anywhere. ugh

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:12am
Yeah, I followed that set up, but I don't really know what they mean with "GPU PCIE Power (Connected by USB riser kits)"

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:22am

Yeah, I followed that set up, but I don't really know what they mean with "GPU PCIE Power (Connected by USB riser kits)"

Yes, neither do any of us. I've posted that follow up twice already, but they dont reply. Hopefully soon, I'm almost ready to build up the whole rig.

-------------
H510 Pro BTC+

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
Same here, I got all the things, but only one GPU is working.

Lets post here to keep each other updated :)

Posted By: AaronPurple
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 4:37pm
Hi, my config is:

Celeron G5920
ASRock H510 Pro BTC+
Ram DIMM 4GB Kingston 2666MHz KVR26N19S6/4
Fortron hydro PTM PRO 1200W [PPA12A1001]

The system don't boot, if i remove the Ram the system gives an acoustic error.

I have also 2 RTX 3090, even installing them there is no way to have a video output from either the gpu or the onboard hdmi port.

Why?

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 2:14am
Originally posted by AaronPurple AaronPurple wrote:

Hi, my config is:

Celeron G5920
ASRock H510 Pro BTC+
Ram DIMM 4GB Kingston 2666MHz KVR26N19S6/4
Fortron hydro PTM PRO 1200W [PPA12A1001]

The system don't boot, if i remove the Ram the system gives an acoustic error.

I have also 2 RTX 3090, even installing them there is no way to have a video output from either the gpu or the onboard hdmi port.

Why?

I would do this.
Remove GPU
Remove BIOS battery for like 5-30min

Try start system with just:
RAM
CPU
PSU

If the system start without a beep and not constantly restarting, I would plug in the first GPU.

Double check that the PSU is connected as the blue one on this picture.
https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg

Posted By: pitur78
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 3:47pm
Hello
I have a problem with my H510 BTC+

My config is:
H510 BTC+
Intel i3 10300
Ram 4MB Kingston
BE quiet Dark Power Pro 1000w
2x3060 Ti by MSI

After start up problems at the begin it finaly started to work.

I had problem using two or more GPU (Nvidia 30xx) with difrent configurations.
After Bios upgrade to 1.30 everything is ok.
Rig started mining with both GPU. (previesly just with 1 from PCIE1)

But now another problem accured.
Mining is just possible with 60% of GPU power.
65% or more makes the system (both Windows and Hiveos) restart after 10-50 secends of mining.
I changed PSU ??didn't help
I used 2 PSU (1000W + 500W) for 2 GPU ??still the same.
PSU always connected as AsRock recomended.

Any idea how to solve the problem? I woud like to add anoter GPU but it is imposibile !!!!!!
Please help.

-------------
PI

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:10am
Originally posted by pitur78 pitur78 wrote:

Hello
I have a problem with my H510 BTC+

My config is:
H510 BTC+
Intel i3 10300
Ram 4MB Kingston
BE quiet Dark Power Pro 1000w
2x3060 Ti by MSI

After start up problems at the begin it finaly started to work.

I had problem using two or more GPU (Nvidia 30xx) with difrent configurations.
After Bios upgrade to 1.30 everything is ok.
Rig started mining with both GPU. (previesly just with 1 from PCIE1)

But now another problem accured.
Mining is just possible with 60% of GPU power.
65% or more makes the system (both Windows and Hiveos) restart after 10-50 secends of mining.
I changed PSU ??didn't help
I used 2 PSU (1000W + 500W) for 2 GPU ??still the same.
PSU always connected as AsRock recomended.

Any idea how to solve the problem? I woud like to add anoter GPU but it is imposibile !!!!!!
Please help.

Have you followed this set up?
https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq/163-1.jpg

Try to shut down everything unnecessary?

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:11am
I upgraded the BIOs to 1.3, and now it wont boot hiveos? =S

I get "error: can't find command echo"

Anyone got a clue what I could do?

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:26am
It?™s cpu fault.

Now it seem?™s the network adapter is dead, an usb Wi-Fi dongle also work for 5 minute then lost connection. WTF, never seen crazy things like that before.

