URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3034
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 5:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: X99 BIOS Update
Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Subject: X99 BIOS Update
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 11:41am
Dear customers,

Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We released several later BIOS for X99 platform?<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">recently, please check the BIOS update list as the link then check your model page to download the latest BIOS version.</span>
http://www.asrock.com/support/download.asp?cat=BIOS" rel="nofollow - http://www.asrock.com/support/download.asp?cat=BIOS

If your model is not on the list or there's no later BIOS from June, please check the BETA ZONE and feel free to download the P version BIOS which is same as production BIOS version.

We will still keep following the feedback from everyone to improve user experience as best as we can.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD?

Replies:
Posted By: MrX1980
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 6:18am
Hi, can someone explain me more the point 3 and 4 what was done/changed ?
What benefits or disadvantage do I have with this Update?

1.Improve DRAM compatibility.
2.Update EZ OC table.
3.Update Microcode.
4.Update NTFS module.

Thanks

-------------
ASRock X99M Extreme4 / BIOS 3.00

Posted By: Foosking
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
My PC fails to boot after flashing. I loaded defaults and gets to Win 10 loading screen and freezes.
x99e-itx/ac

Posted By: ACIDSky
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:16pm
Sorry for my bad English. For x99 Extreme 6\ac latest BIOS is from December 2015. There is a Beta version from April 2016. When will the final version? For her x99 Extreme 6 several times already released a new BIOS.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:18pm
I have tried the P3.10 and beta P3.20 BIOS and neither work for me on this X99e-ITX/ac. When I go back to  P1.50 everything works after fixing the bad boots and repairing Windows 10. Nothing but lock ups with those.
I did notice my M.2 boot drive is not listed with those BIOS under Advanced/Storage Configuration. It says Not Detected. P1.50 shows my Samsung M.2. Could be the reason its not booting if it cant see it.
With P1.50 BIOS system runs great Overclocked. The new BIOS wont boot with defaults loaded.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 Extreme 5960X
Asrock X99E-ITX/ac
32GB G.Skill (F4-2400C15-16GVR)
EVGA GTX980 Ti
Corsair AX760i
Corsair H80i water cooling
Samsung SM951 M.2 (system drive)
Silverstone SG13 case

Posted By: MrX1980
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:31pm
X99M Extreme4

Currently the stable and new beta Bios has the same version number v.3.10 with different changelog and date, but has the same download links (Instant Flash). Could it be that you have accidentally overwritten the stable Bios ?

-------------
ASRock X99M Extreme4 / BIOS 3.00

Posted By: Baroque_Monster
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 7:27pm
I just baught the 99x OC formula.  I am having a difficult time updating any drivers.  My windows will post and during the opening screen it crashes.  I'm pretty sure this is a driver issue however I have only been able to flash the lan driver and update the firmware nothing else will take.  I attempted to flash bois update but it keeps staing the is no image present.  It wont let me boot from a wondows 7 boot repeir from usb, dvd or lan.  keeps telling me no bootable partition.  everything has posted fine all the memory, the setup screen is fine and bois seem to be working.  but it keeps blocking me from opening windows so I can run the included disk or installing the driver necessary for the dvd, usb, sata, ect?

Posted By: DStealth
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 10:50pm
Just wanna share my experience - with P3.20 and P3.30 BIOS on Extreme4/3.1 - The OC soket is not working at all with 6800k
With 5820k all is fine...Uncore and memory overclocking are terrible...even worse then they were on my previous board x99 extreme4...
Will not waitng for a new BIOS probably and will leave my 5820k as it makes 3ghz+ memory and 4ghz+ uncore...in opposite to 6800k which was not able to get over 2700mhz memory w/o loosing some modules(Dual/tripple) and 3300uncore...

Too bad, not sure if it's Asrock or Intel fault but is very annoying

Just to worn new users willing to jump on Broadwell-E train to avoid this MB...not sure how it works on Asus boards BTW

A photo with 6800k on the old board...the new one was terrible not even gonna share them
http://i.imgur.com/gckq0t6.jpg

Edit: On the other hand 5820k has become a complete new CPU...memory also. Very happy all at the minimum Voltages
~4300Mhz Uncore @ 1.3v + ~4.7Ghz@1.32v and 3025 cl14 T1 memory@ 1.3v...Just a miracle not achievable even closer with the old model w/o OC socket...
http://i.imgur.com/1pR5swx.jpg
Clap

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by DStealth DStealth wrote:

Just wanna share my experience - with P3.20 and P3.30 BIOS on Extreme4/3.1 - The OC soket is not working at all with 6800k
With 5820k all is fine...Uncore and memory overclocking are terrible...even worse then they were on my previous board x99 extreme4...
Will not waitng for a new BIOS probably and will leave my 5820k as it makes 3ghz+ memory and 4ghz+ uncore...in opposite to 6800k which was not able to get over 2700mhz memory w/o loosing some modules(Dual/tripple) and 3300uncore...

