Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: B550 Steel Legend - Random Freezing
Posted By: GohBe
Subject: B550 Steel Legend - Random Freezing
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 1:49pm
Good morning everyone

I've recently bought a B550 Steel Legend, but I've facing with two problems:

My PC just randomly freeze without showing a single BSOD message.
Sometimes before it freezes the internet connection (via ethernet) just stop and inmediatly freeze.

This is what I've tried:
-> Clean install of Windows10 and Windows 11 (In Windows 11 setup-screen, it freezed too, fixed it when I unplugged the ethernet cable)
-> Install Video drivers recommended from Windows Update
-> Install video drivers from AMD
-> execute "Verifier" and nothing show up.
-> Use just one stick of RAM
-> Disabling XMP when two rams are in use.

The second problem is:

When my PC is suspending itself or by myself, it just shut down. That happened randomly

My PC components are:
MoBo: B550 Steel Legend
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400g (According to Asrock website, it's officially supported)
PSU: Cylon 500W
RAM: 16 GB of ram (8 x 2) Model: XPG gammix d30 with XMP enabled

Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: Youssef
Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:02am
me too guy the same problem with the same componets i have fixed it but when i play a short video on windows it start laging after 2 minutes of using the program but the freeze problem fixed if you want to try this fix here it is open the bios then go to advanced then go to cbs then go yo cpu then you will see core boost to auto make it disabled and then save and it is fixed i hope it work with you if it works with you tell me

Posted By: Youssef
Date Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:04am
[QUOTE=Youssef] me too guy the same problem with the same componets i have fixed it but when i play a short video on windows it start laging after 2 minutes of using the program but the freeze problem fixed if you want to try this fix here it is open the bios then go to advanced then go to cbs then go yo cpu then you will see core boost to auto make it disabled and then save and it is fixed i hope it work with you if it works with you tell me and make sure to disable ftpm

Date Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:22am
Been two days with this config and my pc hasn't crash
I hope this fix, I will test it one week and if doesn't crash again, I will reply this post :3

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 8:10am
The fix that the other guys gave me, worked but the performance was decreased (which doesn't matter when you're experiencing a lot of BSOD)

Posted By: Sigma
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 3:19am
Originally posted by GohBe GohBe wrote:

The fix that the other guys gave me, worked but the performance was decreased (which doesn't matter when you're experiencing a lot of BSOD)

Hello,

What fix were you told to try?
I have same issue as a b450 Steel Legend and Ryzen 5 3600 cpu.

Thanks
Fred

Posted By: eccential
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 8:49am
I had a similar problem with my B550 PG-ITX/ax, R5-5600, and RX 6600.
It was caused by ASUS GPU Tweak III in stay-resident mode.
Out of the blue network drops, and system becomes unresponsive. Sometimes closing some programs allowed it to come back, but in most cases, I had to hard reset.

I switched to MSI Afterburner in set-and-quit mode for a while and didn't have a problem for months.

Eventually, I learned that I can do everything I need using AMD's own Adrenalin software, so I got rid of everything else and just use the built-in software now.

Not a single issue since I got rid of the ASUS GPU Tweak.

Posted By: Sigma
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 4:33pm
Hello,

That is what I have as well.
System will freeze partly but I cant close windows or even restart.
So I have to hard reset often.
I just did fresh install of Windows and I still get random freezing.
I also have gpu tweak 3 but I dont understand what you mean by "stay-resident mode".
I only use gpu tweak to override the gpu fan and no OC.
I have Geforce GTX 1070.

Thanks
Sigma

Posted By: eccential
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 4:55pm
By "stay-resident mode," I meant it kept running in the background. I believe MSI Afterburner can be used in that mode also, but I never used it in that mode. Now I don't use any 3rd party software like that.

I NEVER overclock anything. I used it to set fan curve and to lower my power target.

I got hangs only during the time I used ASUS GPU Tweak III, which was about a month in total. Everything has been perfectly stable before and after that junk software.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net