Forum Description: Question about ASRock Intel Motherboards
URL: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4557
Printed Date: 26 Jun 2024 at 11:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Asrock Gaming k6 issue, please HELP
Posted By: Kanty
Subject: Asrock Gaming k6 issue, please HELP
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
Hi all, I just recently got a custom built PC with this MOBO, I've just noticed I have a blinking red LED and error code 30, so I went ahead and restarted my Pc and the error code is gone and now it is blank but the LED is still flashing. Also, computer is running fine for the most part, all installed RAM is showing up correctly. Temps are all fine during prolonged gaming periods...please let me know as this i have just received this in the mail a day ago. Also of note is I get 1 beep on boot up that comes directly from the Motherboard. It seemingly boots just fine though.

Parts are:

I7 7700k with Asetek 550LC
Asus Dual fan GTX 1070
16GB 3000 MHz ADATA XPG z1
512 GB intel 600p
1TB WD HDD

Replies:
Posted By: parsec
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:45pm
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

Hi all, I just recently got a custom built PC with this MOBO, I've just noticed I have a blinking red LED and error code 30, so I went ahead and restarted my Pc and the error code is gone and now it is blank but the LED is still flashing. Also, computer is running fine for the most part, all installed RAM is showing up correctly. Temps are all fine during prolonged gaming periods...please let me know as this i have just received this in the mail a day ago. Also of note is I get 1 beep on boot up that comes directly from the Motherboard. It seemingly boots just fine though.

Parts are:

I7 7700k with Asetek 550LC
Asus Dual fan GTX 1070
16GB 3000 MHz ADATA XPG z1
512 GB intel 600p
1TB WD HDD

Are you sure the red LED is blinking? Where is that LED on the board? Is that LED near the two digit LCD display?

Your board (I assume a Z270 Gaming K6) has two BIOS chips, each one has a small red LED indicator that shows which BIOS chip is being used, the main or backup. It does not indicate an error or problem.

Do you know that this board has the AURA RGB LED feature, and has LEDs all over the board? Maybe it is disabled in the BIOS if you don't have all kinds of lights showing up on your board. Or it could be just an AURA LED.

If you get one beep from the board, that means POST completed fine, and if the PC then boots Windows, you are fine. If the PC was running fine when you noticed the code on the display, it did not mean anything.

-------------
http://valid.x86.fr/48rujh" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm
" rel="nofollow - Hi, really appreciate the answer...I have noticed the error code 30 shows up after starting out of sleep mode accompanied by one beep, but again...all is running fine and dandy. But if I just start the computer from shutdown it passes all codes and beeps once and boots perfectly normal as well. But is it of concern that it beeps out of sleep as well and is accompanied by error code 30 even though things are running just fine? Again...thanks and hopefully you have good news for me as I'm worried as all get out over this.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm
Also the led that is flashing is the one behind the installed video card in the upper PCIE slot to answer your question.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 1:36pm
Also the code stays until Normal shut down and restart. Thanks again man.

Posted By: Xaltar
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
Parsec and I both have the same board as you. I have not seen any LEDs in that region of the board, flashing or otherwise. Are you sure it isn't just the NIC port lights or maybe a light on your GPU?

That or your board is mounted in an inverted case?

The 2 LEDs boxed in yellow at the bottom right of the board are BIOS indicator LEDs that tell you which of the 2 BIOS chips is in use. One of these will be on all the time, this is normal. On the IO Armor I have indicated the location of the LAN indicator LEDs, these can be seen from inside the case in some situations (like mine) even though they are on the rear IO shield. 

Are any of these the LED you are referring to?

Code 30 is a memory related error, if the system is waking from sleep and functioning normally I wouldn't worry about it. It is most likely that the system did not complete a memory test before the system woke. The fact that it does not happen from cold boot means your RAM is working fine but something is happening at wake that is preventing proper memory testing prior to handing off to the OS. I would keep an eye on it on cold boots and make sure it doesn't start happening there, I doubt it will but it's good to be safe. If it does then there is likely an issue with your RAM, if not it is likely just a bug. 200 series boards are still very new and BIOS updates/fixes are still under way. Fortunately most of these fixes are to do with trivial bugs.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm
" rel="nofollow - The light that flashes is right below the installed RAM, and right behind my GPU which is sort of large since its a 1070...right behind that plastic piece that you have pictured above...it is flashing as we speak. Also, yes....I will indeed keep an eye on it...I've checked BIOS to see that my installed RAM was indeed showing up and configured correctly...I did take the case off and made sure all was snug...which it seemed to be....please forgive me as I'm new to fiddling with all the parts...I know the parts...I just don't know how to put them all together...hence why I ordered this custom built. Also, it is running fine even after error code 30 shows up after booting from sleep mode...is it normal to beep once even out of sleep aswell? Thanks, you both have been a huge help...I spent a lot of money on this machine and really want it to last me until I feel comfortable messing with the components more.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Also, I'm not using LAN...I'm using a wireless usb for WIFI.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:36pm
And no, I can confirm that the light that is flashing is not the BIOS light...I see that now right next to Dr Debug Code. The flashing is coming from behind that large plastic piece (the one that says FATALITY ASROCK) above the BIOS light and below the installed RAM modules.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:39pm
" rel="nofollow - [URL=][/URL]I do have a RGB LED strip installed but I have turned them off with the remote that it came with...the other light still persists in an almost pulsating type rhythm. Big Deal or nah?