Too bad, not sure if it's Asrock or Intel fault but is very annoying

Just to worn new users willing to jump on Broadwell-E train to avoid this MB...not sure how it works on Asus boards BTW

A photo with 6800k on the old board...the new one was terrible not even gonna share them
http://i.imgur.com/gckq0t6.jpg

Edit: On the other hand 5820k has become a complete new CPU...memory also. Very happy all at the minimum Voltages
~4300Mhz Uncore @ 1.3v + ~4.7Ghz@1.32v and 3025 cl14 T1 memory@ 1.3v...Just a miracle not achievable even closer with the old model w/o OC socket...
http://i.imgur.com/1pR5swx.jpg
Clap

We are lucky that Broadwell-E processors work as well as they do. Consider the standard Broadwell processors, are they popular with PC enthusiasts? In a few scenarios, yes, but for over clocking and general CPU performance, no.

Question for you, as well as using a Broadwell-E compatible UEFI/BIOS version, have you updated the Intel Management Engine (IME) software to the latest version? It won't work miracles, but without it you cannot over clock Broadwell-E at all.

Yes, the default Broadwell-E cache speed is 2700MHz, that is pure Broadwell-E, not ASRock. Did you notice the Broadwell-E AVX Cache Multiplier Offset option (or whatever it is called?)

You're familiar with the general Haswell AVX instructions stress tests problem I imagine? That is, using CPU stress tests with AVX2 instructions cause very high core temperatures? That cause throttling due to cores reaching ~100C?

With Broadwell-E, Intel added a UEFI/BIOS option that will reduce the maximum Cache multiplier when AVX2 instructions are being executed. This Cache Multiplier Offset option only allows a negative value, reducing the Cache multiplier. What does that tell us about Intel's faith in a Cache OC?

Not to mention that to OC the Cache in Haswell-E requires a non-standard 2011-v3 CPU socket! That's not Intel approved or supplied. How mother board manufactures got away with that one, I don't know. Given some of the problems one mother board manufacture seems to have with that socket, apparently destroying Haswell-E processors randomly, is that socket really that desirable?

I've read in an OCN Broadwell-E thread, that their IMC is better than Haswell-E, and have seen the proof. Of course to those guys, a DRAM voltage of 1.35V is the starting point.

IMO, DDR4 memory is a mess currently. Between Haswell-E/Broadwell-E and Skylake, the XMP profiles are not interchangeable. Mainly with VCCSA and VCCIO voltages. You must experiment to find the appropriate values and settings for your DDR4 memory, setting all that you can manually.

My ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1 board has gained and then lost memory OC capability between UEFI versions. As compatibility is enhanced for some memory models, others seem to have diminished capabilities. DDR4 is still new, and it will take time before it gets sorted out. The X58/socket 1366 processors were infamous for their "missing memory" syndrome, I saw it myself on my X58 board, and that was with mature DDR3 memory. We seem to forget, nothing is guaranteed beyond Intel's specs, given our past success.

You may think an ASRock X99 Extreme4 board is an expensive, high end board. It's a mid range board, period. A $200 X99 board is really entry level, relative to this platform. Check the prices of the X99 boards by the company that you mentioned above. Yes, $500+ for some models. Over priced? Maybe, but I don't understand how ANY decent board can be sold for $100 or less.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 2:12pm
Great points Parsec Thumbs Up 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:00am
I gave up playing with 6800k as mentioned tried all the suggestions and it overclock Cache and memory worse than the previous model w/o OC socket...makes no sense to me.
In opposite to 5820k where all went up with the new board...
I highly not recommend people to use Asrock OC socket boards until someone gives a prove they are working properly. Memory overclock is terrible also I'm PPL and not using XMP since at least 10 year when i flashed SPD on them with better timings for boards that doesn't have such 2nd and 3th ones...so...

