Forum Description: Question about ASRock AMD motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4537
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 4:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RGB LED Issues
Posted By: Nejaa
Subject: RGB LED Issues
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:19am
I purchased the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer AM4 mobo.  I know it's a new platform, so there are going to be growing pains, but the BIOS needs some help.  In addition to no option for an instant flash within the UEFI (noted in another recent thread), the only option for the RGB LED is "Off."  I would really like to have the board LEDs work.

I'm hesitant to try ASRock's complex, command prompt flash process until I know that flashing will fix the problem.

Also, the RGB LED Windows utility for AM4 boards is nowhere to be found.  It wasn't included on the CD and it's not available on the web.

Everything else seems to be working fine, but I haven't really been able to stress test it yet.

Replies:
Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 1:15pm
Welcome to the forums.

As you said, AM4 is very new still. The Z270 boards took a few weeks before the RGB app became available too. The RGB lighting on my Z270 Gaming K6 was little more than a gimmick until the software was released and enabled me to actually set it up properly.

We are waiting on answers about the instant flash issue, we don't know yet if it is a platform limitation or if it is missing because the platform is still in it's infancy. By what we have found so far digging through user manuals and such it seems that it is by design.

-------------

Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:30pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

I purchased the Fatal1ty Pro Gamer AM4 mobo.  I know it's a new platform, so there are going to be growing pains, but the BIOS needs some help.  In addition to no option for an instant flash within the UEFI (noted in another recent thread), the only option for the RGB LED is "Off."  I would really like to have the board LEDs work.

I'm hesitant to try ASRock's complex, command prompt flash process until I know that flashing will fix the problem.

Also, the RGB LED Windows utility for AM4 boards is nowhere to be found.  It wasn't included on the CD and it's not available on the web.

Everything else seems to be working fine, but I haven't really been able to stress test it yet.

Which board? The Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming I assume?

The ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.12 Windows utility has just been posted for all the ASRock Ryzen boards. It's the same version for all versions of Windows, this is the Windows 10 download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Professional%20Gaming/index.asp#osW1064

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: twf85
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 6:43am
" rel="nofollow - Is anyone else having problems with the ASRRGBLED app? I can't get it to run. The admin prompt comes up, but nothing happens after hitting OK. The loading indicator spins for a bit, and then nothing.

-------------
https://valid.x86.fr/qc9lr0" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: MunkeyBalls
Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

" rel="nofollow - Is anyone else having problems with the ASRRGBLED app? I can't get it to run. The admin prompt comes up, but nothing happens after hitting OK. The loading indicator spins for a bit, and then nothing.

Same problem here on windows 10 x64 with a AsRock X370 Fatal1ty K4 with the latest bios (1.20?)

This is from the related error from event viewer:
Faulting application name: AsrRgbLed.exe, version: 1.0.12.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6dcbd4a1
Faulting process id: 0x1498
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c4f4a32eb3d8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\AsrRgbLed.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 04745827-e5f0-4d1a-95e7-fd53e21beb29
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Posted By: ThePresidente
Date Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:51pm
Same issue here. Latest bios 2.20

Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:16am
I installed F-Stream and the App Shop programs and now it's working

Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 7:19am
It's working fine for me as well.

I used APP Shop to download and install it, no problems at all. I have my board's ASRock A-Tuning utility installed, which is not required as far as I know.

-------------

Posted By: Nerio_Lab
Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 8:41am
RMA

-------------
The One

Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

It's working fine for me as well.

I used APP Shop to download and install it, no problems at all. I have my board's ASRock A-Tuning utility installed, which is not required as far as I know.

For me it only started working after installing these other applications, dont know exactly which one of the two fixed it though

Posted By: Optik
Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:30pm
my rgb working fine and a-tuning tool too
many peaople have issues with that.

-------------
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:59am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by MunkeyBalls MunkeyBalls wrote:

which applications exactly? do you have windows 10 creators update?

anyway i've installed something with APPshop but ASRRGBLED doesn't work anyway. i think that windows update messed up with something.

