URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=417
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cpu support for z97m Formular
Posted By: balotus
Subject: Cpu support for z97m Formular
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:10am
Hey there!

I got myself a i7 5775c and I got a z97m formular oc and atm the cpu aint working that great, I cant use the onboard graphic card and so on, a lot of stuff is missing in the bios. So I was thinking. When can I use this combo, asking as, are you working on a bios update for Intels range of Broadwell cpus.

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:30am
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20OC%20Formula/?cat=Download&os=BIOS" rel="nofollow - Bios version 1.80 added support from Broadwell CPUs, i7 5775c and i5 5675c. 

[edit] I did not see the M in your post, sorry about that. You are correct it seems there is not yet a bios update for the Z97M OC Formula. I have contacted ASRock tech support on the matter and will update you when I know more.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:06am
Thats for the 

Z97 OC Formula

What i got is the Z97M OC FORMULA

Hope there is coming a bios update for the m-atx part also or else its alot of money out the window for me =( Tho i find it strange that there is so much differents in bios support for the atx and m-atx ?

Posted By: odiebugs
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:59am
Xaltar is absolutely correct. 

He would not post the wrong info. The 1.80 has the update for the  slower broadwell CPU.

Check the CPU support list, they just ran out of room to add update 5th gen intel.

The Z97M OC, use the 1.91 update. The Broadwell support was added 2014.  

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:10pm
Thanks for the support Odiebugs but he is right, I did not see the M. It seems while the Z97 OC formula has support the Z97M OC Formula has yet to receive a Broadwell update. I am sure the issue will be addressed soon.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:28pm
That would be great, atm i got a pc next to me i can't use, and i really like the board, so it would be nice to get it running =)

Thanks for the reply's

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 6:39pm
Btw is there anything i can do too make Asrock aware about this problem else then sending a mail to the support team ?

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
All you can do is send a support ticket. From what I have seen Tech support is pretty good at getting back to people.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 2:05am
Ok Thanks, im going to try that =)

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thanks for the support Odiebugs but he is right, I did not see the M. It seems while the Z97 OC formula has support the Z97M OC Formula has yet to receive a Broadwell update. I am sure the issue will be addressed soon.

NO, he is incorrect, and you are right, I shouldn't have to post the right answer Over and Over.

The Z97 M OC Formula has a 1.80 UEFI and it does support the Broadwell.

THE 1.80 HAS BROADWELL SUPPORT FROM 2014.  

Again, he is wrong and you are correct, but there is a newer UEFI which is 1.90.

P.S. It doesn't matter what board you looked,  and if you looked at the wrong Z97, because there is a 1.80 for the Z97 M OC Formula and it does have Broadwell support. 

BROADWELL Support for 1.80 in the CPU SUPPORT LIST. 

So you're correct,  Clap 

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:18am
odiebugs

It aint working probely, there are no setup for intergrated graphic, and yes they say that in the year of 2014 ( bios is that added support are from there ) there is support, the problem is, the broadwell was delayed till 2015, and atm alot of board makers er making a probely support for those cpu's i myself have a i7 5775c rigth next to me, and after updates and so on i can tell you that there is not the correct support.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:26am
Originally posted by balotus balotus wrote:

odiebugs

It aint working probely, there are no setup for intergrated graphic, and yes they say that in the year of 2014 ( bios is that added support are from there ) there is support, the problem is, the broadwell was delayed till 2015, and atm alot of board makers er making a probely support for those cpu's i myself have a i7 5775c rigth next to me, and after updates and so on i can tell you that there is not the correct support.

Lets hope you have a quick response from ASrock with a new BIOS.  I would think you still have the IGPU settings, but with a CPU with no IGPU they would just not be highlighted and you couldn't make changes.

*** Yes I do see now that several MFG have had to reimplement  the code and most say to use only 10.18.14.4206 and later driver. 

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 1:19pm
Ye, i also hope for that, yes the IGPU option should work, but aint, so now i can only wait =)

Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:56pm
Greetings, This is ASRock Technical Department.

Please download the Broadwell supported BIOS P2.30 as below link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By6uXQzKtvmrRFd4d2F6Yk53NDg/view?usp=sharing
Then use Instant Flash function in BIOS to update the BIOS.
Instant Flash : http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=BIOS8

We will update the BIOS to the website as soon.