Please find a fix to overcome the issue not try to claim people they're not knowledgeable or able to do something.
Let me ask you a simple question
Your old and new(improved) board with OC soket
           x99 extereme4                                x99 extreme4/3.1
5820k Uncore 3600 mem 3050 cl15 went Uncore 4300 mem 3050 cl14
6800k Uncore 3300 mem 2750 cl13 went Uncore 3200 mem no boot with 2700 even no matter of timings 
seems normal ???

That was the reason to register in this forum
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Let's resume what i have understand from your post as directed to me:
1. Enthusiast platform from Intel is not common and for overclocking while enthusiast...
2. Bla-bla software related when already told it's a BIOS fault and not even booting with setting your old board does
3. Blaming Intel and to be glad OC is good from such lower base point as a start
4. Your customer is poor and what to expect from a 200$ board...no matter he bought 2 models and a 450$ CPU he needs to sell already as used one...

Only for the last words used related to an end customer i would have fire you if you were my employee.

Please use appropriate language and try to help people and your customers in opposite to blaming them or someone else for such faults.
"I highly not recommend people to use Asrock OC socket boards until someone gives a prove they are working properly." - This part of my post is related with Broadwell-E CPU only

Best regards,
Dstealth

Posted By: vmali
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:01pm
I tried to update bios using web flash  and crashed, My PC fails to post, not display anything.
my MB is a  x99e-itx/ac. There are any actions that i can do in order to be operational again?

Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by DStealth DStealth wrote:

I gave up playing with 6800k as mentioned tried all the suggestions and it overclock Cache and memory worse than the previous model w/o OC socket...makes no sense to me.
In opposite to 5820k where all went up with the new board...
I highly not recommend people to use Asrock OC socket boards until someone gives a prove they are working properly. Memory overclock is terrible also I'm PPL and not using XMP since at least 10 year when i flashed SPD on them with better timings for boards that doesn't have such 2nd and 3th ones...so...

Please find a fix to overcome the issue not try to claim people they're not knowledgeable or able to do something.
Let me ask you a simple question
Your old and new(improved) board with OC soket
6800k Uncore 3300 mem 2750 cl13 went Uncore 3200 mem no boot with 2700 even no matter of timings 
seems normal ???

That was the reason to register in this forum
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Let's resume what i have understand from your post as directed to me:
1. Enthusiast platform from Intel is not common and for overclocking while enthusiast...
2. Bla-bla software related when already told it's a BIOS fault and not even booting with setting your old board does
3. Blaming Intel and to be glad OC is good from such lower base point as a start
4. Your customer is poor and what to expect from a 200$ board...no matter he bought 2 models and a 450$ CPU he needs to sell already as used one...

Only for the last words used related to an end customer i would have fire you if you were my employee.

Please use appropriate language and try to help people and your customers in opposite to blaming them or someone else for such faults.
"I highly not recommend people to use Asrock OC socket boards until someone gives a prove they are working properly." - This part of my post is related with Broadwell-E CPU only

Best regards,
Dstealth

Many complaints, with very little information, and whom are you directing this to? "Your post directed at me"? Did someone reply to you in another thread? If so, what thread? Confused

Yes, Broadwell-E is not an improvement over Haswell-E, that is well known among X99 users that over clock. Given the performance of the very few Broadwell mainstream processors, that is no surprise IMO.

If "blaming Intel" is simply stating the facts that over clocks are not guaranteed, and that over clocking a processor voids the warranty (please ask Intel about this) then yes, I have blamed Intel.

Why the mother board is always the blame for the performance and ability to use hardware that is used with a mother board, I will never understand. Pinch

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
And what is your explanation about this ?
<div><br></div>Your old and new(improved) board with OC soket
seems normal ???<div><br></div>
Using your new board with my old CPU quite fine right now, but you have to fix this issue with Brodwell-E CPU...

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 4:54pm
Hey there DStealth.

This is the best Broadwell-E OC guide I found while considering it for one of my new builds.

Unlike most guides, this one doesn't slant one way or another instead just laying it out there bare like.

Note their thoughts on Uncore. It's not all pretty. Uncore and a couple other concerns of yours concerning Broadwell-E are decently and fairly documented in it.