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by ThePresidente ThePresidente wrote:

" rel="nofollow -

anyway i've installed something with APPshop but ASRRGBLED doesn't work anyway. i think that windows update messed up with something.

This one:
F-Stream Tuning Utility ver:3.0.132
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#osW1064

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:50pm

" rel="nofollow -

This one:

Definitively doesn't work for me. I've tried in the same way. Today i'll try to reinstall windows avoiding that windows update downloads bugged drivers.

Also i'll wait for asrock's answer. I know that this isn't a priority but it would be nice if i can understand if the mobo is ok or not

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:29pm

" rel="nofollow -

This one:

Definitively doesn't work for me. I've tried in the same way. Today i'll try to reinstall windows avoiding that windows update downloads bugged drivers.

Also i'll wait for asrock's answer. I know that this isn't a priority but it would be nice if i can understand if the mobo is ok or not

Weird, I had exactly the same issue beforehand, tried opening the .exe and it would should a spinning circle and nothing would happen. 

I'd doubt it's a hardware issue, have you checked the BIOS options? I think there is a setting there to enable/disable LED aswell.

Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:07am
" rel="nofollow - Lol, maybe it's weird what happened to you 

anyway, yes, Led option in the bios is ON.

i'm trying something different now, i'll tell you later how it ended...

edit: nope, reinstall the os didn't work :(

which bios do you have?

Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:27pm
I am using the latest bios (2.20), but even with this BIOS it didn't work at first.

Date Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:05am
The latest is the 2.30 now

Date Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:00am
After contacting Asrock's support they sent me an utility to wipe and reprogram Led flash and it worked! 

Date Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:25am
We've had a report in the forum that G.SKILL's RGB software for their RGB memory conflicted with ASRock's RGB software when used at the same time.

Imagine one manufactures RGB control software for their CPU cooler, used with a memory manufacture's RGB software, and the mother boards again different RGB software. Then add RGB light strips connected to motherboard RGB headers that may not be quite compatible.

RGB lighting might make itself extinct if some standards aren't designed, and quickly.

-------------

Posted By: redbeanjaja
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
HI,i have the same problem
would you like to send me the utility to wipe and reprogram Led flash
this is my email: Mastergrade@hotmail.com

Posted By: Baron
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Board: X370 Gaming K4
BIOS: 2.50
Apps: APP SHOP,  ASRock RGB LED (v1.0.21),  ASRock F-Stream (v3.0.132)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Both LED Channels set in BIOS to "static" and 100 R - 0 G - 0 B
I have no extra LEDs other than red ones on my fans that are red by design so the BIOS settings in 2.50 dont appear that they would impact the LED settings for the chipset heatsink

The normal default color and pattern of the chipset heatsink is a "breathing" red.  I wanted to set this to a "static" red.  When I installed the ASRock RGB LED APP and ran it for the first time, it immediately, without me doing anything, set the chipset heatsink LED on the mobo to a "static" white.  Any changes I  make in the  ASRock RGB LED app are not shown by the  chipset heatsink LED.  Any time I try to use the "on//off" toggle button on the app for the chipset heatsink, the toggle button and the drop down menu become unresponsive.

Please help me change the chipset heatsink LED back to red.  i dont care anymore if it is static or breathing. 

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Baron Baron wrote:

BIOS: 2.50
Apps: APP SHOP,  ASRock RGB LED (v1.0.21),  ASRock F-Stream (v3.0.132)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Both LED Channels set in BIOS to "static" and 100 R - 0 G - 0 B
I have no extra LEDs other than red ones on my fans that are red by design so the BIOS settings in 2.50 dont appear that they would impact the LED settings for the chipset heatsink

The normal default color and pattern of the chipset heatsink is a "breathing" red.  I wanted to set this to a "static" red.  When I installed the ASRock RGB LED APP and ran it for the first time, it immediately, without me doing anything, set the chipset heatsink LED on the mobo to a "static" white.  Any changes I  make in the  ASRock RGB LED app are not shown by the  chipset heatsink LED.  Any time I try to use the "on//off" toggle button on the app for the chipset heatsink, the toggle button and the drop down menu become unresponsive.