Posted By: Whiskey Bravo
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 8:57pm
I experienced all of the above listed issues and tried all suggested fixes. The last thing I did which seemed to be the solution to Windows recognizing my 4 cards was to set PCI power in the BIOS to Gen 2. Again, I did all of the other suggested stuff like BIOS update, pulling CMOS battery etc.

Anyway, up and running on 4 cards...FINALLY. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

Posted By: Whiskey Bravo
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:44pm
Link Speed, that is.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm
How did you solved?

initially I bought an inadequate cpu, now after installing windows 10, when I try to use two gpus, one of the two (gigabyte aorus rtx 3090) is disabled by the system and a yellow triangle appears in device management. There is no way to see them turned on together, it remains active for a few seconds as soon as I start the PC then it is disabled due to a conflict. It seems to conflict with the intel itegrated gpu, but the core i3 10100F does not have the integrated gpu...

Thanks

Posted By: sgudim
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
I had the same issue adding more then 1 GPU. Tested first with two RTX 3080 and then with two RX 6800. After updating the BIOS to version 1.3 it now works with two RTX 3080, so thank you for the BIOS update. But when I test with Two RX 6800 it still only detect 1 GPU. Could you please also try to priorities a release with focusing on AMD cards so this also work. I expect to be able to have a full rig with example GPUs of type RX 6600, RX 6700 and RX 6800. In the future support for RX 5xxx series would also be very nice.

Posted By: tpavlou
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 7:50pm
Hi All.

I had the same problem. Was running the following:

Asus 510 Pro BTC+
Intel Core i5 CPU
4 x RTX 3090 (various manufacturers)

So, I fixed it by upgrading to firmware 1.3. Setting the BIOS Chipset PCIE settings to auto for all.

Most importantly, follow the power layout on the image link below. That fixed it for me!

T

Posted By: Fouadeldoueihi
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm
I am having issues with h510 pro btc plus

Reading 1 gpu out of 6

Gpu 3070 zotac
Cpu intel i3 lga 1200
Ssd kingston
Ram hyper x fury

Tried setting pcie speed to auto, gen3, gen 2, gen 1 without any success

Enbaled 4g still no sucesss

I need help urgently

Thanks

Posted By: tpavlou
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Fouadeldoueihi Fouadeldoueihi wrote:

I am having issues with h510 pro btc plus

Reading 1 gpu out of 6

Gpu 3070 zotac
Cpu intel i3 lga 1200
Ssd kingston
Ram hyper x fury

Tried setting pcie speed to auto, gen3, gen 2, gen 1 without any success

Enbaled 4g still no sucesss

I need help urgently

Thanks

Did you follow the power diagram in my post above?

Posted By: AmishLumberjack
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 6:15pm
I can confirm that this worked for me, had zero luck getting any gpu other than the very first one to work. Might be a good idea to sticky this somewhere visible as it takes about 5 minutes to try it.

Posted By: Talkwrench
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
Ive have multiple boards running 6 cards perfectly. I have had zero luck using the 7th mining port. I have followed the power diagram to a T and still no joy. Has anyone managed to use all 7 ports? How did you connect it all up? TIA

Posted By: Kenzo95
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 5:56pm
Okay, After mounted 29 H510 BTC Builds from 1 GPU to 10 GPUs I'm feel that i Had to give something to Asrock and Community for payback

This is my little Tips to use the H510 PRO BTC+

-Ram MUST BE 8GB or more accord to the manual.
-If you want a stable build with more than 6 GPU use a CPU with at least 4MB of cache like Pentium G6400 or more.
-5 beeps Just indicate that the System hasn't detect a Monitor (maybe not attached or maybe wrong detection)
-Connect 24 Pin connector and 8 CPU Pin Connectors
-Follow the Signage A-A B-B C-C for power the PCIE slots
-Motherboard HDMI doesn't work with HiveOS, after booting the OS doesn't load the GPU, so use HDMI or DP of first GPU.
-You can Bifurcate the mining port 1 to 4 without problems.
-If you want use RTX 3000 on HiveOS you MUST upgrade Bios to 1.30, 1.10 doesn't work well with them.

-------------
I just do mining

Posted By: ossgutta
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:50am
Thanks Kenzo for good info.