And this comes from a motherboard manufacturer. One that has to deal with what Intel offers its end-users.

http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/06/17/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/" rel="nofollow - http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/06/17/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 10:06pm
Yep...
Super happy here, can I give you a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueYUwcZV-n0
For the sheety time spend with your board and 6800k...some of my views...none of them made on the new OC socket model...

Quite happy actually with the old CPU and your board capabilities...

Posted By: janwillem_v
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 4:39pm
I have the X99M extreme 4 and my pc also suddenly powers off after POST screen right after I update from BIOS 1.9 to 3.0 , 3.10 or 3.20. After the power down it starts itself up and freezes whill loading windows 10 x64 (1607). Even tried to reinstall Windows 10 but also freezes in this process. I reverted to 1.9 and everything works fine.
All my BIOS settings are at default.

My specs:
E5-2620v3
48 GB Samsung ECC reg mem
512GB M.2 Samsung SM961 SSD
Some sata harddrives (OZC Vertex 2 has Windows 10 on it)
GTX 960 2gb

Like the 3th post, maybe it is something because of the M.2 ssd. I cannot test it because it's a realy REALY small case and do not want to take everything out so I can get to my m.2 slot.
I'm booting from the OZC Vertex ssd (sata)

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 6:25pm
I wouldn't advise updating your BIOS to 3.0+ unless you are planning to upgrade your CPU to a Broadwell-EP. If your system is working well with 1.9 then stick with it. If you decided to upgrade your CPU at some later date you can update to the latest BIOS then. 

-------------

Posted By: janwillem_v
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I wouldn't advise updating your BIOS to 3.0+ unless you are planning to upgrade your CPU to a Broadwell-EP. If your system is working well with 1.9 then stick with it. If you decided to upgrade your CPU at some later date you can update to the latest BIOS then. 
Thank you for your anwser. The only problem I have with this version is that I cannot priortise my harddisks.
Windows setup makes my M.2 primary, so when I install windows on my Vertex 2 it creates some small bootfiles on my m.2 drive.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by janwillem_v janwillem_v wrote:

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thank you for your anwser. The only problem I have with this version is that I cannot priortise my harddisks.
Windows setup makes my M.2 primary, so when I install windows on my Vertex 2 it creates some small bootfiles on my m.2 drive.

Which is why you always install Windows with ONLY the target OS drive installed, or powered up, in the PC.

As you have seen, the Windows installer has a annoying habit of putting the boot/system partition on another drive, if it can find one during the installation.

Why MSoft does this, I don't know, and have stopped speculating about it long ago. This quirk of the Windows installer is fairly well known, and continues with Windows 10.

Once this happens with your Windows installation, you can fix it with your Windows installation media. You can remove the M.2 drive (cannot otherwise remove its power, right), boot from your Windows installation media, and select Repair. That will create the boot/system partition on your Vertex 2.

After you have booted the PC successfully from the Vertex 2, connect the M.2 drive again, and delete the boot/system partition on the M.2 drive.

If you would like to use the M.2 drive for Windows, we can tell you how to do that, depending upon which M.2 drive you have.

Did you say that an earlier UEFI/BIOS version allowed you to prioritize your drives in the Boot order, but the one you use now does not?

Also, I'm glad that your "vintage" Vertex 2 SSD works fine. OCZ got a bad reputation being the beta tester for the Sandforce SSD controller, or I should say their customers were the testers. But everyone did not have problems with their products.

-------------

Posted By: tnikos
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:50pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi,

I have the asrock x99 extreme 3, i Have 4x8GB Ram Corsair CMV8GX4M1A2133C15, i bought the motherboard the end of 2015
Today  i bought 4x16GB Corsair CMV16GX4M1A2133C15, and the motherboard did not open, did not accepted.

My Steps to Resolve

I had the version 1.50 and i upgrade to 3.50 but without positive result.
I just won to increase with old Memories(32GB) from 1833 to 2133Mhz speed

It is possible to work with those memories ?

Thanks
Nikos

Posted By: CPL0
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Also, I'm glad that your "vintage" Vertex 2 SSD works fine. OCZ got a bad reputation being the beta tester for the Sandforce SSD controller, or I should say their customers were the testers. But everyone did not have problems with their products.

Funny you should mention that, one of my OCZ (non-Sandforce) Vertex 4's suddenly disappeared from the system / BIOS a little while back. Tried the usual power reset, nothing so decided to have a look inside. No green LED when power applied, metal cover discolored around the thermal pad similar to what you might see with high temperatures. When software was used to monitor and check SMART never remembered seeing any temperature that looked hot.