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:48pm
" rel="nofollow - Ah, now I know the one you are talking about, it is one of the board's RGB LEDs under the PCH (chipset) heatsink. One of them is a little less covered by the heatsink and can glare a little. 

Install the "ASRock RGB LED" app from your product download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming%20K6/index.asp?cat=#osW1064     (copy paste link)

It is toward the bottom of the list.

This app will allow you to configure your board's RGB LEDs, some will remain on like the BIOS indicator and power and reset buttons on the top right edge but the rest you can fully configure, color, brightness, flashing patterns etc.

The pulsing is the factory default.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:59pm
" rel="nofollow - Oh my. Thanks for all the help, I will try that...and as for the error code 30...you don't think it's a concern in my particular case?

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:07pm
" rel="nofollow - Lol, I did as you suggested and that worked...you have no idea how scared I was that something was wonky. (I have really awful luck with this kind of stuff, so I assumed the worst). As for the Error Code 30 after sleep mode, I am still a bit concerned about it, but somewhat relieved by what you said earlier...how concerned should I be though? Thank you very much for all your help tonight...I didn't think anyone would answer me.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm
Honestly with the amount of bugs we saw with the 100 series boards to do with sleep I wouldn't worry about it. I prefer setting my system to shut down rather than sleep, with the kind of boot times we see today I really don't see the point of sleep at all anymore. I generally disable it.

If you are using windows 8/8.1 or 10 you can type "Power Plan" in your search box and click "choose a power plan" then click "change plan settings" and set sleep to "never".

Also, when you do shut down the system it is best for the system if you do not turn off power from the outlet. It will extend your system's lifespan as it is far less stressful on the power supply and motherboard. The only time I ever switch off at the wall (and unplug) is when there is a lightning storm or I will be away for an extended period. 

The Z270 Gaming K6 is a brilliant board, I have been using mine for several months now and it has been fantastic. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:22pm
I just tested the sleep situation you mentioned and my board also shows a 30 code on the debug display when it wakes.

It is a bug, I wouldn't worry about it. I have stressed this system to hell and back and used it for months without a single issue. I will bring up the bug with Tech Support but it isn't something that will damage your system or indicate a problem. It likely is just a glitch in the debug system of the board Wink

You can put your mind at ease and enjoy your system now Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Ah man, thanks an absolute sh*t ton man. I was having a heart attack over here, thank you over and over again! You have a wonderful night and I truly do appreciate your help and advice...I knew the board was good as I have done an intense amount of studying before I ordered all the parts for this custom build and this seemed like the best fit for what I wanted now and for the foreseeable future...glad it appears to be a bug. My mind feels much better hahahaha...and boot times are insane man with this Intel 600P...literally seconds...feels so nice to the standard 7200RPM HDD's.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:31pm
" rel="nofollow - Does your MOBO also beep on startup from sleep and shutdown?

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:42pm
It does. I disconnect my PC speaker usually as I only ever use it when there is a problem I need to resolve. I just tested it now and can confirm the same behavior.

-------------

Posted By: wardog
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:08pm
And another Michigander joins the Forum.

Until a year ago when I retired to Arizona I called Kalamazoo(Portage) my life long home.

Beer

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:52pm
Yeah, I just have an HDMI set up. I didn't even know there was a speaker in that location honestly lol, cause the sound is definitely not coming from my TV or any other spot besides the case...it's coming straight from the case, and heck yeah man...I'm a yooper. Lol

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
Enjoy your system Kanty and feel free to pop in here any time if you have any more questions Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
I said in my first response that it might be the AURA LEDs that was flashing. LOL

Can you imagine if AURA was set to one of its other settings, with green, yellow, etc flashing or "breathing" as they call it?

In this case, that's not an error, it's a feature!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:36am
Thanks guys, I will try not to be paranoid. It's hard though, cause I've had some awful luck in the past. Hahaha

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:37am
The Beep was the last concern I had out of boot and sleep, but apparently that is normal as well...although it is strange as I've never had a computer beep when it wakes or gets turned on.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:54am
" rel="nofollow -
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

The Beep was the last concern I had out of boot and sleep, but apparently that is normal as well...although it is strange as I've never had a computer beep when it wakes or gets turned on.

A POST Ok single beep is normal from a cold boot or restart. That is an option in the UEFI/BIOS that can be enabled or disabled on most boards. ASRock sets it to disabled by default, the place that built the PC must have set it to enabled. But I will say that I never hear a beep when the board wakes from Sleep.

I wonder if Windows is configured to use Hibernate instead of Sleep on your PC.

What version of Windows do you have on that PC?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 1:34am
It does the same on mine with post beep enabled waking and entering sleep so who knows. Regardless it isn't an issue.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

It does the same on mine with post beep enabled waking and entering sleep so who knows. Regardless it isn't an issue.

Interesting, again my Z270 GK6 does not beep when waking from Sleep, and I use Sleep quite a bit.

Let me throw this out there, I have AURA disabled.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:11am
I will tinker around with settings and see what's up before we shuffle this off to tech support. The only thing I find odd is the 30 error on the debug display, it stays there once the system wakes until you shut down/restart.

My system also won't stay asleep, it powers down then right back on again. That has something to do with my settings in the OS though, I couldn't be bothered to sort it out as I never use sleep anyway.

Win 10 64 pro.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net