Thank you for your patience.

If any, please feel free to contact us!

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 8:40pm
Thanks alot =) ill check the bios out and will report back Cool

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:03pm
Im back from testing.

It dosent work. no sign of a IGPU what so ever. I tried 3 different screen, all in the HDMI, DVI, And the normal, northing. and ive looked in all the option in bios, you can not chose to boot with a IGPU.

The Iris pro 6200 is not to be seen in your bios update. And with dx 12 soon to be release some game companies are going to use a IGPU with the rest of the system.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:30pm
After a bios update it is always advisable to boot at least once then clear cmos. Have you tried setting share memory to a value other than auto? 

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:15am
Hey Xaltar

I did that. There are zero options what so ever for doing anything with a IGPU, Its like the bios dosent know that there is one. Im going to post the direct link to the cpu.

http://ark.intel.com/products/88040/Intel-Core-i7-5775C-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

Thats the one i have. Also the P2.30 bios is reporting the max is 3.3ghz, its 3.7ghz with boost. also the 5775c have a L4 128 mb chache

When you reset the bios, all the fans in the pc is going up and down in speed all the time. that is fixed when you go into the pcheatlh option and set the fans op yourself.

But in the end, if asrock can make it work really well they have fixed all of the Z97 chipset motherboards they have made to use Broadwell cpu's. Its not only me having truble with the z97m oc formula. its every one buying the same cpu across there Z97 products.

Cheers

Kim

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:22am
If you go to the Advanced > Chipset Configuration screen in the UEFI, there should be an option called Primary Graphics Adapter. Setting that to Onboard is how the iGPU is selected. That setting exists for any Intel processor with onboard graphics.

If the new UEFI that ASRock provided for you does not have the Onboard setting, then there is a problem with that UEFI version.

Besides the Primary Graphics Adapter option, in the OC Tweaker screen, there should be several options such as GT Frequency, GT Voltage Mode, and a few others that have GT in their name. Those are the options for the integrated graphics.

Again, if the new UEFI that ASRock provided for you does not have those options, then there is a problem with that UEFI version. But IMO I would be surprised if these options and settings were missing. The only thing I can think of that could cause that would be a missing update for the VBIOS for the integrated graphics.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:14am
hey parsec

yes there should be but no such options. thats the main problem. no option for IGPU what so ever. and no option that would indicate that i have a 5775c other that the nameing.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:59am

hey parsec

yes there should be but no such options. thats the main problem. no option for IGPU what so ever. and no option that would indicate that i have a 5775c other that the nameing.

Cheers

Kim
Everything you have said is in your BIOS,  I mean it's there for all CPU's not just Broadwell.

Something is wrong, could be a bad chip,  do you have another 1150 CPU  that you can drop in and see if your CPU is the problem, or can you get access to a different 1150 board and drop it in and see. 

This is why I said it from the beginning,   no matter what CPU, the UEFI has the options you said, so even if the code wasn't in you still should see them. 

You should contact tech support from ASrock website and tell them new UEFI version has missing settings and ask for a new UEFI chip, if there is no change after the new chip I would return board.  There is a slight chance the Broadwell could be the problem. 

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:57am
hey odiebugs

it works with a I5-4460 also tryed that. thats what bugs me alot, i havent tryed the i7 5775c in a other motherboard. Tho i have to look ad see if i got one laying around somewhere =)

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:42am

hey odiebugs

it works with a I5-4460 also tryed that. thats what bugs me alot, i havent tryed the i7 5775c in a other motherboard. Tho i have to look ad see if i got one laying around somewhere =)

Cheers

Kim
To me, with you having the newest UEFI, it sounds like the I7-5775 is causing the problem. 

If the UEFI is ok with another CPU but the 57 causes the UEFI to be missing settings, really sounds like CPU.

I think your best bet is to talk to tech support, this is a forum and hard to say when a tech will see it.

They can run scenario's, and see  if they can get this same problem, and they know more about the boards.

Notice how many problems Intel has had with this CPU and the delays.

P.S. Thanks for being such a nice and patient poster, you're one of the best and everyone hopes you get this resolved quickly.  

