Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2148
Printed Date: 02 Jun 2024 at 3:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: asrock H110M-HDV not work front panel usb
Posted By: Jurijs
Subject: asrock H110M-HDV not work front panel usb
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 3:25pm
asrock H110M-HDV not work front panel usb.
back usb port setup usb flash all work

Replies:
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:20pm
All the others usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 ports on the computer work fine.

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:34pm
Is the case front panel USB connected to the motherboard and what connector does it have?

USB 2 connectors attach to the headers I highlighted in green and a USB 3 connector attaches to the red highlighted header.

Be sure the connectors are connected to the correct headers on the motherboard.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:38pm

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:43pm
Is this a PC you built yourself or is it one that was purchased assembled? 

Every PC case with front USB ports has cables that need to be connected to the motherboard in order for the front ports to function. The picture I posted above indicates where the cable needs to be connected. The green highlighted header for USB 2 and the red highlighted header for USB 3. As you can see they connections are different for USB 2 and USB 3.

You will need to open up your case and check to be sure the front panel USB cable/s are connected to the motherboard in the correct places. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:46pm
My case Fractal design.
http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r5-blackout-edition

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:48pm
Everything is connected correctly, you need a photo?

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:59pm
Foto usb 3.0 and usb 2.0

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:10pm
A photo isn't necessary Wink Nice case choice by the way Thumbs Up

Please understand that we have no way of knowing the experience level of a forum member so I must cover the basics in case your level of understanding is low. Many people purchase prebuilt systems and have no idea what goes on inside their case.

Now that we have determined that the cables are indeed connected correctly we can proceed with other troubleshooting steps.

From the Speccy screenshot you posted you are using Windows 7 64, an i3 6100 (I am guessing by the clock speed) and a GTX 750ti with your ASRock H110M-HDV board. This is all helpful to know, especially the OS version.

Have you installed the USB drivers for windows 7 64? If not you can get them http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-HDV/?cat=Download&os=All" rel="nofollow - here . 

If the drivers are in fact already installed then check to see if the front USB ports are providing power to the devices connected to them. If not then check that the devices being connected are properly connected, sometimes front panel USB ports can be very tight when new and prevent devices from properly being seated in the port. If the devices are being powered but not being detected then you can try clearing CMOS or restoring factory defaults in your BIOS to rule out any potential settings that could be disabling or affecting the front panel USB headers.

Let me know how it goes. If none of this helps we will have to dig deeper. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:31pm
All drivers are installed.

Front panel usb 3.0 and 2.0 have power and running Logitech H-800 without any problems.
It does not work usb HDD or USB flash drive
Back any usb port setup usb flash or usb HDD all work

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:39pm
Did you try clearing CMOS?

If that does not help you then you can contact tech support directly http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp" rel="nofollow - here . By the sound of it the problem is not nonfunctional ports but rather compatibility issues with certain device types. If this is so then tech support is your best option to get the issue resolved. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:47pm

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 6:08pm
yes, I clearing CMOS, not work front usb

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 6:16pm

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 6:27pm

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:30pm
Here I have not helped to solve the problem!
I wrote to tech support in waiting for an answer

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:39pm
Good luck, hopefully they can help resolve the issue Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:45pm
Thanks!

Posted By: Zarxrax
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 5:13am
I think I am having a similar issue. I have the H110M-ITX motherboard. My front panel USB ports all work with things like a mouse, but if I connect a usb drive or sd card adaptor, Windows 10 pops up a message saying "USB device not recognized".

Edit: After a bit more investigation, it appears that one of the USB 3.0 ports on the front panel is working just fine, but the other USB 3.0 port and the USB 2.0 port are both giving the error I mentioned above, but only with storage... devices work fine!

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 6:45pm
I am waiting for an answer tech support

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:18pm
Angry
I am very disappointed in the technical support, it has already passed 4 days and no response!
Shocked
manufacturer ASRock does not have to worry about customer opinions and do not solve the problem

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 6:24pm
Any response yet? I have not heard anything from support either on this issue, and its been over a week!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 6:34pm
Try Tech Support again, sometimes requests get buried or missed.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:27am
I got a quick response from support after sending it again.
Here is my solution in case it can help someone else.

In my case, for the board H110M-ITX, the specifications state "
USB3_7_8 is shared with USB_9_10"
This means that you can not use BOTH of these usb headers at the same time. There was another USB 2.0 header on the board which I was able to connect to, and now all of my usb ports are working.

I checked the specs for OPs board, the H110M-HDV, and it states "
USB3_4_5 is shared with USB_6_7" so it looks like it is probably a similar issue.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net