Please help me change the chipset heatsink LED back to red.  i dont care anymore if it is static or breathing. 

Baron, by chance do you have BOTH RGB_LEDx and the USB connections to the MB connected?

You should have gotten the square Wraith MAX heatsink.

Only one of the RGB connections need made. Not both.

Please post back as I have another trick up my sleeve if that isn't what's happened there.

Posted By: phantz
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:39am
Board : X370 Killer Sli
BIOS : 2.50
CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 1600
APP : APP SHOP, A-Tuning v3.0.132.0,  Asrock RGB Utility v1.0.21.0

Hi, it seems that I am having the same problem as baron, RGB utility ran for the first time and work for a while until it turn my mobo heatsink led to static white, which I no longer able to turn off either via RGB utility app or bios

Posted By: vlado
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
" rel="nofollow - Board: X370 Gaming K4
BIOS: 3.00
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Same issue as Baron. Mobo RGB Led stuck on white when I first started ASRock RGB Led App. No additional led strips attached. Is there any solution how to fix that and revert back to red light ?

Posted By: vlado
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:51am
CPU:  https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1700X-Processor-YD170XBCAEWOF/dp/B06X3W9NGG" rel="nofollow - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Hey Guys, I found a way to fix the RGB lights on my board. Here is what I did:

1)  I have installed ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.24 application
2)  open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.  

I've got following messages

----------------------------------------------------------------------
   wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = X370 Gaming K4
BIOS Version = P3.00
Reading file: nu51_1.08...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000DA, Device ID: 0x00210050
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CheckSum: F817

Motherboard RGB lights are working again ^_^

Posted By: pixelectric
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:31pm
This method worked great for my AB350M board. Mine prior was stuck on flashing every color fast. Thanks!

Originally posted by vlado vlado wrote:

2)  open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)
3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"
4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.  

Posted By: S0UNDWAVE
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:44pm
I have the Killer Sli AC 370 and figured why not giive it a go.
I tried this method you poisted and it says "CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match.
FAIL"

Posted By: Newgo17
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:15pm
" rel="nofollow - Any Idea on whether or not the boards support Addressable RGD LED's? or is there an outside program that will help? specifically, the b350 Fatality ITX board

Posted By: davidallen353
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:14am

CPU:  https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1700X-Processor-YD170XBCAEWOF/dp/B06X3W9NGG" rel="nofollow - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

Worked for me except the filename was different. It was "nu51_1.10". You have to check what is in your particular folder.

Posted By: Malachy
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:11pm
i know i'm a little late but i just got my Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 and after installing the rgbled program then both of these mine still won't work, but somehow set my mobos rgbs to blue. i've downloaded the 32 and 64 bit versions for windows 10 and 7 but nothing is working Cry

Posted By: seymour1982
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:50am

BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

Thank you...it worked! now my x370 taichi chipset heatsink turns off and can use the rgb led app to change color. Thank you!

Posted By: Sync
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:10am
Damn tho this doesn't work with blue led colors not showing on the led fan. But thanks for this. I'm using asrock ab350 pro 4 btw.

Posted By: Baltogok
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:41am
This has bothered me so much since i got my board. You are a star. I did have to change the version type to 1.10 but it worked a treat.

Posted By: nyda
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:28am
This was so much help def works... just remember to change the file name at the end to whatever yours is in the folder....! Thanks I was in a bit of a panic!

Posted By: abacabie
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:24am

I wish i had found this an hour ago it took me ages to describe the problem when i sent a support ticket in to Asrock lol, anyway this worked great, like has been said i did change "File=nu51_1.08" to "File=nu51_1.10" as that was the version in the folder, my LED`s went silly after i flashed bios 4.70 on a ab350 pro 4, happy days and thanks for posting this, i`m sure a few people are stuck by the problem and would find this useful. 

Posted By: chex
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:35am

BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

Yes! Fixed the RGB lights on my X299. I also had to change the command to match what was in my directory. Thanks!