I am struggling though, with the same 5 beeps as others here.
-I have played around with various cables, monitors, GPUs and mobo HDMI.

Not able to even get a blink on monitor.

- 510 Pro BTC+
- Intel Core i5-10400F
- HyperX Predator DDR4 3200MHz 8GB

- CPU out/in
- Multiple RAMs tested
- Multiple PSU tested

Posted By: endabstrafer
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:36am
Servus,
I also have the problem that of my 3 GPU's only 1 is running.
The other two are marked with a red X in HiveOS, so they are recognized, the fans are also running but nothing more.
Setup:
HiveOS 0.6-210@210920
ASRock H510 PRO BTC+ Bios 1.10
3x XFX 6800 XT MERC Core Gaming 16GB
Intel Celeron G5905
Kingston 8GB KVR26N19S8/8

I have searched all forums but have not found a solution.
I also tried different Bios settings, no change!

Posted By: KillerCooper
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:14am
Bump! Exactly the same on my end. Just 5 beeps no matter what - I have validated that all my hardware is working on other systems.

Posted By: baanc
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 2:56pm
For me the board works mostly fine with Linux Kernel 5.11
When using Linux you have to pay attention that the onboard graphics depending on your CPU might need a newer Kernel. With 5.8 the my onboard graphics did not work but display output via a dedicated GPU was possible. Ubuntu 20.04 with HWE Kernel resp. 5.11 at the moment works with onboard graphics.
These beeps at boot indicate in my case that no display is connected.

Maybe some knows how to disable that missing monitor beep? Couldn't find any BIOS setting regarding this.

But I have the problem that AMD RX 6000 series cards only run in the first pcie slot with OpenCL. In other slots the cards are recognised for video output but not in clinfo. In the first slot everything works and nvidia 3000 series cards work in every slot.

Did anyone manage to run AMD RX 6000 series cards in the 2-6 pcie slots? It might be releated to these slots being connected to the chipsset? It seems the amdgpu driver needs AtomicOps for OpenCL and these slots don't have these command because of the connection to the chipset? Any suggestions how to get AMS RX 6000 cards working in the higher pcie slots?

Cheers-

Posted By: wong
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 2:59am
any one try using this board with a server psu and breakouts?

how are pci slots 1/2 powered?

the other slots have molex conecters but im unsure exactly how to sort this out?

whats the power draw on the 24pin atx connector? on my board theres a sticker on the third atx saying its only to power up the psu.

any one done any tests?

what does fully independant power rail really mean as im so confused how to power this thing without damaging any of my gear.

Posted By: baanc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:14am
To my understanding the fully independent power rail means that you can have individual PSUs per pcie slot (except for slot 1&2 where the power is delivered from the PSU connected to the first 24pin connector). So the power draw on the first 24pin connector would be whatever the chipset, cpu, ram, ssd are drawing plus 2x75W from the pcie slots 1 & 2. The actual draw really depends on the utilisation. My system is drawing about 25W in idle.

The second and third 24pin connector is just giving the power up/down signal to the connected PSU. No power draw via this connector.

Posted By: randomness
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:15am
Hello miners,
I bought this mb today and its great!
I planned to put 6x rtx 2060 and one by one I got to 4 and all worked flawless.
First thing I did was update bios, then put first gpu, someone here mentioned that mb doesnt recognize hiveOs from integrated card, so I switched hdmi to first gpu. Booted hive no problem. After then I added second one, recognized. From there I was not sure how much power is needed for those molex inputs. I have EVGA supernova g5 1000w, which can easily handle undervolted 6x 2060, but the thing is I only have one perf cable with 4 molex, and 4th connector one cant reach the last input. So I decided to try and connected 3 of them to motherboard. After that I put 3rd card, recognized, then 4rd card, recognized. And everything worked great. I noticed tho, that power usage was a little bit higher than on my other rig with risers. (95w comparing to 85w on rig with risers).

Now I am not sure how to supply 4th molex port from this psu, I have 2 vga 8pin slots left, which is ideal to add 2 more gpus for total of 6.

Any suggestion?

Posted By: itomas
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 12:44am
Hello fellow miners,

like many of you, I am having also issues with connecting more than 4 GPUs on this motherboard [AsRock H510 Pro BTC+]. Did anyone manage to set up a rig with more than 4 x 3090s on this board?

