Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2940
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2024 at 4:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Date keeps changing - ASRock H110M-HDS
Posted By: Prizm
Subject: Date keeps changing - ASRock H110M-HDS
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 6:38pm
I am an ASRock user myself, and my dad has purchased an ASRock H110M-HDS.

He is having a problem where the date keeps changing. Not the time, just the date, oddly enough.

He is using Windows 7 with 8GB DDR 4. BIOS version is 1.20.

He has done the following to try and fix it:
- Replaced the CMOS battery
- Changed the time zone and changed it back
- Changed the Windows internet time server
- Turned off internet time syncing
- Uninstalled Adobe Reader (yes, according to a few people this was actually messing with their clocks)
- In changing the CMOS battery, it appears it has reset his BIOS settings as well, so they are set to default.

Once the correct date is set, after a couple hours the date goes forward a day. And it will keep advancing day after day every few hours.

The evidence is pointing to the motherboard. Some kind of timing issue?  Does anyone have a suggestion? He only purchased the motherboard a month ago.

thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:16pm
I would ordinarily recommend a CMOS clear but removing the battery already did that so the next step is to update the BIOS to the latest version. It sounds like either an RTC (real time clock) issue or there is some software messing with it.

If the BIOS update does not work post back.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:42am
When I installed the board, i updated it to the latest bios (1.20). I'm wondering if i should revert to an older version.

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Prizm Prizm wrote:

When I installed the board, i updated it to the latest bios (1.20). I'm wondering if i should revert to an older version.

That is worth trying, you should be able to change to the earlier version.

If the earlier version causes the problem to disappear, it seems the new version is the cause.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 3:14pm
Ok, I found out what causes the date change.

For the record, I reverted to version 1.10 BIOS and that didn't fix it.

The problem happens every time the PC comes out of sleep mode. When digging through webpages online, I found someone who had the same problem with their HP laptop. So every time you wake the computer up, the date (not the time) advances. We turned off the sleep setting in Windows 7 (set sleep to "never"), and the date problem was fixed.

It's not a total win since the problem still exists underneath, but it's better than troubleshooting the hardware. 

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 9:23pm

Ok, I found out what causes the date change.

For the record, I reverted to version 1.10 BIOS and that didn't fix it.

The problem happens every time the PC comes out of sleep mode. When digging through webpages online, I found someone who had the same problem with their HP laptop. So every time you wake the computer up, the date (not the time) advances. We turned off the sleep setting in Windows 7 (set sleep to "never"), and the date problem was fixed.

It's not a total win since the problem still exists underneath, but it's better than troubleshooting the hardware. 

So you mean you don't let the PC ever enter Sleep mode? Or is that no Sleep mode automatically, and entering Sleep mode manually does not cause this date problem?

All I know is, over the years with different versions of Windows and various hardware and software, Windows Sleep remains a problem. The problems it has are multiple and of all kinds.

I stopped using Sleep with some older hardware (Asus P67 board) and Windows 7, since upon waking from Sleep, the video source would not work, black screen. Restart the PC, video was back.

I accidentally forgot to disable Sleep recently in Windows 10 on my ASRock X99 board system, and found the PC in Sleep mode when I walked away for a while. It woke up fine, no other weird side affects. Tried it on my ASRock Z170 board system, works fine too, so I'm back to using Sleep again.

Waking from Sleep requires many things to be restored that are not automatically done by the OS itself, apparently. So the mother board manufactures are stuck helping Microsoft with their Sleep feature. Too bad the fixes are not simple and obvious.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 10:23pm
Haven't tried manual sleep, just disabled automatic. Yeah I actually think I forgot to disable sleep on my Win 10 PC. I agree, it causes a lot of people problems.

I keep having problems where my mouse cursor disappears after turning on the monitor. Have to keep clicking blind around the screen for 20sec to get the thing back. Appears to be a common problem with Win10. I think it might be sleep related as well.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:09pm

Haven't tried manual sleep, just disabled automatic. Yeah I actually think I forgot to disable sleep on my Win 10 PC. I agree, it causes a lot of people problems.

I keep having problems where my mouse cursor disappears after turning on the monitor. Have to keep clicking blind around the screen for 20sec to get the thing back. Appears to be a common problem with Win10. I think it might be sleep related as well.