-------------
Chex
------------------
ASRock X399 Taichi
Threadripper 1900x
DDR4-3200 C16 (32GB)
ASUS Strix ROG GTX 1080 (8GB)
Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB Internal SSD - M.2
Enermax LIQTECH TR4 280

Posted By: dariomartial
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:59pm
actually I do have the same problem, I try with asrock support and 1 week pass and still no answare,ifanyone else having problems with the ASRRGBLED app please let me now if you are aware of a possible solution, I can't get it to run. The admin prompt comes up, but nothing happens after hitting OK. The loading indicator spins for a bit, and then nothing.while in other occasion a error window came up and that it a little portion of RGB appear and nothing else.

Posted By: parinaspaul
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by seymour1982 seymour1982 wrote:

BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

Thank you...it worked! now my x370 taichi chipset heatsink turns off and can use the rgb led app to change color. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

this doesn't work for me.
green led always on even if i change the color to blue
red led not turning on.

it was ok on the beta bios 6.63 
then i updated my bios to 6.70 then the rgb issue comes up.
i tried turning back on the previous beta bios but still doesn't work 

can anyone help me?

-------------
Ryzen 3 2200g
AB350m Pro4
-bios version 4.70
Trident Z 2x4gb 3200mhz

Posted By: dariomartial
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:50pm
I do have sort of same problem but myne is related on software not starting, showing a window posting error violation code ffffffffff or hhhhhhhnothing else, closing window just a portion of the program showing, I solved the probkem running compatibility test and result running vompability for window XP SOLVED THE PROBLEM, NOW MY SOFTWARE IS RUNNING PERFECTLY and alll RGB light work and I can change style and all I want, HOPE THIS CAN HELP !
Forgot to say I am running Window 10 pro 64 bit!

Posted By: parinaspaul
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:50am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by dariomartial dariomartial wrote:

I do have sort of same problem but myne is related on software not starting, showing a window posting error violation code ffffffffff or hhhhhhhnothing else, closing window just a portion of the program showing, I solved the probkem running compatibility test and result running vompability for window XP SOLVED THE PROBLEM, NOW MY SOFTWARE IS RUNNING PERFECTLY and alll RGB light work and I can change style and all I want, HOPE THIS CAN HELP !
Forgot to say I am running Window 10 pro 64 bit!

-------------------

How did you run it on compatibility test?

-------------
Ryzen 3 2200g
AB350m Pro4
-bios version 4.70
Trident Z 2x4gb 3200mhz

Posted By: TheNoize
Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:25am

BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

Based on the good feedback, I tried this. RGB LED 1.0.34 was giving a start error after I updated to 3.60 BIOS

All it did was reset lights to blue...goodbye beautiful custom purple :( 

Now I try to start the RGB LED app and it won't even say anything, won't start... Please help :(

-------------
Taichi X370 | Ryzen 1700 | GSkill B-Die 2x8 GB

Posted By: Ryzen81
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:59am
I have the same issue where it won't shut off and won't show red. I have tried multiple stuff and it just got worse. I suggest buying a remote and receiver for your LED strips until this problem gets resolved. 

Posted By: fpg127
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 5:22pm
Just to help anyone that is having the issue where the program won't launch at all. I found that by disabling the RGB lighting program from my Team Delta TFORCE rgb ram (BLITZ) I was able to finally open the RGBLED program again. In the blitz program I set the lighting to OFF and then closed it. 

I believe this program is basically the same generic program other RAM companies use like G.Skill and probably some others.