BIOS updated, PCIs to GEN1 [before only one card was recognized]
Procesor INTEL Core i5 11500, 2700/4600 MHz
Kingston 16GB 3200Mhz
BeQuiet PSU 1500w x2
BeQuiet PSU 850w x2
All cards on risers - 2 on each PSU
Only 4 cards were recognized out of 6 (MSI RTX 3090)
The problem is not in riser, slots, GPUs or power..
To troubleshoot I have connected all cards to PSUs and risers into PCI slots. Motherboard beeps. If I disconnect whatever combination of two cards from PCI slots it loads Win10 and recognized cards, and that is really strange. If anyone was able to connect more than 4 x 3090 would like to know howto :-D

Posted By: Dima
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 1:50am
??ем доб?ого дн?. ?од?кажи?е, ??о н?жно ?дела??, ??о б? подкл??и?? 6 видеока?? на ма?е?ин?к?? пла?? asrock h650 pro btc+ ?п?едел?е??? ?ол?ко 2 видеока???, а 5 и 6 го??? к?а?н?м индика?о?м на пла?е.

Posted By: Michez
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 5:36pm
hello good day.

I also have an H510 PRO BTC, but i can't get it to mine in full hash rate with my 3060 V.1 I am using nicehash with HDMI dummy plug, 470.05 driver. after sometimes of rebooting and tweaking the BIOS the system corrupted the Nvidia driver and now even I re-install the drivers it detects no Nvidia drivers installed. I Tried PCIE Gen1 and Gen3

hope you can help me.

attached is my bios setting..

https://ibb.co/0mY72cJ" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/0mY72cJ
https://ibb.co/H4R1gKY" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/H4R1gKY
https://ibb.co/17rYhPf" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/17rYhPf
https://ibb.co/DzkZzgV" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/DzkZzgV
https://ibb.co/b6TVTRP" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/b6TVTRP
https://ibb.co/JvdxDD9" rel="nofollow - https://ibb.co/JvdxDD9

Posted By: Kenzo95
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 3:39pm
Hello, I have a question for you, Asrock Team, I'm a fully user of H510 PRO BTC+, i have now 32 machines with this fantastic board, I've developed a Case for it and i have build that arrives to 10 GPU with bifurcation of the first mining port. I like a lot this board and i'm confident of this product. I know that this board is designed for have in total 6 Mining Ports, but it has just 1 activated. Can you send us a "beta bios" with 2 or more Mining ports activated? This would help us to do better with your products. Thanks

-------------
I just do mining

Posted By: chamsb
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:01am
Hi
could please explain how to have more than 6 gpu on this card i'm stuck with 6 Gpus can't add one more.
Thanks.

Posted By: LAGo
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:58am
Already installed last update but having same problem, only 1 GPU can be connected and must be installed at slot1 there is no way having more GPUs working together.....5 beeps is all I get when try installing additional GPU

Posted By: chamsb
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:13pm
What do you have as CPU and RAM

Posted By: AVylkov
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 5:47pm
Hello guys, I also have some issues to set up this motherboard. I have two GPUs and both of them are working and detected if I put them one by one in the first PCIe slot.If I connect one and then the other my system doesn?™t boot. It sleeps because no display signal. I tried to put the HDMI to second GPU and no result, I updated BIOS to 1.3 also but still no positive result. Could you please help me to solve this ?

Posted By: Sasha37
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:08am
I have contacted Asrock support and they are indeed as rock. Here is the response to my question about more than 4 GPUs:
"Please refer the PDF link below.
https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.us.asp?k=h510" rel="nofollow - https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.us.asp?k=h510
If the problem still persist, I have believe it is a MB issue, please contact the MB seller for MB exchange."
Looks like all of us having GPU issue should just exchange our boards and not with Asrock, but the seller.
That will make all GPUs work like a charm

Posted By: Bobberetick
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 11:33am
Hi guys,
I've gone through everything and updated bios to 1.3 but still won't recognise gpus.
I'm using 2x 3060s in slot 1 and 2, and I'm not longer powering them from the PSU as someone said it comes from the board. On boot the mobo map shows slots 1 and 2 as red, and the LED indicator is also red. In device manager only the integrated GPU shows up, not my 3060s. Fans aren't spinning either. Any suggestions?