Anyway, after checking some components with a meter seemed there was a shorted capacitor presumably a filter transient cap for one of the memory supplies. Which one though, decided to power it on and do the feel test. The cap that burns the finger is the faulty one. Sure enough there was a real hot one, used some BFAI to remove it, checked with the meter again and looked a lot better. Connected to PC via USB and now detected. I guess I should replace it rather than leave it empty but given this capacitor had failed after 1637 hours (the equivalent of less than 70 days) most likely the other caps would be from the same batch and could also prematurely fail.

I post this so if someone else  experiences the same problem and didn't quite get around to backing up something on the disk then there may still be a chance of recovery.

Faulty capacitor removed (red arrow C162) however could easily be any of those others such as shown with green arrow.

Hope this might prove useful to someone.

Posted By: a_smart_imbecile
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:19am
Hello,

Just updated my Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 to the latest BIOS P1.60 and I'm having heavy system stuttering and mouse pointer lag while watching Amazon Video and Netflix on any browser, but other streaming services like YouTube and Twitch are fine. This happens only with the new BIOS (P1.60), the old one (P1.40) runs smoothly. Tried a different bunch of GPU drivers and browsers, but no luck. Temperatures are OK. I'm on Windows 10 version 1709 and gaming-wise I have no problem.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:40am
Originally posted by a_smart_imbecile a_smart_imbecile wrote:

Hello,

Just updated my Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 to the latest BIOS P1.60 and I'm having heavy system stuttering and mouse pointer lag while watching Amazon Video and Netflix on any browser, but other streaming services like YouTube and Twitch are fine. This happens only with the new BIOS (P1.60), the old one (P1.40) runs smoothly. Tried a different bunch of GPU drivers and browsers, but no luck. Temperatures are OK. I'm on Windows 10 version 1709 and gaming-wise I have no problem.

I "want' to say you need to thank Intel for that lovely, NOT!, Spectre/Meltdown BIOSes are.
Note: It is NOT Asrocks doing but instead Intels.

Search Google. You are not alone.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:58am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Hello,

I "want' to say you need to thank Intel for that lovely, NOT!, Spectre/Meltdown BIOSes are.

Of course, I know it's Intel microcode's fault. Angry I'm just reporting my experience with the new BIOS for public knowledge.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:07am
Honestly, unless you use the system for business and have a high risk of being targeted, I would just stick to the old BIOS that worked properly. My philosophy is that if someone targets you and is intent on hacking you, they don't need an exploit, they will get you anyway. From what I understand, the odds of a mass attack using these exploits are very slim.

If security is a major concern for you, I suggest you make a big stink on the intel forums Wink As Wardog said, you are not alone. 

In the end, it's your decision to make, just sharing my 2c on the matter Geek

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:58am

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Hello,

Of course, I know it's Intel microcode's fault. Angry I'm just reporting my experience with the new BIOS for public knowledge.

Gotch'ya. Me bad.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:30pm
Just checked the newest v1.70 BIOS for my Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 motherboard, and the issue is still there. Unhappy After withdrawing previous v1.60, I wonder why Asrock even released this new one, since the change-log is exactly the same. Ermm

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:28am
I tried updating my X99E-itx/ac BIOS from P1.50 to P3.80 to fix the Spectre issues and it froze at 25%. After an hour like this I rebooted knowing its going to be bricked and sure enough it is.
I just sent support an email asking where do I get a BIOS chip with P1.50 on it.

Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:10am
" rel="nofollow -
I emailed support and have no reply from them so I ordered a bios chip from ebay. I installed it today and it works but I get error MAC addresses are invalid in both CMOS and Flash
My mb has 2 Ethernet ports. I have looked on the mb for a decal with the MAC but do not see one. The decal I see below the PCI-e slot has the correct amount of digits but it does not work. In windows ipconfig /all shows 1 correct MAC but the other looks incorrect 88-88-88-88-87-88.
I rewrote the 1 and it took so now I am trying to find the other one.
Where do I find the MAC address for the LAN ports? The FAQ says it on a sticker but that is not true for this model.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:16am
This forum is no help

Posted By: Jfear
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 7:39am
It's critical that your USB is formatted FAT32 and that you allow your system to reboot to the windows screen. That may take a few times. Typically just 2 times. I just updated to 1.80 for my X99 tiachi. Everything went smoothly. I hope this helps. 