Thumbs Up 

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 5:17am
hey odiebugs

Yes I am going to talk to the tech support about this again, but now its weekend, so ill send them a log of what I have been testing out, maybe its just something funny that are missing and can get fixed, im also gonna take a talk with the intel support about this, never hurts to learn more about stuff Smile

Well, this can maybe help others too, so being patient is going to help all  Wink

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 6:34am
The newest VGA broadwell driver for win 7, 8.1 and 10 that is WHQL, - 15.40.3.64.4248

It's not on any board  MFG site.  

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:55pm
Have you tried examining the motherboard for bent pins in the CPU socket or dirt/thermal compound on the CPU pads?

Good luck.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:57pm
Hey Xaltar

Yes i did that too when i change the cpu's. all the pins are fine, and the cpu don't have anything on it. i even toke the hole pc apart. Just in case i was missing something, but it did'ten change anything. i even ran a prime to see if the cpu was not working ( using a discret graphic card ) and the cpu part works fine. tho its reporting that the max boost is 3.6 when its 3.7.

So all in all this is whats missing atm.

IGPU settings ( in total everything with a IGPU. it just dosent work/see it )
Wrong CPU settings ( It aint detecting the CPU correct. is it getting to hot? No. Water cooling is used )

The thing with these Broadwell cpu's are that they are a half tock from intels tick tock cycle. Some of the things this cpu have is the same as Skylake. so its a tricky one.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:09am
So none of the UEFI options exist when using your Broadwell CPU, and even the Beta UEFI provided by ASRock?!

That is wild and unheard of, as you know. I hope you understand any skepticism about this, since it is an issue that is unheard of. ASRock was confident that that UEFI version would work, but if you say it doesn't... how can we not believe it.

Speaking of believing it, if you really want to get our attention, put a USB flash drive in a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. Then go into the UEFI, bring up the screens that should but don't have the options for the Intel iGPU, make sure they are in the area they should be on the screen, and if applicable, click on the settings for an option, like Onboard and PCI Express on the Primary Graphics Adapter.

Then press the F12 key on the keyboard. The current UEFI screen display will be saved to the USB flash drive. You can then post one of more of those pictures, and make your case without any doubt.

One other thing, about all I've got to offer, is do you have the Intel IME software installed? That is the Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.0.1204.

Most people are skeptical about the need of this software on a 'Z' board with a 'K' processor, but do we really know what Intel has wrapped up in this software? I'm somewhat surprised that a new version of the IME software is not available for Broadwell.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:46am
Hey Parsec

Nope none. here are the screenshots http://imgur.com/a/7gYke" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/a/7gYke  and yeps, I got the intel ME on the system. all with loaded default option.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 4:55am

Hey Parsec

Nope none. here are the screenshots http://imgur.com/a/7gYke" rel="nofollow - http://imgur.com/a/7gYke  and yeps, I got the intel ME on the system. all with loaded default option.

Cheers

Kim
Now did you really miss the slider to bring up the rest of the options,  move the long slider down and take a screen shot again so we can see if there really missing.

Also the OC tweak screen and move the slider so that the  primary plane current is at the top so we can see below at the GT settings.

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:12am
Hey odiebugs

Ive added more pictures.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:39am
I've been through the pictures. The Chipset Configuration, Primary Graphics Adapter does look wrong, only PCI Express as a setting. That is one of the screens, options, and setting I wanted to see. That is 50% of the proof of your situation, and is clearly enough to make your case IMO. If you cannot select the iGPU, how can you use it?

But as odiebugs said, more options in the OC Tweaker screen will wrap it all up for us. The iGPU voltage settings are farther down in the OC Tweaker screen, I'm only seeing one part of that screen, the upper portion only. That is after you said you posted more pictures.

The Advanced, CPU Configuration screen does not have any iGPU options, at least not on my Z97 Extreme6 board.

Sorry to be picky, as I said IMO you have made your case that something is wrong. You showed the Main UEFI screen, with your CPU and UEFI version information, which confirms that fine.

Please understand this is the first case in this forum of this happening with a Broadwell processor. Actually, this is the only thread related to a Broadwell processor that I can recall.

Are the DMI and PCI Express De-emphasis options on the default settings?

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:42am
Thanks Kim.

Just one more please, the OC Tweak, like I said in last post, so we can see if GT settings are there. 