Posted By: xavierif
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:39pm
Just built my new PC and find the fault of this software. Very disappointed, think about returning this motherboard (fatal1ty x470 gaming k4) and get another brand :(

Posted By: xavierif
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:55pm

<span style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">Board: X370 Gaming K4</span><div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">BIOS: 3.00<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">CPU:?[URL=https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-1700X-Processor-YD170XBCAEWOF/dp/B06X3W9NGG]AMD?Ryzen?7?1700X[/URL]<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">OS:?Windows 10 64Bit<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">Hey Guys, I found a way to fix the RGB lights on my board. Here is what I did:<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">1) ?I have installed?<span style=": rgb17, 17, 17; color: rgb204, 204, 204; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.5px;">ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.24 application</span><div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">2) ?open cmd NOT powershell as an administrator (type "cmd" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">3) go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">4) flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds. ?<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">I've got following messages<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
<div style=": rgb43, 43, 43;">
? ?wICPFLASH v1.0.16 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
BIOS Version = P3.00
Enter ICP mode.
Erasing: ? ? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Verifying: ? VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

This worked for me. I have the Fatal1ty x470 gaming k4 mobo and the unique change you should do is this command: "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08"

You have to change nu41_1.08 for your current version. You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin" and the current version as of the day of this post is nu51_2.07 so the final command you have to type is wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 and all runs OK.

Hope this helps sb out there.

Posted By: Stonex
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 5:32am

[/QUOTE]

This worked for me. I have the Fatal1ty x470 gaming k4 mobo and the unique change you should do is this command: "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08"

You have to change nu41_1.08 for your current version. You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin" and the current version as of the day of this post is nu51_2.07 so the final command you have to type is wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 and all runs OK.

Hope this helps sb out there.[/QUOTE]
Wow took me forever to log in with password bs; but had to to let peeps know this works for my board x470 taichi ult (changed to ...nu51_2.07) which is current right now.

Posted By: Hisgen
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 7:40am
I really need some help. I recently build a new pc with the next components:
-Asrock X470 Taichi
-Ryzen5 2600X
-Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mhz (from qvl list)
-Coolermaster ML240L RGB liquid cooler
-Coolermaster MasterFan MF120R ARGB 3in1
-Coolermaster MWE Gold 750 Full Modulair

Everything was working fine, except the RGB components. ASRRGBLED software didn't work. I found out about this post and followed the instructions by typing in the commands. Because it didn't work the first time I found out my version was not "nu51_1.08" but "nu51_1.10". So I changed the last two digits and executed the command. Suddenly the CPU fans started spinning at max speed. The fans on the cpu cooler are quite noisy, so my pc is making a lot of awfull noise right now. Changing the FAN settings in the bios didn't change a thing. I updated my bios to the latest version. But the fans are still spinning at max speed. I tried all different fan modes, including silent mode. Nothing helps. I'm getting crazy because of sound and frustration. Who knows what the problem is and how to fix this?

Thank you!

Posted By: hamface55
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:19am
Hello,

I have the asrock b450 pro4. The asrock RGB program sometimes would work and sometimes did not. I looked it upo and apparently I am not the only one with this issue. I follow this forum to fix http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4537&PN=5&title=rgb-led-issues I followed the post made by TheNoize (the one he quoted). When I get to the part where I put in wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08. it did not work. it said it was not found. I went to that file loaction and saw that I had two different files there. One was wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.10 and wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07. I then put in wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.10. That worked but I still had the same issue with the ASROCK rgb program not opening. So I then tried wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 This caused my LEDs to shut off. The program is still not launching. I tried redoing everythign. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ASrock rgb program. Nothing is working. When I put it wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_2.07 my LEDS start to do the breath red effect. I then get this error.

wICPFLASH v1.0.18 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Project Name = B450 Pro4
BIOS Version = P1.80
Reading file: nu51_2.07...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Programming: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Verifying:   VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Exit ICP mode.
Program done.

CMD_RPD_HIGH_LOW data not match.
               ########    ###    #### ##
               ##        ## ##    ## ##
               ##        ##   ##   ## ##
               ######   ##     ## ## ##
               ##       ######### ## ##
               ##       ##     ## ## ##
               ##       ##     ## #### ########

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin>

The # spell out FAIL in the cmd prompt by the way.