Posted By: lucian.pescaru
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:27pm
The latest bios for X99 Extreme 4 and Windows 10 x64 1809 release does not support overclocking on 6900k intel CPU. Please update the Intel microcode in the bios files. Thanks.

More here:  https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/122477-windows-10-kb4100347-update-breaks-broadwell-e-overclocking/" rel="nofollow - https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/122477-windows-10-kb4100347-update-breaks-broadwell-e-overclocking/

Other manufacturers like ASUS and MSI already have bioses out that fix this issue...

Posted By: lucian.pescaru
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:43pm
Here's an updated 3.80 with microcode 0B00002E (latest) for X99 Extreme 4.

Here's how to update the bios:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99372-Rampage-V-Extreme-Instructions-for-updating-the-BIOS-file-CPU-microcode

You must download the latest apps, they have the microcode inside and follow the exact steps there. Do not ask me to do a custom bios for you :)

https://mega.nz/" rel="nofollow - https://mega.nz/ #!UcsFVYiA!Xq8SoSXqrpkegjyDoU9XIuHhg8HrQyLSh8o1ELKePLg

Posted By: RonsEZ2
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
" rel="nofollow - I have an X99M Killer 3.1 asrock motherboard. I dont know where I got BIOS P3.90 but that was an update from your app store months back. Then your app store gave mme update said I needed version 4 bios so I started to execute the file from app store dont think it ever updated my commputer did turn on and off but never seen bios come up and say updating and when I went to bios it still said ver P3.9. So then I started to notice computer lag freezing and then the blue screen of death stating watchdog error. I ran scan now and fixed any damaged or corrupt files in windows 10 system but now still noticed computer lagging and freezing. I tried again to execute the 4.0 bios update and I DLed from asrock site but I get version not for my product or words to that extent so nothing happens. I went back and downloaded version 3.8 from asrock and it did update my bios and I noticed computer responding much better. I then tried ver 4.0 that I DLED from asrock and same popup came up that version is not for my device. Yes I have an x99mkiller 3.1 yes app shop says I need the ver 4 update yes asrock lists this update for my MB so what gives why wont my MB update to ver 4 bios? and where did a version 3.9 come from that was on my motherboard as it was installed as a MB update but I cant find under support for my MB. Im running ver 3.8 all seems to be working better but dont know why everything says I need ver 4 bios yet it wont install. When I go on instant flash in bios all I get is there is an update ver 4 but all servers dont dl and after changing servers 2 times to try bios would freeze and Id have to power off and back on. Going to try instant again with this version 3.8 and see if it updates or bios freezes again. Cant understand asrock first I get a bios update that doesnt exist on the page for my x99m ver 3.9 then what they tell me I need wont install that is version 4. Whats the issue please. 

-------------
Ron

Posted By: Tickitacka
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:16am
Windows 10 KB4100347 breaks the overclocking capabilities with most X99 motherboard / Broadwell E combos. It loads microcode 0xB00002C at boot.

Breaking the overclock confirmed here for an i76800K on a X99 Taichi (with microcode 0xB00002A in latest BIOS).

ASRock, please provide an updated BIOS with the latest microcode 0xB00002E.

Thanks!!

Posted By: darkman1984
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:24am
Same here with the Fatal1ty X99X Killer (speculating if the USB3.1 version is affected too).
Update KB4100347 breaks overclocking ability running under Biosversion 3.40

Biosupdate needed for the new microcode.
Only workaround is to uninstall the update

Posted By: toche9595
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 9:05pm
I can not make the last update on my HP which is under Windows 8. Someone has the same problem? Do I have to update my Windows to Windows 10 for it to work?

Posted By: zandyr
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 9:02am
Me too I have this problem, and I could not make the last update on my computer which is under Windows 8.