As far as settings they are there for what you posted, but the onboard is missing under primary, which is a secondary SUB setting.

I think the IGPU on the CPU is bad and the UEFI doesn't see it. 

But wait, others are more knowledgeable.

That was fast Parsec, yes I agree, this is a once in a lifetime problem. 

Sorry Kim, I didn't see Parsec post asking for what I did, don't mean to keep asking.

The IGPU mains under chipset and share mem are missing, sorry I see that now after double checking.

Some settings can be missing when the main options aren't available, have seen it, but I can't test it with this scenario.  Some should be grayed like you said,  so you'll need to wait and see if another UEFI update corrects it.  Just hoping it's your CPU.  Wink Hate to think it's the board.

-------------
asrocking

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:48am
Hey parsec

There is northing what so ever about a IGPU, not grayed out as in normal setup, As ive been saying, its like the motherboard dosen't know there is a IGPU. I use a discrete grahic card to take the pictures, but even then there should be a option for it, and to say, ive never seen something like this, never, and ive been playing a long time with pc, servers ect, both as a hoppy and as work.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 7:22am
Hey odiebugs

Yes, there is northing we can do atm then wait and see if there is coming a update again, but its weekend and people aint working on a bios when they can spend time with the family =) so have to see whats going to happen monday, i have some other motherboards coming in to test, then i just have to see if they can handle they cpu.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 9:42am

Hey parsec

There is northing what so ever about a IGPU, not grayed out as in normal setup, As ive been saying, its like the motherboard dosen't know there is a IGPU. I use a discrete grahic card to take the pictures, but even then there should be a option for it, and to say, ive never seen something like this, never, and ive been playing a long time with pc, servers ect, both as a hoppy and as work.

Cheers

Kim

I believe you, and yes it does seem as if the iGPU is not working. I've never used a Haswell processor that did not have an iGPU, so I don't know what the UEFI screens would look like in that situation.

Before anything else in this post, try this:

In the Chipset Configuration screen, find the IGPU Multi-Monitor option, and set it to Enabled. I see it is Disabled (default) in your pictures. This is a bit of a long shot, but worth a try. With IGPU Multi-Monitor set to Enabled, both video sources should work.

Just for reference purposes, since yours and my Z97 boards don't have identical OC Tweaker screens, this is what the iGPU options look like. They are the options that have "GT" in the name:

This is the Chipset Configuration screen:

I'm using the iGPU on my Xeon E3-1276 v3, and even without a graphics card connected to the board, I have a PCI Express option.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
Hey persec

I'll give it a shot to see if anything related to what your board can do is on mine, im going to report back later.

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 1:49pm
Im back.

There is no option as shown by your motherboard in the oc tweaker option. it was worth a try. Theres is no indication what so ever that this cpu have a IGPU or in the Asrock uefi bios. Simply northing at all.

Cheers

Kim

Posted By: ASRock_TSD
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:12pm
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

We tested i7-5775c on Z97M OC Formula with BIOS P2.30, the system will show "Onboard" item in "Primary Graphics Adapter". Please refer the picture as below: 

However, when we start to do the test, the system has the issue just as same as yours(BIOS P1.30).
Therefore, we think the problem might related to the BIOS or the CPU.
We recommend you to install the i7-5775c to another system to verify.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:05pm
Hey ASRock TSD

I found out what was wrong and fixed it.

The problem was the 1.8 and 1.91 bios. If you update the bios with them something is going wrong with IME. So how to fix it is like this.

Download the p1.3 bios ( First bios made for the motherboard )

Use Instant flash. ( The card can make a hardboot, as in it turn the machine on but northing happens, Turn the power off, dont use reset.

When its done updating with the p1.3 use the instant flash DHCP tool. ( Its going to make a hardboot again. Just turn off the pc and boot again. Use the instant flash DHCP for the 2nd time )

Now it will install the New IME and the bios and you can enjoy your new broadwell cpu!

Cheers

Kim

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:36pm
Thanks for posting the solution Balotus Thumbs Up

Enjoy your new CPU Cool

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:54pm
hey Xaltar

No problem. It toke alot of hours to make it work, and to find out what went wrong, but now other people can get it to work also Thumbs Up

Cheers

Kim

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net