I doubt manual or automatically entering Sleep makes any difference.

What type of mouse? Wireless? That's what I use. Mostly MSoft mice, I figure they ought to get things right with their OS and hardware. Pinch

I'm not having that problem waking from Sleep at all. If I do lose the mouse somehow, I'll turn off the mouse power switch, and then on again. If that doesn't do it, I remove the wireless transmitter from the USB port with the mouse power off. Plug the transmitter in again, and turn on the mouse.

If that doesn't work, it's restart time. Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 7:24am
Looks like I was wrong, I checked my PC and I have indeed turned sleep off. The mouse problem happens sometimes when I bring my monitor out of standby/power save. It's just a regular USB mouse (logitech) plugged straight into the back of the PC. Never had problems before Win10. It happens at my workplace as well with our Win10 machines. Someone on another forum mentioned it happens to their entire fleet of PCs in the company haha
Don't mean to derail this thread though, I just mentioned it as I thought it was sleep related.

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 10:01am

My 2cents lie with this being a BIOS programming issue ASRock needs to look at.

OP, did you try each available BIOS revision on your boards download pages, and if so do one make any difference?

Posted By: clubfoot
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 10:18am

Looks like I was wrong, I checked my PC and I have indeed turned sleep off. The mouse problem happens sometimes when I bring my monitor out of standby/power save. It's just a regular USB mouse (logitech) plugged straight into the back of the PC. Never had problems before Win10. It happens at my workplace as well with our Win10 machines. Someone on another forum mentioned it happens to their entire fleet of PCs in the company haha
Don't mean to derail this thread though, I just mentioned it as I thought it was sleep related.

Windows 10 is still a work in progresses far as I am concerned. In windows 8.1 I have mouse in safe mode in Windows 10 NO!

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/1tkblf" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Kurttb1
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:16pm
Angry  I have an ASRock H110m-hds motherboard with a i6700 cpu and I have having Clock changing problems  last 3 days the DATE has gone forward between 11:00pm and 11:30pm then at 12:01 the DATE goes forward again making me a DAY forward on the Clock.  The time always stays correct.  I have tried several things however I have two other computers running the exact same Win7pro OS and 100% of the same programs (except for the motherboard drivers and ASRock App.) My other 2 computers are ACER computers and both of them have never had a problem with the CLOCK or time since they were installed over a year ago.  On this ASRock I have installed a Clean operating system 3 times on 3 different SSD's  and everyone of them has this DATE ISSUE of going forward twice, which causes my Antivirus not to sync properly and who knows what else is going on.  I have run  Malwarebytes 3.* ; Norton Security together on one and two,  and on this third I added PCMatic to see if that program could detect the problem,  no luck there.  THE forward jumping DATE  has to be a ASRock Issue or some kind of incompatibility with the ASRock drivers causing it.

I have been searching for answers for months now gave up for awhile but now I'm back looking for answers again.   Please HELP !!! THANKS,  Kurt  

P.S.   If this could be a bad motherboard ?? would ASRock replace it?  Or do they already know about the DATE problems and suppressing it?

-------------
Be the best you should be!

Posted By: emes
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:13am
" rel="nofollow - I have exactly the same problem with date changing randomly after resuming from sleep mode.
Have anyone managed to solve it?
Is there any feedback from ASRock support?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 3:44pm
The DATE CHANGING issue was solved by updating the bios on the ASRock Motherboard.

Go to the Website, pick your motherboard, find the bios updates,  save the update to your computer and later to a USB stick.   FIND the information on how to install the update manually that is by not using the ASRock App (which btw would not update my bios).  You can use the app to check the version of the bios on your motherboard and then check to see if your version is the latest one listed on the ASRock website.  If the Website has a later version and your ASRock APP will not install it then you must do it without the app.  That is why you need to find the info on how to update the bios w/o the app.  I'm not sure if they call it manually or something else.    I vaguely remember that you might be able to update the bios by using the F2, Del or whatever it says and use the onboard program but you will need to have the USB stick in the drive with the update on it, so that the internal program can find it.   These are SUGGESTIVE and I don't have time to look up all the EXACT info on how to do it  but I am sure it can be found somewhere on the ASRock site or maybe google " how to update my ASRock motherboard bios... etc.."    1st thing check the ASRock app on your computer to see what the present version of the bios is!  then go to ASRock website and check the lastest bios version released for your motherboard.  ((P.S  the ASRock App is a little program you installed on your computer using the installaton disk which came with the motherboard.   The drivers and programs on this disk are usually installed when you are installing your OS etc.  I am sure it can be installed later as an addon from the ASRock site if it is not already on your computer))   P.S.  ALL the drivers on your computer need to be checked for updates and updated as needed.  ONLY then can you address computer issues properly.  Hope this is not too confusing. K