________________________________________________________________________________
https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ https://downloader.vip/yify-yts/ https://downloader.vip/rarbg/

Posted By: ocmuresan
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm
Hello everyone, I hope I can get some help in here. I have X99 Extreme6/3.1 and I can't update BIOS. No matter what I do, after the update the system kind of locks just before entering BIOS. The monitor's green led turns on as if it has video signal from the graphics card, but it freezes there and after about 30 seconds the system shuts down and then it turns on by itself. After 2 or 3 attempts, the system shuts down completely. In order to keep using it I turn to the second BIOS and set the MB to copy the BIOS settings to the first chip. Anyone has any ideas what can be wrong ?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:10am
The Windows 10 1809 update has removed the ability to delete the KB4100347 update. Now I have no option to restore my overclock on my 6800K. Please help.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:13am
The Windows 10 1809 update has removed the ability to delete the KB4100347 update. Now I have no option to restore my overclock on my 6800K.

Is there a bios fix coming? If so when? Really getting frustrated.

Posted By: jmginer
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:27am
I've the same issue with X99 Extreme4/3.1 and a i7-6950X
The CPU is limited to 3.50 GHz

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:47am
Ok asrock I'll never buy another product from you. Since you provide zero support when there's a problem.

Posted By: Fuckman4
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Jfear Jfear wrote:

The Windows 10 1809 update has removed the ability to delete the KB4100347 update. Now I have no option to restore my overclock on my 6800K.

Is there a bios fix coming? If so when? Really getting frustrated.
You can do nothing but
(1) Modify the BIOS & add CPU microcodes manually.
(2) Charge Microsoft.

Posted By: Fuckman4
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:26pm
Not only ASRock but also other motherboard manufacturers are ignoring the KB4100347 issue.
Only workstation motherboards gave out the official BIOS fix.
So we can do nothing but modifying the BIOS manually and give a class action to Microsoft.

Posted By: paume
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Fuckman4 Fuckman4 wrote:

Not only ASRock but also other motherboard manufacturers are ignoring the KB4100347 issue.
Only workstation motherboards gave out the official BIOS fix.
So we can do nothing but modifying the BIOS manually and give a class action to Microsoft.

I am running a 6800k OC's at 4.0 MHz after removing Windows 10 KB4100347.

My X99 Taichi currently has BIOS vs 1.5 on it. I am not clear on the role of BIOS vs 1.8 with regards to Haswell E_CPU microcode 0B00002A, and whether installing this BIOS update would allow or not to run my CPU at an OC speed.

Could someone help? Thanks in advance

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 3:03pm
Coming from X99 Taichi BIOS 1.70 microcode 0xB00002A Broadwell E (i6800K):
Updated to Win 1809 and the overclock broke since Windows 1809 loads microcode 0xB00002C (just like the previous KB4100347 update). On the positive side, however, Win 1809 now uses Retpoline for Spectre mitigation which is much better from a performance perspective than previous mitigation measures.

Updated the BIOS to 1.81 which includes microcode 0xB00002E as per Intel's recommendation. Now overclock works again in Win 1809 while still maintaining Retpoline mitigation - GREAT! Thank you ASRock!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:58am
Thank you. I updated to 1.81 and regained my overclock. It would have been nice if asrock took it out of beta or at least indicated what it fixed.

Posted By: d_sharma
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:21pm
[URL=https://www.cml.org/blog.aspx?id=2485&blogid=127/]June 2018 Calendar[/URL]

Posted By: d_sharma
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm
[URL=http://www.cml.org/blog.aspx?id=2485&blogid=127/]June 2018 Calendar[/URL]

[EMAIL= ][/EMAIL] [URL=http://romi.com]xcfgbimk[/URL]

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:21am
Coming from X99 Taichi BIOS 1.81 microcode 0xB00002E Broadwell E (i6800K):

Updated to Win 1903 and the overclock broke again!

Updated the BIOS to 1.82 which includes microcode 0xB000038 as per latest Intel release from 2019-09-18.

Overclock working again - GREAT - Thank you ASRock! Highly appreciate that you do not abandon older motherboards!

Posted By: Royi
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 7:13pm
Is there a solution for the ASRock X99M Killer?

Posted By: MatWillam85
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:25am
I'm new here, too, and I will be happy to chat.

Posted By: MatWillam85
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:27am
Who tried it, microcode 0xB00002E Broadwell E (i6800K) works?

Posted By: GreyWizard
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:26pm
I haven't tried overclocking my i7 5820k processor yet, but do I need to update the BIOS on my X99M Extreme4?

Everything has been working fine, but I did just install Win10 for the first time today.

If things are working, should I not worry about updating the BIOS right now?

Would there be any other real reasons to update the BIOS on the X99M Extreme4 mobo?