I know this is a long one and I know not a lot of people use asrock. If anyone knows a fix please help. I have found nothing online. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

-------------
hamface55

Posted By: pragger
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:34am
I had this same issue and its extremely complex however ive been able to work around it. sort of... i have been able to get the rgb to sync and everything else works however im having issues with 2-3 leds in each fan/ strip where they are stuck on a previous input setting. if i start on static and change it to rainbow the 2/3 rgb lights will remain static and the remaining 13- 15 rgbs do what theyre supposed to. and as for your situation about the fail protocol, i get that too and then my fans go at full blast until i reset and flash 2.07 and it goes away and the program fails and recieve the fail error. im not sure of a soloution besides maybe resetting the bios but im scared it would mess up my computer even more.....

Posted By: SARDONICK
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
YOU= DA MAN
2019 and I just had this issue on this poorly designed and horribly executed board/software. I had to change to the version of the bin file in the directory, and use the wicpflashadsb utility but it worked, and you led me to it. Thank you!!

Posted By: fernhungry
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:45pm
I get a verification error when I try this. Any advice?

Project Name = AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
BIOS Version = P5.30
Reading file: nu51_1.10...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000FF, Device ID: 0x00FF00FF
Erasing:     EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Verifying:   Verify error: address=0x00000000, value: 0x000000FF != 0x00000002

Posted By: Tekelope
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:03am
close NZXT cam app! fixes everything!

Posted By: vmen
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:53am
How exactly you ran polychrome on your motherboard because i'm using the same board and i can only use asrock rgb led which is not exactly the same program. If I am right polychrome is not supported for my board but if I'm wrong and you know how to do it I will be glad if you help me and the others. Just to be known i tried your cmd commands and it won't work.

Posted By: vmen
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:55am
how exactly you did it

Posted By: chrismarshall3
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:54am
I am running latest polychrome and nu_2.08 on x470 board and it runs ok I cant controll header 2 at all and header 1 makes my EK vector always show blue no matter what i do.

Posted By: AndersBora
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:38am
Hello! My polychrome RGB half a year doesn't work. Doesn't help updating the program and BIOS. The RGB always blinks by default with white light.
My motherboard is Z390 Taichi, PolychromeRGB v1.0.38, BIOS v4.0
Can someone help with this?
Thanks!

Posted By: npzeyer
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:11pm
I have:
- X370 Gaming K4 mobo
- bios v 5.30 with default bios settings
- Ryzen 1700X
- one RGB deepcool fan connected to 12vGRB cpu rgb header (not the amd usb header) and no other rgb device
- Windows 10 Pro, May 2019 update

- fresh install, pure stock drivers from Microsoft, except for Samsung NVME driver

- F-Stream Tuning utility ver:3.0.199
- ASRock RGB LED ver:1.0.41
- CPUID's cpu-z, hwmonitor, powermax
- hwinfo64
- AMD's Ryzen Master
- Samsung Magician

the RGB led utility cannot successfully run. Nothing appears. There is no change in the default breathing red led mode. In the task manager, I see the program start, then terminates after a couple of seconds.

I did not try the workaround others posted about using the programs's flash utility to flash the rgb chip since my issue is where the proram does not even start.

Posted By: npzeyer
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 1:07am
Alright, I've solved the problem with the Asrock RGB utility.
The separate download from here:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Download

does not work. Program quits a couple seconds soon after starting. So i uninstalled it and downloaded the APP Shop ver:1.0.41, then download the older RGB utilty ver 1.0.39 from the App store, then it works.

Posted By: totherik91
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:47am
Hi!
I have an Asrock B450m Pro4 motherboard and bought a cheap LED strip (addressable RGB, WS2812B, with 60 LED-s on the strip).
The ASRock Polychrome software works just fine (1.0.48, firmware v2.9), but on the ARGB strip (plugged in the ARGB header on the motherboard) works just like a normal RGB strip, all LED-s showing the same color at the same intensity at once. I can change the color in the software, but just for the whole strip, not for the individual LED-s. Should'nt i be able to control the individual LED-s in the strip? The same strip works with my friends Arduino controller just as intended, all LED-s addressed individually.
Also, the colors in the software are messed up, for example when i set it to blue, the strip changes to a light pink, the all red shows as an almost white, faint blue. The LED count in the software shows 67 instead of 60, when i set it to 66 the last LED turns off, by 65 the last two, and by 7, all of the LED-s are turned off.