-------------

Posted By: olode
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:23pm
" rel="nofollow - I have the same issue. Date on win 10 pro is jumping ahead after waking up from sleep.
I have installed the latest BIOS P7.10. Please help me to fix it, or do I have to replace my mobo?

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm
   ASRock     web site   

Info for H110M-HDS  (motherboard with 1151 intel socket)

Latest Bios     7.30

if the above bios does not fix it

then try  the BETA bios 7.32    see bottom of Bios page.

As with any Bios update,  take due care at your own responsibility, 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 4:59pm
A NOTE FOR THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE:    This is for the i-6700k CPU however the bios may be the same for others best to double check by doing a search on the site for your specific CPU  and the specific downloads / lists etc for your CPU.

-------------

Posted By: pistos
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:49pm
I have the same issue. My date keeps moving ahead after returning from sleep.

I have a H110M-DS/Hyper motherboard, with Bios P1.80

Running an i5-6400 CPU

Have tried everything suggested and nothing has worked yet.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:09am
" rel="nofollow - Thank you for your hint. Indeed there is new BIOS available.
Unfortunately I'm not able to use it.

According to both my knowledge and CPU-Z app I have mainboard: H110M-DGS R3.0
When trying to use Windows upgrade application I got message: 'the BIOS file does not support this model!!'. When trying instant flash I got message 'no image file found'.

It is strange - previous upgrade to 7.10 worked flawlessly (instant flash). Any ideas?

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:33am
" rel="nofollow - Tried 7.30, tried beta, tried 7.40 which appeared - the message is the same. Tried even DOS version. Any ideas/hints? Why it is saying the BIOS is not for the mainboard?

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:12am
Apparently the latest BIOS for 'R3.0' sub-version is 7.10 and no newer/beta for this... 

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110M-DGS%20R3.0/index.us.asp%3ccat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=H110M-DGS%20R3.0" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110M-DGS%20R3.0/index.us.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=H110M-DGS%20R3.0
The Above page looks like the correct one for your MB

Did you go from 1.10 to 7.10 directly or did you update to 1.20 then to 7.10

I do not know if it makes a difference but it looks like the 1.20 update fixes a few more things,  not sure how it works but if 7.10 doesn't include all these fixes you might have missed some updated items.  Normally I would think the latest bios update includes ALL previous fixes but who knows? I'm somewhat sure your bios can be reverted to previous ones then try the update again.   If the flash says the update is not for your MB then that is the way ASRock protects you from installing the wrong bios.   Also some updates come with their own update program and do not use the ASR Apps.  The updates are put on a fat32?  USB stick and Unzipped.

Also you might double check your Time Zone.

If all else fails and perhaps at the absolute last result.. There are some Clock/Sync programs which update your time and date automatically.  Some can be set to sync updates to your computers clock/date every few minutes to make sure your date and time are correct. 
  I used one of these for awhile until I found an updated bios fixed it, had it sync every 5 minutes so the most off sync time I had was less than 5 minutes.

Check this out.
1. Dimension 4

Dimension 4 is probably the most popular time correction software for computers running Windows operating system. It is free for personal use but commercial users will require to purchase a license at $10 each. What we like about Dimension 4 is it comes with a huge list of time servers, able to load the program at Windows startup through services, run a time sync once and then automatically exiting the program. Apart from that, if the time server fails, it can automatically retry the next time server until it gets a working time sync.

Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/auto-sync-pc-clock-on-windows-startup/" rel="nofollow -

Please search the internet for more specific info about using MSconfig I may have missed something since I am going from memory not absolutes.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net