Posted By: Zladimir
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:49am
Dear Asrock,

as seen in medias the known feature as resizable BAR is coming along. You by yourself started to offer an BIOS beta for the Z490 Taichi Mainboard on Intel platform.
We all know that resizable BAR is supported by Intel since Haswell, but never implented on firmware side by mainboard producers before.

So dear Asrock, please support our X99 platforms and subside us with an BIOS that activates / supports resizable BAR for us. Please.
By myself am an owner of an Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7. Like the other X99 it is an HEDT platform and we spent well money on you. Dont forget your long-lasting customers.

Tank you.
Greets from Germany

Stay healthy

Posted By: nickmosan
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 3:49pm
Quickbooks file doctor is a tool which is used to detect and troubleshoot the errors in Quickbooks Company files. If you are facing Quickbooks Error 6000,6150, 6130,and Quickbooks Error 6147, you can use Quickbooks file doctor to fix the errors.
https://quickbookstoolhub.com/quickbooks-file-doctor/" rel="nofollow - Quickbooks file doctor download

-------------
https://quickbookstoolhub.com/quickbooks--doctor/ - Quickbooks file doctor download</a>

Posted By: tanviagarwal1955
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:23pm
I'm facing the issue while updating it, but now it's successfully updated and I didn't find any problem in https://sportsdio.com/is-warframe-cross-platform-is-it-crossplay-supported/" rel="nofollow - warframe crossplay

-------------
https://sportsdio.com/is-warframe-cross-platform-is-it-crossplay-supported/" rel="nofollow - is warframe cross platform

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:33am
Hi Fellow Taichi owner,

I hope someone can help me with my computer crash Windows Blue Screen a few times every week. I disabled overclock since I don't need speed but stability.

I try Linux and Windows OS, the hardware does crash in either OS. So I have a hardware issue and there is so many setting in the BIOS and I am hoping one of those can increase the stability. I have this motherboard for a few years and I finally spend time understanding the issue.

I have several computers, I have been putting off the effort. If there is a better motherboard out there for my CPU and memory. I am all ears.

X99 Taichi P1.80
Intel i7-6800K CPU @3.40 GHZ
3400MHZ

32GB Dual-Channel
DDR4_A1 Corsair 16GB (DDR4-2133)
DDR4_B1 Corsair 16GB (DDR4-2133)

Posted By: MrDK
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:05am
Hi

Try installing bios version L1.82 (Beta bios) that helped me fix my stability issues when overclocking.

Hope that sorts out your issues. :)

-------------
My system:

X99 Taichi L1.82
Intel i7-6950X CPU @4.30 GHZ
4x8GB GSkill Trident Z Neo (DDR4-3000)
Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC

Posted By: idgutierrezc
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:12am
Originally posted by MrX1980 MrX1980 wrote:

X99M Extreme4

Hello, how are you? I have had a problem with my pc since I want to update it and I bought an m.2 nvme unit and an express pci adapter, I installed it and the pc detects it but it does not let me install the operating system, what can I do

Posted By: Noradavis
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 4:47pm
The quality of this motherboard is excellent. I've recently assembled a new unit using an intel Xeon E5-2650 V3 paired with this motherboard. I've had no issues.If you built your    own PC, you'll want to search for the motherboard manufacturer, like Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI.) Once you've found the Support page, there should be a section for downloads or drivers. Head there and search for BIOS or UEFI updates. Download the latest one and check the included instructions.In the Command Prompt window, at the C:\Windows\system32> prompt, type in cd\ and press Enter this will return you to the root directory. At the C:\> prompt, type biosflashname.exe /forceit and press Enter. After answering YES to the User Access control prompt, the update should commence without the AC adapter warning.

Posted By: bigheaded
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 2:17pm
https://t.me/pump_upp" rel="nofollow - https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !

Posted By: Rippy
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 10:56pm
happy owner of ASRock X99 Professional Gaming i7 aswell here,
hoping to see updated bios with resizable bar enabler added soon,
hoping not to have to resort to disassembling and reconstructing bios manually
sofar all attemps where unfruitfull, tho i have read some succes stories around for exact same platform, tough all required rebooting the machine after injecting instructions into EFI partition ,
since rebooting is a fickle issue on my particular board it is unfeasabble to get the instructions to stick
HEDT platform has amazed me and brought much joy for the past years, please enable us to enjoy it a bit longer :D

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/iyja99

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net