Posted By: SAJ
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:05pm
why chrome connect tab not showing in asrock polychrome rgb ???
i am so disappointed with asrock,i bought asrock product first time phantom gaming b365m,i am so angry right now,why the polychrome software looks so old and bugy and only 7 effect of addressable rgb,just look at the asus,gigabyte and msi they have very nice staff
please fix this razer chorme connect problem soon as you can

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:09pm
Good luck with that mate,

I have not been able to get my RAM, graphics, cpu or LED strips working with the damn software. No matter what. Installed new windows,tried all firmware and software. All products have AsRock labelled compatible on the box.

The software gives errors on startup, wont save settings, wont work with third party (Razer) nothing changes. Its all a joke. Only thing it does successfully is change the motherboard lights. Which I can do in bios anyway.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by SAJ SAJ wrote:

why chrome connect tab not showing in asrock polychrome rgb ???
i am so disappointed with asrock,i bought asrock product first time phantom gaming b365m,i am so angry right now,why the polychrome software looks so old and bugy and only 7 effect of addressable rgb,just look at the asus,gigabyte and msi they have very nice staff
please fix this razer chorme connect problem soon as you can

Good luck with that mate,

I have not been able to get my RAM, graphics, cpu or LED strips working with the damn software. No matter what. Installed new windows,tried all firmware and software. All products have AsRock labelled compatible on the box.

The software gives errors on startup, wont save settings, wont work with third party (Razer) nothing changes. Its all a joke. Only thing it does successfully is change the motherboard lights. Which I can do in bios anyway.

"essentially" I purchased my items because they were compatible. How silly was I? Should have bought another brand.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:26pm
nothing to say,they are even not responding about this

Posted By: XmanSE
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 11:41am
I have this problem, recently i bought a new case with rgb header for the front fans, and i'm being using the latest version of Polychrome RGB to control all the lights in my system. However when in plug the front fans header to the RGB LED 2, in the Polychrome RGB it´s appears that is not active, is grayed out, instead appears the adrgb active, but i can't control anything in this header.

It's weird, and i can't find any solution for this.

-------------
X470 Taichi | Ryzen 9 3900X | 8x2 GSkill Trident Z RGB | Asus Strix RTX 2080ti | Samsung 970 Evo+ | EVGA 750 GQ

Posted By: gizmic
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:54pm
dont know why you guys have so many problems all is working for me and yes even linked with chrome

-------------

Posted By: ArYSeCED
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:47pm
@gizmic
How do you link it with Chrome? What does this link do?

Posted By: AndersBora
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:04am
Originally posted by AndersBora AndersBora wrote:

Hello! My polychrome RGB half a year doesn't work. Doesn't help updating the program and BIOS. The RGB always blinks by default with white light.
My motherboard is Z390 Taichi, PolychromeRGB v1.0.38, BIOS v4.0
Can someone help with this?
Thanks!

It worked, when I installed the version of BIOS 4.1

Posted By: ArYSeCED
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:25am
Can someone please help me understand how do I enable the chrome link?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:15am
how you linked with chroma connect?my polychrome software not shows razer chroma connect tab.do you have a razer product?

Posted By: Relihschneider
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:30pm
Thanks, i will try your solution to opening rgb app on my x370 taichi bios 5.8

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by npzeyer npzeyer wrote:

does not work. Program quits a couple seconds soon after starting. So i uninstalled it and downloaded the APP Shop ver:1.0.41, then download the older RGB utilty ver 1.0.39 from the App store, then it works.

Thanks, i will try your solution to opening rgb app on my x370 taichi bios 5.8

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:10am
Originally posted by npzeyer npzeyer wrote:

sorry, buy i cannot find rgb utility ver 1.0.39.
can you or someone upload it please?

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:20am
Sorry for a lot of post, i dont know how edit
i confirm, i will work with Asrock RGB led v1.0.12
i found it in the Motherboard system CD from my Asrock X370 Taichi
in the utility folder

Thanks!!!

