Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3875
Printed Date: 16 Jun 2024 at 10:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Enable VT-d on J3455-ITX
Posted By: CateFul
Subject: Enable VT-d on J3455-ITX
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 6:31pm
Current BIOS (v1.10) does not have the option to turn VT-d on, VT-x is enabled by default. J3455 does support VT-d according to ark.intel.com.

I think this is an oversight by Asrock. Please correct this asap. 

Replies:
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:57am
" rel="nofollow - No one knows about this?

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 1:01am
You will need to contact Tech Support.

-------------

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 1:21am
" rel="nofollow - Do you know with certianity that VT-d is not functioning as it should with the BIOS option "Intel Virtualization Technology" set to Enabled ?

Installed ESXi or the like and had it report VT-d is not enabled?

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:20am
I'm 100% sure VT-d is not functioning with Intel Virtualization Technology set to enabled. VT-x is functioning as expected but not VT-d. Installed ESXi and Xen and both reported VT-d disabled.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by CateFul CateFul wrote:

I'm 100% sure VT-d is not functioning with Intel Virtualization Technology set to enabled. VT-x is functioning as expected but not VT-d. Installed ESXi and Xen and both reported VT-d disabled.

Yea. That sux. Contact their Tech Support using the below links.

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp" rel="nofollow - http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:15pm
Tech support emailed me a copy of the updated BIOS v1.11. I will try it and report back here. It's not a public release yet but I'm sure they will include it in the next release.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 1:45pm
" rel="nofollow -

Tech support emailed me a copy of the updated BIOS v1.11. I will try it and report back here. It's not a public release yet but I'm sure they will include it in the next release.

Awesome.

If you would please, can you up that to a file hoster, ZippyShare, and PM me a link to it? That way should another User have this issue and yet before they publicly release it I can at least archive it here for any User till they do.

I'm a Moderator here so I'm always here.

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 2:19pm
Tech support is on a roll this week Star

Thanks for posting back and letting us know how your issue was resolved, enjoy Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

Awesome.

If you would please, can you up that to a file hoster, ZippyShare, and PM me a link to it? That way should another User have this issue and yet before they publicly release it I can at least archive it here for any User till they do.

Sure thing, check your pm please

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 12:02am

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

Awesome.

Sure thing, check your pm please

Got it CateFul. Thank you kindly.

Posted By: cr9c1
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 2:55am
" rel="nofollow - Hello. Curious if the BIOS update enabled the vt-d option for this board? Been looking at it to replace an old dying board of mine but I want vt-d. Thanks

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:43am
Originally posted by cr9c1 cr9c1 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Hello. Curious if the BIOS update enabled the vt-d option for this board? Been looking at it to replace an old dying board of mine but I want vt-d. Thanks

Cateful confirmed to me in a PM that it does allow enabling VT-d.

If and when you get this particular board PM me.

Posted By: cr9c1
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 8:10am
Thanks for your reply. That is good to know.  I've been researching several boards, including Asus' offering, but they cannot confirm whether or not VT-d is enable-able in their BIOS, and then I stumbled across this post.  I'm waiting to hear back from them before I make a purchasing decision. Ideally, I'd like to get something with a few more PCI-e slots, much like the ASUS J3455M-E but if I end up getting this board, I will certainly let you know.

I may seek the Pentium quad core version as well, the J4205.  Really appreciate your reply, thank you.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 8:32am
You're Welcome. That's what we're here for.

ASUS ???? Tongue

Posted By: kevin249
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:16am
" rel="nofollow - I got the same problem, could you send me the bios, please? thanks. 

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by kevin249 kevin249 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - I got the same problem, could you send me the bios, please? thanks. 

Too all that come here before ASRock places the file on their MB download page(s) PM me your email address and I'll arrange for you to have a 12hr window to download it from my personal Google Drive.

Posted By: gyuce
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 10:46pm
" rel="nofollow - Hello. Could you please sent me the bios file via email? A lot thanks.
I'll PM my email address to you.

Posted By: gyuce
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 8:07am
Ver L1.11 for this MB supports VT-d

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by gyuce gyuce wrote:

Ver L1.11 for this MB supports VT-d

Confirmed. He sent me a BIOS pic showing VT-d as toggleable between Enabled and Disabled

Posted By: sandrock
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:34am
Enabled VT-D in the 1.11 BIOS, it is now available in ESXI6.5
No issues at present.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by sandrock sandrock wrote:

Enabled VT-D in the 1.11 BIOS, it is now available in ESXI6.5
No issues at present.

Good. Great to hear.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com