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
Sorry should have said I'm using a i3-10100 and Crucial 16GB ddr4-2666. Everything works great except for the invisible gpus

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:41am
Hi Kenzo, as far as I understood you are an expert with this mobo. I need some help to connect 2 GPUs .
My system is :
CPU - intel i3 10105f without integrated video
RAM - kingston fury beast
PSU - Corsair rm750x
I have issue when connect the second GPU - the system goes to sleep and it does not load windows. Just the first PCI slot is working. Do you know how to solve this ?

Posted By: Bobberetic
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:57am
Originally posted by AVylkov AVylkov wrote:

Hi Kenzo, as far as I understood you are an expert with this mobo. I need some help to connect 2 GPUs .
My system is :
CPU - intel i3 10105f without integrated video
RAM - kingston fury beast
PSU - Corsair rm750x
I have issue when connect the second GPU - the system goes to sleep and it does not load windows. Just the first PCI slot is working. Do you know how to solve this ?

Hi AVylkov, can I ask how your system operates when you have 1 GPU installed?
My MOBO doesn't recognise any GPUs in any slots and I'm wondering if the board is dead on arrival (seen on other posts this can happen).

Posted By: Valkov
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:04am
Hello Bobberetic , it is working fine when I have just one GPU inside 1st slot. Did you plugged in the HDMI directly to GPU and not to motherboard ?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:09am
Hey mate!
I just went and tried that by unplugging GPU #2 and running the HDMI off GPU #1, but the GPU LED indicator stayed red and I got the CPU/GPU 5 beep error. If I restart the system using the MOBO HDMI the 5 beep goes away and the board displays slot 1 as red on the MOBO screen on startup.
I'm finding it super difficult to find any information on the LEDs or MOBO screen displays slots as red. Can you check if yours is green when you turn it on with 1 GPU?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:24am
What a sad example of good idea lost in undeveloped details. This board indeed could be fantastic, but for now only problems. For example - why do we need to have HDMI plugged in at all to boot it? Could this stupid engineers figure out that most of the rigs don't have dedicated monitors attached? It is supposed to professional BTC board, right?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Sasha37 Sasha37 wrote:

What a sad example of good idea lost in undeveloped details. This board indeed could be fantastic, but for now only problems. For example - why do we need to have HDMI plugged in at all to boot it? Could this stupid engineers figure out that most of the rigs don't have dedicated monitors attached? It is supposed to professional BTC board, right?

How're you going to set up your bios and OS without a screen?
I've got monitors for setup and a Raspberry Pi screen for monitoring down the track.

Do you know anything about the problems we've been having above? I'd love for some help!

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:50am
Originally posted by flamez flamez wrote:

ok so back at it today, the 5 beeps is because you must connect a hdmi to gpu after the update to boot, before I could boot with on-board,

I switched from 3060 to 2070S and this time the card lights up and the fans spin, red led goes away (yay!) But now I'm getting 5 beep error with the card in. I tried HDMI in board, 5 beeps, HDMI in card, 5 beeps

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Bobberetic Bobberetic wrote:

How're you going to set up your bios and OS without a screen?
I've got monitors for setup and a Raspberry Pi screen for monitoring down the track.

Do you know anything about the problems we've been having above? I'd love for some help!

Good for you, you have everything. Enjoy it.
As for me - I don't use monitors after the rig is launched and working, why waste a nice Strawberry PI?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:08am
As for the problems that you are having on the ninth page - it might be a good side to read the first 8, before asking for help

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
I read them all but no solution :'(

But I did find my own solution!!

Switched Boot Graphics from Auto to Integrated only, and then switched all PCI link speeds to Gen 3 instead of Auto.
For whatever reason that worked fine.