Posted By: mm11
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:56am
Hey man,

I know this thread is pretty old but... I recently built my first pc.
I have the Asrock x570m pro4. I did what you mentioned but with the newer files for the flash and im still not getting a change in fan color when using the polychrome sync. Any suggestions?

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:09pm

-------------

Posted By: niiou
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:28pm
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Creator
BIOS: 2.00
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
RAM: G-Skill TridentZ Neo RGB CL16 3600 2x16GB

Running into similar issues. My AMD RGB Fan header is stuck on green whenever trying to display a color. Then my RGB Fan Header (regular one)is always displaying blue, even if I set the color to "black".

I only care about fixing at least one header at the least. I've troubleshooted for the past 3 hours and even flashed my bios and nothing helps. I made sure all orientations were correct, tried different cables, tested the fans on different board, even tried even loading the 2.10 and the 1.10 firmware and software.

The rgb ram works just fine and the aRgb Header does too but the 4 pins ones wont budge at all. its super frustrating to have these problems still in 2020 with a $500 motherboard.

Everything is set to the same color in the software here but you can see how these issues mess up the colors.

pls help

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
with wrong colours its either wrong flash or reversed plug

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 6:17pm
which polychrome version you using?

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 6:27pm
we surely have different polychrome versions different board

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:03pm
i know. i am asking because in yor version your chorma connect tab is showing

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:24pm
if it helps its 1.0.60 firmware 2.10

-------------

Posted By: niiou
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 3:43am
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

with wrong colours its either wrong flash or reversed plug

I'm running ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.38 with nu51_3.04 flash.
I've also made sure the cables I plugged in were in right configuration according to the x570 creator manual. I also tried playing around to see if flipping it will magically fix anything but I've had no luck.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:37am
i guess you need a hub or a splitter to get it working on the same colour then

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm
i know.just tell me

Posted By: ThunderThome
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 7:43am
When I try to flash the firmware I get the following error. 'This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.' So here I am and I don't know what to do now.

-------------
Mobo: x570 Aqua - CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x - GPU: RTX 2080Ti - RAM: 64GB Trident Z Royal

Posted By: apache657
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:14pm
thanks still works just changed the program name a bit and the firmware version

Posted By: Dejadew
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 1:47am
When I try to do this My pc restarts. I have tried to flash and it just keeps restarting my computer. any ideas? I only have nu51_1.10 in the folder so I am using that one.

Posted By: Dejadew
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 2:17am
below is what I get when I try to use the flash program through admin CMD.

Project Name = X399 Professional Gaming
BIOS Version = P3.50
Reading file: nu51_1.10...0...ok.
Enter ICP mode.

Then my computer just restarts.

Any one know a fix for this?

Posted By: dumbo
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:48am
If anyone confuse with
"'wICPFLASH.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
Open your file location on ASRRGBLED and then look at your wicpflash on the list.
Mine was "wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe" and the file was "nu51_3.04", just change the original command to that.

Iam using B450m steel Legend and it fixes the light flickering, eventhough its not affecting performance i am getting irritate by it xd.

Posted By: tzhaki
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 10:06am
Literal god, except that that now (software updated) you need to remove the quotes but keep the cd before the file path. Also, as of the current version of software, you need to run the command "wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe /File=nu51_3.04" without the quotes.

Posted By: Shafenator
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:02pm
Will there ever be a permanent fix to this? I have to reflash the board every couple weeks, its so annoying...

Posted By: Dirty Dipcan
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 11:27am
April 2023

Hey I have tried every fix in this discussion and not a single one worked but I did find another fix on this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7jSPjEw7gE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7jSPjEw7gE .

Hope this helps,

Also, Polychrome works with Razer's RGB software and provides some better options and presets. However polychrome is big dumb and will only let the software control every LED as one component instead of separately....If Razer's software doesn't see polychrome or your components, download ASROCK's "appshop" from their website and there should be an option to update polychrome. That should fix it.

[DO NOT USE RAZER'S AUDIO RGB SYNC OPTION IT WILL CAUSE BAD PROBLEMS]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net