Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4238
Printed Date: 18 Oct 2024 at 3:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: No display signal and no POST
Posted By: boxboxer
Subject: No display signal and no POST
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:40pm
First time building a pc. After putting together all the parts and connecting everything, I proceeded to plug in a hdmi/vga to the monitor. Everything turned on, the led, fans of the processor, gpu, psu, and case were spinning, but the monitor displayed a "no signal input check video cable" message.

I have tried:
-reseating the parts
-changing ram sticks
-using one ram stick
-with and without a gpu
-clearing cmos
-using integrated gpu

Specs:
-Mobo: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+
-Processor: AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz Quad-Core
-PSU: RX-730Z
-GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies:
Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:33pm
" rel="nofollow - You haven't by chance overlooked the 4-pin CPU Power in the upper left corner have you?

EDIT: Also what Make and Model is the mem you're using?

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by boxboxer boxboxer wrote:

I proceeded to plug in a hdmi/vga to the monitor.

Which one? HDMI or VGA?

And not criticizing yet why the 750ti over the comparatively price 1050ti?

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:35pm
I have the 4 pin plugged. The memory card Model is F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. I tried both hdmi and vga. I haven't looked at many other graphics cards because this one was recommended to me.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Also thanks for the reply

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 1:29am
" rel="nofollow - Directly below the CMOS battery in the lower right corner there is a sticker covering the BIOS chip. What is printed on it?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:00am
Only sticker I see near the cmos battery is a sticker labeled P2.60

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 7:24am
" rel="nofollow -

Only sticker I see near the cmos battery is a sticker labeled P2.60

Great. As you need 2.40 or above for the A8-7600 support.

Is this feeding into a computer monitor, or what one classify as a television?

Answer whether monitor or TV, then I'll maybe suggest pulling the CPU and looking with a magnifying glass for bent or broken pins.

You memory is compatible, the BIOS too.

I'm not hip on RaidMax PSUs but even one listed at 730(likely ~580w) still shouldn't be a problem here considering it's new. But then again .....

EDITED, 2.40 NOT 2.10

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 7:33am
I tried a monitor, but not a television and there are no bent pins on the cpu.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 7:54am
Also, the psu was loaned to me from someone, so it's used

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 1:06pm

Also, the psu was loaned to me from someone, so it's used

Almost every time we see "used power supply" it turns out to be the issue Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm
" rel="nofollow - Yeah, I've been suspecting that as well. The owner originally said the psu can be a little "moody," probably referring to its problem starting up. Though turning on the psu was a problem, all I had to do to get it back running was to jump start it, so I don't really know if there's any issues beyond that. There may be an issue with its ATX power connectors, but using a multimeter to test whether the connectors work is kinda inconvenient for me, time and financial wise. If I were to replace the psu as a fast and easy option, would you have any recommendations for one that is compatible and with the best price? Also, a big problem is the fact that the internal speaker isn't working, could that be the psu or mobo's fault? So would replacing the mobo also be necessary?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:19pm
And thanks for bearing with me!

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:46pm
The PSU is the backbone of your system, if there is anything wrong with it, at all, replace it. The PSU should never be that thing you leave till last and buy whatever is cheapest or use what money you have left over. The PSU should be the first thing you research and buy (after you have picked out your parts). 

A 450w PSU should be more than enough for your system and allow you to upgrade a little here and there. Look for something with an 80+ Bronze rating from a known brand. Corsair, Evga, Seasonic, XFX, Cooler Master, Zalman, OCZ etc. If it costs less than $30 it is probably junk. I usually shoot for about the $40 mark for a 400 - 450w PSU.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:59am
" rel="nofollow - Is this alright? EVGA 100-B1-0450-K1 450W Bronze 80 Plus Power Supply

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:24am

" rel="nofollow - Is this alright? EVGA 100-B1-0450-K1 450W Bronze 80 Plus Power Supply

That's cutting it close considering your GPU. Not much headroom.

750ti -  Min 350w
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

In just now looking at NewEgg:

$5.00 more and you can get the 600w of the same model:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817438014

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:10am
" rel="nofollow -

Yeah, I've been suspecting that as well. The owner originally said the psu can be a little "moody," probably referring to its problem starting up. Though turning on the psu was a problem, all I had to do to get it back running was to jump start it, so I don't really know if there's any issues beyond that. There may be an issue with its ATX power connectors, but using a multimeter to test whether the connectors work is kinda inconvenient for me, time and financial wise. If I were to replace the psu as a fast and easy option, would you have any recommendations for one that is compatible and with the best price? Also, a big problem is the fact that the internal speaker isn't working, could that be the psu or mobo's fault? So would replacing the mobo also be necessary?

If a PSU needs to be "jump started" (whatever that is...) to get it working, I would never use it.

The PSU is the heart of any PC, skimping on it is asking for trouble. Quality is more important than power capacity. Look for sale specials in the $50 - $100 range if budget is a factor. Look for "80+ Gold" efficiency, which means higher quality build, and at least a five year warranty. If you use one video card, you don't need more than 600W.

You can't hear the internal speaker because the board does not have a built in speaker. I haven't seen a board with a built in speaker in many years, it's not done that way anymore. POST beep speakers are either provided with a PC case, or you get to buy one. Your board has a header for a POST beep speaker. Also, there is an option in the BIOS to enable/disable this speaker, which is Disabled by default.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:48pm
For $5 more the 600w is a great choice. 

450w is adequate for that system but will limit upgrade options in the future should you decide to purchase a more powerful GPU. I recommended that wattage based on price concerns but if the 600w is only $5 more then it is definitely the way to go and will allow you to upgrade later, even to more power hungry GPUs.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:06pm
Thanks guys, it was the PSU after all. I went to buy a new one and replace it, once I started it up the display worked! Also thanks for recommending this PSU!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:24pm

Thanks guys, it was the PSU after all. I went to buy a new one and replace it, once I started it up the display worked! Also thanks for recommending this PSU!

Glad to read it's working now for you. Lesson learned.

Clap

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net