Also, I have no idea what else to do with my Pi so I figured a little screen would be cute :3

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
Hi , where did you find this option to choose INTEGRATED ONLY ? I was not able to see that.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 4:37pm
Hey mate,

Sorry I think it's one of the first few options when you go into the GPU options in the BIOS.
It should be 3rd or 4th item on the list and it's default setting is AUTO. I think you want to set it to enable (I think this means you enable the system to only run off integrated graphics?)
I can't quite remember, if you're having more trouble I can go and check it properly

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:41pm
I think something strange is happening. I only have these options in advanced menu of BIOS:
- CPU Configuration
- chipset configuration
- storage configuration
- super OI configuration
- ACPI configuration
- USB configuration
- trusted computing
Just when i put the second GPU My system is going to sleep, I can see both cards are powered, the fans are working.
I am out of ideas what is the problem exactly

Posted By: Kaeldius
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:22am
Hey guys, had exactly the same problem with 2x Radeon 6600 not working together, whatever slots I put them in.
Single use of each card was working though.

So, to let you know, after testing everything, the solution for me was this :

Hey did you try to adjust the C.A.M. (clever access memory) in the BIOS, Advanced, Chipset Configuratio?

I updated my BIOS to the current one and when I booted into Hive i was only seeing 1 GPU. I changed some of the PCIE settings but nothing worked. So i put them back in Auto and changed the C.A.M.

Activating C.A.M on BIOS was the only working solution.

BTW the 5 beeps error is indeed caused by no monitor plugged to 1st card (or what ever you set BIOS for).

I have 4gb RAM (so 8 isn't mandatory), I didn't even update BIOS to 1.30 (I don't use 30 NVIDIA series) and I'm on HiveOS, mining Ethereum on NBMiner.

Thanks everyone for the help, I hope this post will also help other people because vanishing after solving problems doesn't help communities ;)

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Kaeldius Kaeldius wrote:

Hey guys, had exactly the same problem with 2x Radeon 6600 not working together, whatever slots I put them in.
Single use of each card was working though.

So, to let you know, after testing everything, the solution for me was this :

Activating C.A.M on BIOS was the only working solution.

BTW the 5 beeps error is indeed caused by no monitor plugged to 1st card (or what ever you set BIOS for).

I have 4gb RAM (so 8 isn't mandatory), I didn't even update BIOS to 1.30 (I don't use 30 NVIDIA series) and I'm on HiveOS, mining Ethereum on NBMiner.

Thanks everyone for the help, I hope this post will also help other people because vanishing after solving problems doesn't help communities ;)

2 cards was easy. how about 5 or 6?

Posted By: Kaeldius
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 12:49am
I have 4 cards running on it right now :
- 2x radeon 6600
- 1x radeon 6700 xt
- 1x geforce 1060 (yeah, i know...)

Posted By: Scarlat
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:32am
Hello!

I have the same problem as several people. Black screen.
I changed the ram memory, processor, I've done a test with the GPU connected, disconnected and nothing...
I've already tested another HDMI cable.
No beeps.
No image.
No lights on keyboard. If I plug in a GPU, its fans start spinning and stop when I turn on the mobo.

i3 10100;
Vengeance 8G 2666Mhz;
750W;

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm
Sounds like you have not wired PSU correctly or CPU is not sitting in the socket how it should be

Posted By: Jelon
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:18am
Hi everyone,

I have 3 of those motherboards and looks like I really need some help with it. I tried everything and going nowhere. Here is how it looks like.

MB #1 - working just fine with 6 GPUs, 3060 Ti, i3 10100F CPU, 8MB RAM and 2 Chieftec 700W PSUs. For some time I even managed to plug 7th GPU through mining port. Everything worked well so I bought 2 more H510+. Now the magic begins...

MB #2 - working with 2 GPUs, also 3060 Ti, same PSUs, 8 MB RAM, CPU is Celeron G5905 this time. It is on MB support list etc. Done everything by the book. Updated BIOS, installed all drivers, molex power supply connected according to previous posts. BIOS settings same as in MB #1 which is working. Can't get more than 2 GPUs working.
MB #3 - not working at all. Same components as in MB #2 but the only thing I get is 5 beeps after start and black screen. HDMI connected to GPU. GPU tested and working, tried other CPU, RAM, done CMOS reset, checked if the CPU is installed right twice. Nothing works. 8 pin CPU cable connected. CPU and GPU fan are spinning but apart from 5 beeps that is all.

I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:34am
Can you boot without GPU?

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:06am

Can you boot without GPU?
I mean for MB#3

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net