Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=211
Printed Date: 02 May 2024 at 4:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: no display problem
Posted By: christoss21
Subject: no display problem
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 12:33am
Hello i have a g41c-gs motherboard and suddenly  i lost signal from my graphic card. This motherboard has an on board vga card but when i plug the cable there i have the message that'' there is no cable connected''
can i have a little help ?

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:28am
Have you checked your monitor cable on both ends? I have had the end that hooks up to the monitor pull loose on occasion.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:23am
Yes the cable it's ok.I have connected to another pc and it's working fine.at my graphic card I had also dvi cable .not working also.that's why I want to connect the display at on board card but it's like been disable.and now my pc without a display it's dead

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:59am
Did you remove the graphics card and connect your monitor to your onboard display? You could also try the "clear CMOS" jumper.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 3:52am
Yes I removed the card.how I can do the jumber think? I saw this in the forum but for another model.but that means the on board card will work?

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 4:39am
To clear CMOS you need to bridge the pins on the motherboard labeled "CLRCMOS"

It should be located at the top left corner of the motherboard if you face the PC cables away from you.

You will need to bridge the 2 pins circled in red with a jumper or a screwdriver, while the pins are bridged (shorted) press the power button then unbridge the pins by removing the jumper or screwdriver. Do not be surprised if the PC will not boot while the pins are bridged, this is normal. Once this is done and the pins are clear the system should power on again. I hope this helps.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:14pm
Unfortunately nothing happened.it's like the on board vga does not exist

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:41pm
Is your monitor set to auto-detect a signal from any of its inputs? Check that or set your monitor to use the VGA cable input from the onboard graphics.

One potential problem I see is that the default graphics selection in the BIOS is not On board, it is PCI according to the manual.

That means if you clear the CMOS/BIOS, which sets BIOS options to their default values, it does not set the Primary Graphics Adapter option to On board. You must manually set that option to On board.

BUT if you have no video cards in the board, it should use the onboard graphics if no other video source is available.

If you know your video card works fine in another PC, it is possible something failed in the PC, like the PSU or something on the mother board. When you try to start the PC, can you hear the HDD(s) starting up? If you have an optical drive, can you put a disk in it and hear it reading the disk?

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:55pm
Hdd working.also optical drive .I saw the light blinking.This is a very strange problem.I had this before at same pc with another motherboard.I gave it to a technisian he check everything and he said that must be the motherboard.so I took the new one with on board card in case the problem was my graphic card.For one year I had no problem.suddenly yesterday I had the same.I remove the card(I damaged also accidentally) and I try to take signal from on board vga. Monitor is on auto detect and it work fine when I plugged in my old pc.I can't understand why the video signal stop at all.I start wondering if can be a power supply problem or cpu

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:02am
If you can, try a different power supply.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 1:44am
Thanks everybody for the assistance !!
Finally i found the problem.One of my memory was the cause.It was a ddr2 and now i am thinking to upgrade to ddr3.My motherboards specs says that support dd3 1333 oc but in a computer store i visit a technician told me that maybe will not work.
is any opinion about that?

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 2:55am
Check the memory compatibility list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/G41C-GS.pdf" rel="nofollow - here  and copy part no. info and paste it into a search on your desired online PC store and be sure to get RAM that is listed as supported. Ordinarily I would say just get some cheap DDR3 and it should work but given the age of the board it may well not. If you have access to a physical store you could take your system in and have them test RAM for you, I often find this is the most painless route to take, even if they charge a little more for the service.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 9:54am
Thank you very much for the help.Unfortunately the price that gave my local physical store is double from internet price.and for an old pc it's not worth it.
Thanks for the help for one more time!I will follow your advice for a cheap memory.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net